Pushy bars

georgegeorgia

hey man

thats the way bars are here. happens to me all the time.

having a beer or coconut from a beach chair vendor is much more relaxing. just pay the chair fee usually 50 baht and you never need to worry about rushing because youve paid to sit as long as you like

someone asking all the time about buying more after you give a firm no is bs

Edited by Dick Crank
  • Like 1

Yes I agree some bars are a bit pushy. I found that in Hua Hin a few times so I check bin and move on. I still find more annoying than the above is bloody annoying kids flogging rubbish flowers. One after another. You still see them at 2am. Valentine’s Day stay well away

33 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, some may say that is good service. At least they are checking, and all you have to say is "No"

he tried saying "no" and they kept coming at him, very common in thailand not just at bars but all over. its bs llke someone else already said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

I'd reply no I don't like you. 

Followed by

Do you like me? Am I hansum man? 

Yes! 

Great, why don't you buy me one! 

And watch them walk away in utter confusion 

think your first sentence should be;

I'd reply yes I don't like you.  that's how Thais say it, me thinks

when I'm done with my business in BKK I often visit a bar or 2 before going home to the suburbs

normally with a drink and reading my newspaper

do I hate it when I'm frequently asked for drink sponsoring

though, I find most bars in lower Sukh to be OK

1 hour ago, Dick Crank said:

he tried saying "no" and they kept coming at him, very common in thailand not just at bars but all over. its bs llke someone else already said.

I have been in SEA for over 50 years and in Thailand over that entire time, I have had many drink  maidens come up to ask if I wanted another; I have never had to get mad to make them go away. Sorry if you have a problem.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Even worse than the girl asking if you want another drink is the persistent girl saying "You buy me drink !" when you have been in the bar for 5 minutes and had one sip from your bottle !  "You buy  for my friend too" " Why ?" You no like me ?"  Only one reply.......<deleted>  off !  Finish beer and leave.  Find a nice bar and stay there.

I don't know how so many can have so many problems; perhaps it is your lack of imagination or not knowing how you handle it. If a girl persists asking me to buy her a drink, I simply turn it around. I ask her to buy one for me and for all my friends. Most will say no. Then I ask, "Why, you no like me?  Usually, they walk away; sometimes they will make a joke, "Ok, I buy, you pay."  The smarter ones, will make a deal, "I buy you drink, you buy me drink."  Of course, if you don't care to play banter with them, just say no and look the other way, or at another girl.

• Like 1

I think the OP has a serious Drink problem ...   maybe he should consider joining 

C.*.N.T.S   (Anonymous)

C= Customer

*= Under

N=Negatively 

T= Timed

S=Service  

Edited by banglay