cheapest real estate to buy anywhere in Thailand as farang?

47 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I suppose some of us like to be owners rather than renters. If difficult to understand then no point trying to explain.

PS...it's also nice to be able to stick a few pics. of the dear old Mum on the wall without having to ask a stranger for permission.

There are cheap locations all over Thailand. Look for locations with little or no infrastructure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Will a lady buy it? Certainly no. Will buy on my very own name only.

Price range: cheapest. I am just wondering about the price floor.

Any offer below 300000 THB (300 K THB) would be interesting. If I could get something for 50000 THB (yes, 50 K only) I would buy. Certainly far below 1 Mio THB.

Condo, town house or apartment: That depends on what a farang can legally buy. I think the only safe option are condos?

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I suppose some of us like to be owners rather than renters. If difficult to understand then no point trying to explain.

PS...it's also nice to be able to stick a few pics. of the dear old Mum on the wall without having to ask a stranger for permission.

Well, I think it may be you who needs to understand.  I prefer to own property than rent; when I am where I can own it. Consequently, I own property in my country and rent here. Perhaps you have not seen or not heard any of the detrimental trials and tribulations of farangs and property in Thailand.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pbrock said:

Condo, town house or apartment: That depends on what a farang can legally buy. I think the only safe option are condos?

You can only buy a Condo and 100% legally own it in your name..

yes yes you can buy a house and not own the land it sits on..what's the point in that..or try the "dodgy"  Thai company ownership of your land and house..of which you can only own 49% and if the company is not doing any "trading"  risks being investigated for "nominee shareholders"...what's the point in that !

You can also go in one of the Thai banks and ask what they have listed for sale. You can find lots of apartments for a bargain in almost every thai province. 

In fact sometimes they even have an Expo in the shopping malls

• Haha 1

You can also go in one of the Thai banks and ask what they have listed for sale. You can find lots of apartments for a bargain in almost every thai province. 

In fact sometimes they even have an Expo in the shopping malls

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, billinparadise said:

Condo name please near Big C  and soi,,,,thanks

Nirun condo but it really looks like a drump.

View Talay 1 condo at Jomtien is the best investment you could do.

Another related question, if 4 millions to invest would you buy 4 condos for 1 million each, or 1 condo only for 4 millions ?

I am still wondering and might just prefer to buy a new car instead ?

5 minutes ago, gaff said:

Another related question, if 4 millions to invest would you buy 4 condos for 1 million each, or 1 condo only for 4 millions ?

I am still wondering and might just prefer to buy a new car instead ?

A new car starts depreciation as soon as you drive it off

the forecourt,with 4 condos you might,repete might earn 

some income from rent and appreciation as well,

regards worgeordie

I am still wondering and might just prefer to buy a new car instead [emoji846]

Buy 3 condos for 1 million each then you have another million left over for the new car.

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

A new car starts depreciation as soon as you drive it off

the forecourt,with 4 condos you might,repete might earn 

some income from rent and appreciation as well,

regards worgeordie

I already own many condos...

2 minutes ago, johng said:
12 minutes ago, gaff said:
I am still wondering and might just prefer to buy a new car instead emoji846.png

Buy 3 condos for 1 million each then you have another million left over for the new car.

Sorry but I do not buy 1 million cars, my name is not Somchai, I am not Thai, and I have a face ?

No decent car costs less than 4 millions here.

• Haha 2