Phuket named second best beach in the world

webfact

It's funny how everyone is applying their own definition of what constitutes the "best" beach. It seems to be connected to how pristine and natural the beach is. That's not the definition by which US News ranked the beaches:

What makes a great beach all depends on the traveler. Some prefer wide, open beaches with throngs of things to do and people to watch, while others prefer deserted shorelines with calm waters. U.S. News took this and factors, such as unique scenery, beach quality and overall accessibility, into consideration to determine the world's best beaches. Want to put in your two cents? Cast your vote below for next year's ranking.

Also, I agree that this is mainly a marketing ploy and calling it "fake news" is just silly. 

3 hours ago, wendyfromoz said:

beaches along the west Australian coast are far better. pristine and virtually untouched

I am privileged to live just a short walk to one, beautiful. Need some development though and I don't mean just houses.

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

I am privileged to live just a short walk to one, beautiful. Need some development though and I don't mean just houses.

WA is one of the remotest places on the planet. The East Coast has more than 1 big city. Sharks in WA that eat people, not in Phuket or the East Coast of Australia. Shall I carry on.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xaos said:
2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Looks like Pattaya Beach 

Edit ... Naw. Pattaya does not have a life guard hut.

You ever saw that many ppl any beach in TH? Cuz i don't

That's because Thailand is mostly Thais and they are worried about going black.....haven't you noticed in the pharmacy how many whitening products there are. The superstars in BKK are white than white people. White is high class, black is farmers. 

• Like 1

Would someone please tell her this in no achievement , the beaches used to be "natural wonders"

Total lack of taking any care of them have turned them into cesspits  even now with all the money Phuket puts into the state coffers no real plans even to stop sewerage & fat  being allowed to spill into the sea..Myanmar beaches on their west coast will be the next paradise beaches 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

WA is one of the remotest places on the planet. The East Coast has more than 1 big city. Sharks in WA that eat people, not in Phuket or the East Coast of Australia. Shall I carry on.....

Carry on as much as you like, still wont find better beaches on the east coast., the Barrier reefs disappearing, Ningaloo's growing....

beach.png

Edited by beechbum

“Phuket, a little piece of paradise” – US News & World Report

By The Thaiger

guides_for_phuket_trip_1.jpg

PHOTO: thailandtravel.agency

Whilst the annual south-west monsoon continues to kick up dangerous surf along its west coast, the southern island of Thailand has picked up another award.

The island has been named the ‘Second Best Beach in the World’ by business publication US News & World Report. Phuket beat Maui, Kauai and Costa Rica in the world standings, according to the report.

The magazine says that Phuket continues to win accolades from major international media for its white sands, aquamarine waters and limestone cliffs that attract millions of travellers every year. This island was hailed as “a little piece of paradise”.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/travel/phuket-a-little-piece-of-paradise-us-news-world-report

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-08-12

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

“Phuket, a little piece of paradise” – US News & World Report

By The Thaiger

guides_for_phuket_trip_1.jpg

PHOTO: thailandtravel.agency

Whilst the annual south-west monsoon continues to kick up dangerous surf along its west coast, the southern island of Thailand has picked up another award.

The island has been named the ‘Second Best Beach in the World’ by business publication US News & World Report. Phuket beat Maui, Kauai and Costa Rica in the world standings, according to the report.

The magazine says that Phuket continues to win accolades from major international media for its white sands, aquamarine waters and limestone cliffs that attract millions of travellers every year. This island was hailed as “a little piece of paradise”.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/travel/phuket-a-little-piece-of-paradise-us-news-world-report

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-08-12

Can somebody tell me which Phuket beach features in the picture?

On 8/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, LivinginKata said:

And which Phuket beach got this award ? Have any of these so called 'judges' sampled the turds off Patong beach. Fake Review. 

It was quite clear they didn't get the award. They were SECOND BEST. There was no mention of the winner.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:14 AM, AdamTheFarang said:

Waikiki blows doors on any phuket beack.

Waikiki beach was also man made by importing sand from elsewhere.  Last year, my neighbour made a beach for the neighbourhood kids to play in and he is the lifeguard when they are playing, even has a water section.  It was a lot cheaper than the one in Waikiki and Phuket to produce and it is wonderful to behold and no danger of anybody drowning or being endangered by pollution.  It is renowned and known by locals as the world's Number 1 safe beach.  It is a SANDBOX in his backyard. The actual water section is his homemade outdoor swimming pool.  'nuf sed.

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2018 at 1:28 PM, tropo said:

4 of the top 6 were in Hawaii. This was obviously a sly way of promoting Hawaii. They had Bali on the list (I've never seen a nice beach there) and not a single entry from Australia. This list is nonsense.

I'd guess that Australia 'is' the best beach (according to their criteria): the longest, least spoilt, and least crowded. Only negative point are the occasional saltwater crocs and sharks. ?

On 8/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, LivinginKata said:

And which Phuket beach got this award ? Have any of these so called 'judges' sampled the turds off Patong beach. Fake Review. 

Probably the fake judges were shown pristine beaches in other countries and told them it was Thailand.