Former US pilot shoots himself dead at house in Chiang Mai

webfact

When your health goes and pain sets in its not surprising people suicide. 

This death looks  straightforward but alot of them aren't. A yank about 60 ish who lived near me  died suddenly and left behind alot of assets  for his wife and her family in Bangkok. The body was cremated and they tried to get more money out of his family in California.  I dont trust Thai women who want to marry a farang ; expecially old fa-lung.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, lanista said:

When your health goes and pain sets in its not surprising people suicide. 

This death looks  straightforward but alot of them aren't. A yank about 60 ish who lived near me  died suddenly and left behind alot of assets  for his wife and her family in Bangkok. The body was cremated and they tried to get more money out of his family in California.  I dont trust Thai women who want to marry a farang ; expecially old fa-lung.

Nobody asked you to trust Thai women.

OTOH I as a 74 year old fat falang DO trust the majority of Thai women I have met, then again I have only met a very very small percentage of Thai women in Thailand.

BTW my wife never asked to marry me. I asked to marry her.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, greenchair said:

After 24 years in Thailand, I still am finding new stuff everyday. 

I'm still very young at only 55, but there's so much for me still to learn. Look around yourself for a bright child that needs educating and self sponsor the child. It's amazing to see them go to their successes knowing that you have been a part of that. The important thing is to get out and about even if you don't feel like it. Life is way too short, drink slowly from it down to the very last drop. 

Done that (sponsor a Thai child).

Getting out is hard, it's raining every day.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:01 PM, BritManToo said:

Don't know, but diabetes is a nasty disease, limited mobility, restricted diet, and your nether regions don't work any more.

I'm also 62, no diseases, but life seems pretty pointless now, maybe he was the sensible one.

In my younger life i had (still have) a really cool uncle who is just a little older than you.

As us kids, and other family, cousins etc all looked up to the guy in our childhood for his rascal antics and being a traveller and go-getter.
He got around a bit but never actually lived overseas himself.
My point is, the older guys have had an interesting life, a lot different from the next generation.
I am sure there are people back then and when, and now, who admire the things you did in life.
And really, you are always contributing in some way, to someones life who is younger, even when you not really even aware of it at the time.
So you need to show your strength as that is what they most probably remember about you.

Those who admire you would be sad to see you loose the zest of life that got you to the here and now
I think keep busy your mind with challenges and if possible to get out for fitness.
If not then maybe start some kind of memories thread where people can read of your adventures and others can contribute.

life was a lot friendlier back then and its nice to remember.
I know many make it a tradition to take the p!SS on TV but i think there are others (like me)who like to hear what it was like back then, and in the same way , i have young relatives who realise the world was a lot different in my day (the 70s) and they would have gived anything to lived in those times inststead of what they have been left with now.
SO..if anything man its time to celebrate as you actually won the game already.

• Like 2

I have another bank account in my home country , in case of emergency . It has not been touched for 7 years.  So if I need a flight out of here , I will take it , to get help from depressions , severe illnesses etc.   

You just need to plan your exit , suicide is not it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Done that (sponsor a Thai child).

Getting out is hard, it's raining every day.

Life is really precious. 

Whether it's on the sofa watching movies all day, playing fb or chatting on TV. Going out on the bus, travelling the world. Whatever it is, it's all good stuff. Some people get caught up in that they should be doing something for life to worthwhile. When in fact, life on the sofa is as worthwhile as life busy busy. 

I'm loving life itself for no other reason than, I'm happy just to be alive. 

Every day is a gift. 

That's why they call it the present. 

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Mickmouse1 said:

How can anyone prove that he shot himself?  I am sure he was a sensible and balanced man only we do not know the real truth.

Many of those allegedly killed themselves seem to have "THAI WOMAN" close to them whether she is a wife or a gf etc etc

"I am sure he was a sensible and balanced man..."

Why are you so sure of that, did you know him or do you just want to throw the blame on to his wife with no justification at all?  

• Like 1

A Thai wife heard a single shot ring out at their house on the Rattanakosin Road in Chiang Mai yesterday.

She ran to a bedroom where her husband was dead from a bullet wound to the right temple.

Police found the gun still in the dead man's hand

A Thai wife- A bedroom- A bullet wound- why not a gun? RIP, dude. Things must have been not good. 

40 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Life is really precious. 

Whether it's on the sofa watching movies all day, playing fb or chatting on TV. Going out on the bus, travelling the world. Whatever it is, it's all good stuff. Some people get caught up in that they should be doing something for life to worthwhile. When in fact, life on the sofa is as worthwhile as life busy busy. 

I'm loving life itself for no other reason than, I'm happy just to be alive. 

Every day is a gift. 

That's why they call it the present. 

Dude, you're too long in Thailand. Playing facebook says it all. 

But yes, every day, every hour, every minute of being a healthy person is a gift. Most people only understand that when they get very sick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

But yes, every day, every hour, every minute of being a healthy person is a gift. Most people only understand that when they get very sick. 

Dat be da truth .   (but no need to add the "dude").    my back is hurting me now...but i do try to respond without the dude part.  

Another funny thing is that when someone complains about something i try to tell them how bloody happy they should be just to be healthy.   But i guess i kinda made similar mistakes when i was full of vigor.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2018 at 3:05 AM, ThaiPauly said:

RIP, served his country with distinction I imagine and it comes to this, could it be stress related from his job? Who knows, probably never will.  Gotta feel very sorry for his wife too.

You knew him?

21 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Yes , my Aussie mate has a favourite expression  ' Health is wealth '.

He also says ' The weed we need '    and ' The herb superb ' This has more to do with a green leafed plant.

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Since when has death been less painful in the wealthy west?

From my personal experience: 

in wealthy western countries the syringes are sharper and thinner,

there are more choices of medicines in cases of allergic reaction,

doctors give out pain killer pills like candies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

any proper investigation done? Gun shot residue test of the lady? Check the finances please.  Did he buy the house for her?  Just some routine things to look into before jumping to a suicide conclusion or any other conclusions.

Why do you feel the need to know?

Are you a police officer, a lawyer with responsibility for the guy?

Was he a friend, a relative perhaps or what? The ONLY people that need to know are his family, Thai and American.

If you qualify then I apologise. If not...

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

any proper investigation done? Gun shot residue test of the lady? Check the finances please.  Did he buy the house for her?  Just some routine things to look into before jumping to a suicide conclusion or any other conclusions.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Was he a friend, a relative perhaps or what? The ONLY people that need to know are his family, Thai and American.

It's highly unlikely that he's any of those things.

More probably he's a misfit who takes pleasure in denigrating everything he can about Thailand.

According to the way they think, there are very few farang suicides here. The vast majority are murders made to look like suicides.

Evil Thais - especially the women - are behind most of them.

You really have to wonder what keeps so many malcontents here.

Are they being held against their will?

In recent years their numbers on ThaiVisa have increased dramatically, and the "likes" that they get show the amount of support they have.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

they are not the only people that need to know.  If a murderer or conspirators are on the loose, then that is certainly relevant information.  If the number of foreigners that die in homes they bought and paid for but are in their Thai wives names is a very large number, that that certainly is relevant.  If the police don't routinely conduct any sort of investigation then that certainly is relevant.

15 hours ago, JingerBen said:

It's highly unlikely that he's any of those things.

More probably he's a misfit who takes pleasure in denigrating everything he can about Thailand.

According to the way they think, there are very few farang suicides here. The vast majority are murders made to look like suicides.

Evil Thais - especially the women - are behind most of them.

You really have to wonder what keeps so many malcontents here.

Are they being held against their will?

In recent years their numbers on ThaiVisa have increased dramatically, and the "likes" that they get show the amount of support they have.

If a murderer or conspirators are on the loose, then that is certainly relevant information.  If the number of foreigners that die in homes they bought and paid for but are in their Thai wives names is a very large number, that that certainly is relevant.  If the police don't routinely conduct any sort of investigation then that certainly is relevant.   If people such as you decide to generalize and make assumptions and allegations and assertions about people you don't know, well, you are no better than the people you are back handedly flaming

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

If a murderer or conspirators are on the loose, then that is certainly relevant information.  If the number of foreigners that die in homes they bought and paid for but are in their Thai wives names is a very large number, that that certainly is relevant.  If the police don't routinely conduct any sort of investigation then that certainly is relevant.   If people such as you decide to generalize and make assumptions and allegations and assertions about people you don't know, well, you are no better than the people you are back handedly flaming

Whataboutery.

You are the one who is making assumptions and allegations and assertions about people you don't know.

I will most certainly die in the home of my Thai wife built on the land that belongs to her which I paid for.

If I am in constant pain with no chance of getting better I will most probably commit suicide though not with a gun. My wife and son will know why as will my neighbours and relatives in the UK.

It will be NO business of yours nor would I want any comments from you at all.

It is my life to do with as I wish, just as it was with the pilot who died.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Whataboutery.

You are the one who is making assumptions and allegations and assertions about people you don't know.

I will most certainly die in the home of my Thai wife built on the land that belongs to her which I paid for.

If I am in constant pain with no chance of getting better I will most probably commit suicide though not with a gun. My wife and son will know why as will my neighbours and relatives in the UK.

It will be NO business of yours nor would I want any comments from you at all.

It is my life to do with as I wish, just as it was with the pilot who died.

I did not make any assumptions.  I simply asked questions that should be asked anytime somebody is found dead.  I did not make any allegations or assertions.  You are the one that insists on reading in things that are not there and that were not said.   If you want to commit suicide, that's fine.  Leave a good clean video, have plenty of witnesses, etc. so there will be no doubt.