Who'd be a landlord! Two renters from hell hit the Thai news

rooster59

Who'd be a landlord! Two renters from hell hit the Thai news

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTQ4NC83NDIyMTIyL25ld3MxOC5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Two separate stories about disgraceful renters of condos are doing the rounds of Thai social media.

The first reported by Sanook showed a room in Sutthisan, Bangkok that had been turned into a virtual zoo.

There were cages all over the place, bedding for animals and the fridge was a filth encrusted mess. 

The renter had actually been paying the rent but the owner suspected something was up as he was not actually living there. 

While Daily News reported on another "renter from hell" this time a lady boy who signed a year's contract with the landlord.

But after just a month the rent was not paid and the bills had been left.

The landlord went over and found all his electrical items including a 32 inch TV had been stolen. 

The renter had left piles of trash and bagged rubbish instead. 

"GG Wizzy PK" went on Facebook in an effort to find the miscreant who they called "a thief in the guise of a renter".

rent.JPG

rent2.JPG
Image: Daily News

Sources: Sanook and Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-04

2 hours ago, brucec64 said:

So you're saying no loans and no rents? So the only way to actually live anywhere is to buy a property with cash? Are you from the Middle Ages?

I think you can borrow and rent, just not lend out money (and expect it back), or rent out property (and expect honest renters).

really this is not news, anyone who rents property has in all likelihood had similar experiences, back in the 90s my gf at the time rented out her flat in exeter when she moved to live in london, when the rent wasnt paid she popped back and found the property completely stripped of contents and in a real state - and the managing agent, who had been paid a fat fee, wanted nothing to do with the situation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, samsensam said:

really this is not news, anyone who rents property has in all likelihood had similar experiences, back in the 90s my gf at the time rented out her flat in exeter when she moved to live in london, when the rent wasnt paid she popped back and found the property completely stripped of contents and in a real state - and the managing agent, who had been paid a fat fee, wanted nothing to do with the situation.

Agree, I had several farang families (all farang) and farang/thai couples rent my luxury house in Jomtien.

Only one couple farang / Thai were clean and sincere people. All the others were total pigs and did a lot of damage.

Worst was a UK husband and wife, dirty and tried every trick in the book to cut the rent, always late with the rent, most times deliberately cut the rent for no valid reason (we haven't used the pool this month so we deducted 10% off the rent, etc),  damaged the pool filter equipment and more, eventually threw them out. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

In the case of the 'zoo' apartment, whether the place was a mess or not the landlord had no right to enter the premises without getting permission from the renter, as the rent was still being paid.

It was more likely that with the tenant being absent the landlord saw an advantage to illegally snoop around the property.

Edited by secondfusilier
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, apex2000 said:

Never lend anything to anyone (especially money). Never rent any property to anyone either.

What about never come out of your cave?

There are occasions where your advice is sound, and others where it is not. It's like saying the air is polluted, better to not breathe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

If the foul stench of animal feces is burning the eyes, a landlord has more than a right, they have a responsibility....

I can agree with that but his reason for entering the property had nothing to do with the smell.

The news article actually states ' The renter had actually been paying the rent but the owner suspected something was up as he was not actually living there.'  

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Agree, I had several farang families (all farang) and farang/thai couples rent my luxury house in Jomtien.

Only one couple farang / Thai were clean and sincere people. All the others were total pigs and did a lot of damage.

Worst was a UK husband and wife, dirty and tried every trick in the book to cut the rent, always late with the rent, most times deliberately cut the rent for no valid reason (we haven't used the pool this month so we deducted 10% off the rent, etc),  damaged the pool filter equipment and more, eventually threw them out. 

Pattaya sort of attracts a certain type of person. I would proably expect as much.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, brucec64 said:

So you're saying no loans and no rents? So the only way to actually live anywhere is to buy a property with cash? Are you from the Middle Ages?

Not really. It's what I and most falangs I know did.

Renting anything requires you to go into it with your eyes wide open as the renter from hell is easy to get. If I was going to rent a property to someone it would be strictly professionals only. Best tenants would be like Japanese expat workers from the local Cannon factory or something like that...otherwise no way Jose. 

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Someone should track down the ladyboy and get her side of the story. Great vblog material. Dan C, if you're not too busy? This has Pulitzer written all over it. :biggrin:

Leave dan in a long sleep please.

• Thanks 1

I can agree with that but his reason for entering the property had nothing to do with the smell.
The news article actually states ' The renter had actually been paying the rent but the owner suspected something was up as he was not actually living there.'  
Could have been a meth lab,growing pot...torture chamber !!
I would have checked it out if it was my property.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I think you can borrow and rent, just not lend out money (and expect it back), or rent out property (and expect honest renters).

If its a Thai friend or relative. yes lend them money

but only a very small amount, 

Then right it off straight away and they will never come back for more, or if they do.  Job sorted. :thumbsup:  :giggle:

Edited by stanleycoin