Option instead of leaving the country

I now plan to stay more than 30 days , I was going home earlier but decided I want to stay another week, which would make it 37 days,

I didnt get a visa before arriving and as Australian passport holder i know i was required to get one for stays of 30 days or more.

What are my options.? , i really dont feel like doing a visa run out of the country to extend it anither 30 days? 

Can a visa agent help me with this? Or can i go to the Australian embassy?

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If you are not staying in a hotel, make sure a TM-30 report is done before going for the extension.

And, if he is staying at a hotel, he would, I think, be strongly advised to check with them explicitly whether they have already notified Immigration of his stay there, before going for the extension..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, changside said:

I don't know much about this but would it be simpler to pay the overstay fine when leaving the country?

Risk being stopped at a roadblock. Then jailed, deported and banned 5 years?

Oh and you will never get into some countries  with a Thailand  overstay stamp in your passport (India, Japan, etc.)

Bad advice.

Edited by ChiangMaiLightning2143
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Risk being stopped at a roadblock. Then jailed, deported and banned 5 years?

Oh and you will never get into some countries  with a Thailand  overstay stamp in your passport (India, Japan, etc.)

Bad advice.

I don't think you get banned for five years for just a short overstay, but it could be a year. Go to immigration and deal with the situation NOW.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

I don't think you get banned for five years for just a short overstay, but it could be a year. Go to immigration and deal with the situation NOW.

Caught out by cops on overstay even 1 day  = FORBIDDEN 5 YEARS

https://tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 4.01.51 PM.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dean2926 said:

Forget the overstay, it could cause problems further down the track.

Go to Jomtien immigration and get  extra 30 days for 1,900 baht.

A few years back I got a 7 day extension using Key Visa I think.  It was just easy to let them go do it. I am told immigration is a bit picky these days and really expects to see the applicant in person.  Seems to me a properly authorized agent with notary or whatever Thailand uses could do it.  I defer to the experts

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

A few years back I got a 7 day extension using Key Visa I think.  It was just easy to let them go do it. I am told immigration is a bit picky these days and really expects to see the applicant in person.  Seems to me a properly authorized agent with notary or whatever Thailand uses could do it.  I defer to the experts

I'm sorry but using an agent for 7 days seems silly. Fill in one piece of paper, attach a photo, pay 1900 baht equals 30 day extension. You probably paid three times that for 15 minutes work.

4 hours ago, Jingjock said:

Go to your nearest immigration, buy another week, 1900 baht

If he has a visa exempt entry he can get a 30 day extension at an immigrations office.

7 days (to leave the country) is only given to someone who applies for an extension and it is denied.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

If you were given a 7 day extension that would mean the application for an extension was denied and you were given 7 days to leave the country.

As others have said, using an agent for most things, but especially for an extension for which you qualify, is a waste of money and unlikely to save you any time.

Edited by Suradit69

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

If you were given a 7 day extension that would mean the application for an extension was denied and you were given 7 days to leave the country.

As others have said, using an agent for most things, but especially for an extension for which you qualify, is a waste of money and unlikely to save you any time.

no i wasn't denied.  As i said it was several years ago and at the time only the 7 day option was available, like 2008 I think I did this.  I just needed a short extension to line up with my flight changes.  I was just giving an example of how easy it was to have the visa company do it.  If one has time and wants to go to Jomtien, yes of course go there in person and do the paperwork for the 30 day.  I was not recommending doing a 7 day, but obviously people read in what they want

Edited by gk10002000
add

20 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

no i wasn't denied.  As i said it was several years ago and at the time only the 7 day option was available, like 2008 I think I did this.  I just needed a short extension to line up with my flight changes.  I was just giving an example of how easy it was to have the visa company do it.  If one has time and wants to go to Jomtien, yes of course go there in person and do the paperwork for the 30 day.  I was not recommending doing a 7 day, but obviously people read in what they want

A 30 day extension, with a simple form and one passport photo has been available for a long time. Far longer than 2008.

Someone told you bs info.

What you've demonstrated is how easy it is for visa companies to rip farangs off.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

A 30 day extension, with a simple form and one passport photo has been available for a long time. Far longer than 2008.

What you've demonstrated is how easy it is for visa companies to rip farangs off.

i was not ripped off.  I only wanted and only asked for 7 days. They gave me exactly what I asked and paid for.  If 30 days was available, I wasn't aware of it and I don't feel it was their duty to provide any more information or options.  The price was fair and the service was fast and easy.  I would not generalize that to try and demonstrate how visa companies easily rip farangs off.   And I don't think 30 day option was available far longer than that. My first trip was in 2004.  My memory may be a bit off and I may have done the extension in 2006, but that is not far longer than had I done it in 2008.  It is a moot point.  My only point was that simple extensions using an agent can be simple and effective.  Spending a few hundred baht to not have to take a moto taxi or baht buses to Jomtien then get in line has appeal to many people that had other plans for their day.  And the agents often can sort out any issues at the last moment if there are any, since many of them do this routinely and know the process or people.  Have there been examples of bad agents? Of course, just as there are with any service, there are some good and bad.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

at the time only the 7 day option was availaAble, like 2008

The standard 30 day extension was available long before 2008.  I came  here 3 or 4 times a year from around 1997 until I retired here full time in 2007. 

Whether or not you needed 7 days or 15 days or 30 days, if you get an extension of your permission to stay, it's for 30 days. If they give you 7 days, your application was denied and you are given 7 days to leave the country.

The agent wouldn't have applied for a 7 day extension because there is no application for a 7 day extension.  He either screwed up the application for a 30 day extension or just got someone to give you 7 days to leave without ever properly applying for an extension.

20 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

They gave me exactly what I asked and paid for. 

What you ask for and what is available are not necessarily the same thing. Do you suppose if you asked for an 8 day extension or a 13 day extension, that's what you'd get??

Edited by Suradit69

Ok I am the OP so just clarifying, 

I need to go to the jomtien immigration on soi 5?

i need a passport size picture,where can i get that from in jomtien,anyone know?

and i need to fill out a TMP form? What about this hotel im staying at,do they need to give me anything to say im staying here ?

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

And, if he is staying at a hotel, he would, I think, be strongly advised to check with them explicitly whether they have already notified Immigration of his stay there, before going for the extension..

I just changed hotels today, do i need to get any forms from them?

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

i need a passport size picture,where can i get that from in jomtien,anyone know?

and i need to fill out a TMP form? What about this hotel im staying at,do they need to give me anything to say im staying here ?

Regarding the photo ... there is an office on the left hand side of the car park as you enter  Jomtien immigration. They will take your photo and even fill in the forms for you.

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Oh my are you helpless?

Any photo shop with signs saying "passport photos" will probably do a passport photo.

You don't need anything from your hotel.

22 hours ago, changside said:

I don't know much about this but would it be simpler to pay the overstay fine when leaving the country?

NO! That means you are illegal! And could get in real trouble with police. Sort it out at your local IO a week in advance. 

10 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

The 30 day extension for a 60 day tourist visa as been available for many years.

For a visa exempt entry it has only been possible since August of 2014. Before then you would get 7 days to leave the country after the extension application is denied.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I just changed hotels today, do i need to get any forms from them?

Just confirm with them that they have reported your stay to Immigration, and take along with you evidence of your booking with them when you apply for the extension of stay.