Walking Dead star Andrew Lincoln explains why he is quitting in season 9

snoop1130

Walking Dead star Andrew Lincoln explains why he is quitting in season 9

BY JUSTIN HARP

landscape-1532272837-screen-shot-2018-07-22-at-42021-pm.jpg

AMC

The Walking Dead star Andrew Lincoln has explained what fuelled his decision to walk away from the show in season nine.

Lincoln announced officially at Comic-Con earlier this month that he is departing his leading role as Rick Grimes in the zombie apocalypse drama, saying that "no-one is bigger than the story".

Lincoln has since confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that he has now completed work on his final episode, likening walking away from the show to "releasing air, finally".

"It was very satisfying, the last two episodes, in particular," Lincoln added. "But doing a panel and having to talk to [thousands of] people in Hall H and then have all my friends hug me at the end? The shit got real, is the truth of the matter."

Full Story: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a862805/walking-dead-season-9-andrew-lincoln-explains-why-he-quit/

I think most smart people quit at the top, made their money and want to relax whilst watching death approach. No one likes to see someone successful become mediocre and play for Man United one day then Scunthorpe Town the next. Good luck to him life has been kind so go enjoy.

• Like 1

I stopped watching, the unbelievable weak men, combined with the unbearably strong women just makes the whole thing pointless.

If the end of the world as we know it actually happened, men would become barbarian kings and women would be reduced to sex toys and walking wombs.

Rick couldn't be a weaker man.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Silurian said:

I stopped watching after Season 6 when I realized the show was less and less about zombies and more about the humans fighting humans. Getting off on the "shock" value of who will be the "next to go" started wearing thin as well. At the end of Season 6, there was no reason to care for anyone on either side of the conflict and I was secretly wishing that they would all get bit by a zombie and just end the damn show.

ALready stopped in second season, as you said just world continuing after the zombies and just another lots of hate , powerfights among people. Another Dynasty , Dallas or what ever. ZOmbies are just props in the boring story.

4 hours ago, Silurian said:

I stopped watching after Season 6 when I realized the show was less and less about zombies and more about the humans fighting humans. Getting off on the "shock" value of who will be the "next to go" started wearing thin as well. At the end of Season 6, there was no reason to care for anyone on either side of the conflict and I was secretly wishing that they would all get bit by a zombie and just end the damn show.

In my opinion this show isn’t too far off of what would happen if an apocalypse would really go down!

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

In my opinion this show isn’t too far off of what would happen if an apocalypse would really go down!

Maybe, but I wasn't watching it for post-apocalypse human warfare.  I would have rather seen how humans came together to defeat an infestation of zombies. The breakdown of society into conflicting clans has been done ad nauseam in other shows. It is a rinse-repeat story line that is far too easy to produce. I thought at first the show was going to break from that cycle but instead chose to follow the standard post-apocalypse warfare model. Sorry, not interested.

6 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Maybe, but I wasn't watching it for post-apocalypse human warfare.  I would have rather seen how humans came together to defeat an infestation of zombies. The breakdown of society into conflicting clans has been done ad nauseam in other shows. It is a rinse-repeat story line that is far too easy to produce. I thought at first the show was going to break from that cycle but instead chose to follow the standard post-apocalypse warfare model. Sorry, not interested.

Well, that story line would’ve been good for maybe 3 seasons.

It was a great show for the first few seasons, followed the graphic novels pretty closely.

I sorta lost interest a few seasons ago, I think there is probably only so much zombie apocalypse that you can take. I was also in the group that lost interest 'post Glen'

So, good luck for Lincoln, he had a good run, but without him the show is essentially dead, or at least a zombie