Incoming Wire Tfr rejected. Any changes?

Had an incoming wire transfer rejected from Canada to TMB. This has been working for well over a year without a problem. Recipient details have not changed.

I spent time today trying to get further information on why it failed but as others have discovered, talking to Thai banks re SWIFT transfer failures is next to useless.

Is anyone aware of any changes on this front. Strange it would work for so long then suddenly fall over.

It's not my acct - 3rd party paying into a Thai business acct at TMB. Has worked for at least 1.5 years no issue. Counterpart said "Bank on your end closed its Canadian account". I've spoken to Bangkok Bank, Kassikorn and TMB today and no one has any idea what this means.

Can anyone confirm - there seems to be some mis-information running around that Bangkok Bank act as a clearing bank over here for incoming wires. True or not?  I don't believe this to be true based on todays conversations.

18 hours ago, 50BahtLeo said:

It's not my acct - 3rd party paying into a Thai business acct at TMB. Has worked for at least 1.5 years no issue. Counterpart said "Bank on your end closed its Canadian account". I've spoken to Bangkok Bank, Kassikorn and TMB today and no one has any idea what this means.

Can anyone confirm - there seems to be some mis-information running around that Bangkok Bank act as a clearing bank over here for incoming wires. True or not?  I don't believe this to be true based on todays conversations.

As someone said the person who sent the transfer needs to find out from the Canadian Bank how it was routed and where it failed.

It may well be they use an intermediary/correspondent bank which is different to before and some reason why it could not be processed. If it did not actually hit TMB then they will not have any way to find out.

19 hours ago, 50BahtLeo said:

Why are you talking to Bangkok and Kasikorn Banks if the transfer was sent to an account at TMB?   The Sender which I'm guessing is the one you refer to as "counterpart" needs to provide more specific info.   

Or you need to have TMB take a look to see if they actually rec'd and then rejected the transfer....but you also said it's not your account so you have to have the account owner ask.

Doesn't look like I'll get to the bottom of this as I need the sender's help which due to time constraints is unlikely at this stage. Was looking to try and wire the funds to K-bank but don't want to risk further fail fees without knowing the cause of the original tfr not completing.

Will look to OFX to get the payment through.

I suspect the issue is with an intermediary between the sender in Canada and TMB. Would need to see routing report to confirm.