Anthony Hopkins says he should have died drunk in Wales and was a nightmare to deal with on set

snoop1130

Anthony Hopkins says he should have died drunk in Wales and was a nightmare to deal with on set

By Steffan Rhys

0_LEAP-Foundation-Sir-Anthony-Hopkins.jpg

'I should have died in Wales, drunk' Anthony Hopkins told an audience at the LEAP Foundation on July 25, 2018 in Los Angeles (Image: Greg Doherty/Getty Images)

He is one of the greatest actors of his generation but Sir Anthony Hopkins has described how he was "very difficult" to work with because he drank so heavily and was often hungover on set.

The Welsh actor spoke about his life and career to 500 students at the University Of California on Wednesday, and the Oscar-winner opened up about his longtime struggle with alcohol and how it impacted his early film career.

And he said he could not believe his life had turned out as it had, saying he "should have died in Wales, drunk".

"Because that's what you do in theatre, you drink," he said. "But I was very difficult to work with, as well, because I was usually hungover."

Full Story: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/anthony-hopkins-says-should-died-14958406

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, chippendale said:

High quality comment from our top crime solver.

Eeeeh?? Are you for real? What crime solver, and please give me some examples of that. Care to elaborate on what you just said, or was it just something together with a lot of other BS that flew out unnoticed in a drunken state on a barstool in Amazing Thailand?