What happened to Silom bars: all closing?

yimlitnoy

9 minutes ago, The manic said:

TVs have no place in pubs and bars unless they are sports bars. TVs are a distraction, they kill off conversation and attract unwanted customers who dont drink much. 

Tvs used to draw people into bars

I remember when tyson was fighting and the bar was suddenly full of people who arrived for a pint and stayed for a few after he usually knocked the guy out in the first minute or so

Same with the football and the snooker, but what works for a pub in manchester or queens might not work in a Thai bar with a few girls and a pool table who like the  dance music pumping 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2018 at 9:03 AM, Nyezhov said:

I saw one white face all day yesterday. Wonderful. If I want to see whitey in a big city, Ill go to NYC and hunt for them among the Somalis, Ethiopians and Chinese. ????

Wonderful. Carry on Mr Multicultural, internationalist, world traveller.

Yes isn't it wonderful that Silom now has Hooters, Paddy Fields and Shennanigans so that people can travel half way around the world and not realise they've left home.

Anyone here actually tried a Bangkok bar while they existed? Sadly Bobbys Arms and Jools are gone now as is Washington Sq. But have a look and a few drinks in the Madrid, Crystal Palace, Crown Royal and others around there before settling for the plastic non-imitation of the current garbage. The likes of Hanrahans have as much alehouse atmosphere of a Woollys caff of old.

Let's all drink to the death of Bangkok, that is what you lot are doing.

1 hour ago, rott said:

Yes isn't it wonderful that Silom now has Hooters, Paddy Fields and Shennanigans so that people can travel half way around the world and not realise they've left home.

Anyone here actually tried a Bangkok bar while they existed? Sadly Bobbys Arms and Jools are gone now as is Washington Sq. But have a look and a few drinks in the Madrid, Crystal Palace, Crown Royal and others around there before settling for the plastic non-imitation of the current garbage. The likes of Hanrahans have as much alehouse atmosphere of a Woollys caff of old.

How true. Good riddance. To the plastic pubs with wall to wall sport and techno musak

14 hours ago, rott said:

Where were Bobbys Arms and Jools located?

I might have been there and just don't recall the name. 

31 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Where were Bobbys Arms and Jools located?

I might have been there and just don't recall the name. 

Jools was in Soi 4, next corner to The Tavern (it is now a 7eleven). Bobbys had a few locations Silom but long, long gone.

Jools actually relocated to the Khao San area but dont think many customers relocated with them.

Archived