Jailed British anti-Muslim activist Robinson released on bail

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Do agree with you this is confusing. I also think that if he had not mentioned any names he would have been ok.

Like i have mentioned on numerous times, he read out the names from a BBC website, so are you saying it was ok for the BBC to report the names but not Tommy ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Like i have mentioned on numerous times, he read out the names from a BBC website, so are you saying it was ok for the BBC to report the names but not Tommy ?

Like has been pointed out to you many times, that website was there before the ban took effect.

Just now, alfieconn said:

Ok, so surely they should be up for contempt of court for not taking it down when there was press restriction ?

I don't know if that website was still online.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't know if that website was still online.

See my earlier post

Edited by alfieconn

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Consider the stink that Yaxley-Lennon and his 'supporters' would kick up if he had been allowed to continue is performance outside of the court and had brought about a mistrial or worse still an unsafe verdict. 

Imagine for a moment if the news was not 'Yaxley-Lennon' released on bail awaiting retrial but because of his actions it was:

'Child Rapists Released from Prison, Convictions Overturned as 'Unsafe' - Compensation will be paid'

He reported for 1h 15mins and people like yourself keep saying "it could have bought a mis-trial, blah blah blah" so why didn't his actions cause a mis -trial  or unsafe verdict ?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

See my earlier post

Which has no bearing at all on being online or not, he could have easily read from the website while it was off line.

7by7 has some good points in post #231 about the filming.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

See my earlier post

You have been told numerous times, in this topic and the other, that the BBC report of the commital proceedings at the Magistrates court last year was well before any reporting restrictions were in place.

Therefore the BBC did not break any reporting restrictions because at that time there were no reporting restrictions to break!

When Yaxley-Lennon read the names out there were reporting restictions in place; where he got the names from is irrelevent.

Got it now?

• Like 2

He reported for 1h 15mins and people like yourself keep saying "it could have bought a mis-trial, blah blah blah" so why didn't his actions cause a mis -trial  or unsafe verdict ?  

Because he was stopped in time?

How do we know that he didn't cause either, though? The men may appeal citing Yaxley-Lennon's publicity stunt as the reason why they did not recieve a fair trial!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Because he was stopped in time?

How do we know that he didn't cause either, though? The men may appeal citing Yaxley-Lennon's publicity stunt as the reason why they did not recieve a fair trial!

What was the outcome of the trial ?

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What was the outcome of the trial ?

The case he was discussing was subject to blanket reporting restrictions imposed under the Contempt of Court Act to ensure that three linked trials did not collapse.

Not sure if they've all finished yet.

The Section 4 (2) order makes it illegal for anyone, in any format, to publish information on any of the cases until the last trial had finished.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The case he was discussing was subject to blanket reporting restrictions imposed under the Contempt of Court Act to ensure that three linked trials did not collapse.

Not sure if they've all finished yet.

The Section 4 (2) order makes it illegal for anyone, in any format, to publish information on any of the cases until the last trial had finished.

The trial may have finished and the reporting restrictions still in place ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Do agree with you this is confusing. I also think that if he had not mentioned any names he would have been ok.

Not sure.

He was originaly arrested for heckling people and trying to film the defendants as they entered court.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Trials, plural. The order covers three related trials.

Once all the trials covered by a restriction have finished, reporting restrictions are lifted.

When are the trials scheduled to be finished ? 

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

When are the trials scheduled to be finished ? 

How long is a piece of string? 

I assume that they haven't all finished as I can't find reports of the result. 

But if anyone can, please post a link. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Go ask the judge. It was his decision.

Sorry ! i thought you knew the answer being as you made the comment "if he had been allowed to continue is performance outside of the court and had brought about a mistrial or worse still an unsafe verdict ".

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

He asks someone he addresses as 'Officer' to confirm he can't use some chairs whilst filming on his mobile.

That will be the old lady who happened to be walking by then 

At no point does he ask if he can break the specific reporting restrictions, he doesn't even mention the case or the reason for his filming to the person he was addressing, and at no point does anyone give him permission to break the reporting restrictions.

Why would he ask that ? anyway It has not been found that he has broken any reporting restriction's, the case hasn't gone to court yet !

I have to wonder why he was using his mobile instead of the film crew he usually employs. Could it be because he wanted to keep a low profile because he knew he was going to commit contempt of court?

Low profile ??? when he is live streaming to thousands of people.

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

Which has no bearing at all on being online or not, he could have easily read from the website while it was off line.

7by7 has some good points in post #231 about the filming.

It is still on line now, what is it with you ?

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You have been told numerous times, in this topic and the other, that the BBC report of the commital proceedings at the Magistrates court last year was well before any reporting restrictions were in place.

Therefore the BBC did not break any reporting restrictions because at that time there were no reporting restrictions to break!

When Yaxley-Lennon read the names out there were reporting restictions in place; where he got the names from is irrelevent.

Got it now?

Can you read ? if so read my earlier post  

Ok, so surely they should be up for contempt of court for not taking it down when there was press restriction ?