U.S. imposes sanctions on Russia for nerve agent attack in UK

webfact

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

I posted  AND QUOTED exactly the title of the article, the link and one phrase translated quoted in the article.  

Sorry if you expected something else

Ok that's fair enough. It was the heading of the article that was false.

Note to self: beware of false articles from 'Rawstory'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, khunken said:

Ok that's fair enough. It was the heading of the article that was false.

Note to self: beware of false articles from 'Rawstory'.

If Russian state media reports these ideas, in a country where press is not free, shouldn't we take those ideas seriously? Shouldn't we take those ideas as approved by Putin regime?

In Russia, where opposition leaders are often killed, I'm rather sure the state run medias are not allowed to push their own agendas forward, unless those are approved by Kremlin. 

This is also how not free media works against Russian state.

Killing the opposition views might work well in oppressed country, but it does not work particularly well in the open world. 

There would, however, be exemptions for space flight activities, government space cooperation, and areas covering commercial passenger aviation safety, which would be reviewed on a case by case basis, the official added.

That’s funny, considering Russia builds the engine to power NASA rockets and space ships.

What would US do when Russia retaliates and stops providing engines ???

56 minutes ago, khunken said:

0In case you are inferring that I'm Russian (like the 'Russian troll' that you accused another poster of ), I'm not - just an EU citizen not prepared to take all the BS about Russian this & Russian that.

Let's skip all the other propaganda, which did not really resonate too well, to be honest. 

The other poster was a clear case of Forum sleeper (Russian bought) account, which was not fed enough posts over the years. I hope you don't think me saying that out loud, would deterrent me to continue saying who are who in this forum.

Funny how you thought that I would think that you are Russian. After all those times, you said I'm paranoid. I never said anything like that, but you were apparently thinking about that you must be acting like a Russian. Why?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

That’s funny, considering Russia builds the engine to power NASA rockets and space ships.

What would US do when Russia retaliates and stops providing engines ???

Currently Russia does not only provide the engines, but it acts as the sole provider as the access to the ISS. Russian rockets and rocket engines rely on 70's technology, when Soviet Union was mighty power. 

Russia has not been able to even catch up the technology Soviet Union had 50 years ago. 

Currently both European Space Agency ESA, and multiple USA based private space companies have advanced further than Soviet Union space program did. 

While it's important to use the reliable Soviet era rockets for politics between Russia and NASA, it's not going to be a need to use those for scientific purposes anymore. That's also when we are going to see a larger rupture between these two previously mighty countries. Few years. 

5 hours ago, oilinki said:

Currently Russia does not only provide the engines, but it acts as the sole provider as the access to the ISS. Russian rockets and rocket engines rely on 70's technology, when Soviet Union was mighty power. 

Russia has not been able to even catch up the technology Soviet Union had 50 years ago. 

Currently both European Space Agency ESA, and multiple USA based private space companies have advanced further than Soviet Union space program did. 

While it's important to use the reliable Soviet era rockets for politics between Russia and NASA, it's not going to be a need to use those for scientific purposes anymore. That's also when we are going to see a larger rupture between these two previously mighty countries. Few years. 

Yeah you right, RD-180 is really European just disguised as Russian ???

13 hours ago, oilinki said:

Let's skip all the other propaganda, which did not really resonate too well, to be honest. 

The other poster was a clear case of Forum sleeper (Russian bought) account, which was not fed enough posts over the years. I hope you don't think me saying that out loud, would deterrent me to continue saying who are who in this forum.

Funny how you thought that I would think that you are Russian. After all those times, you said I'm paranoid. I never said anything like that, but you were apparently thinking about that you must be acting like a Russian. Why?

Once again you are full of accusations without proof. And no, I won't skp the other FACTS just because they are too embarassing to you. There is a huge difference between an unproven accusation of killing one or two individuals and proven mass slaughter of hundreds, thousands & hundreds of thousands of people for political & economic ends.

So the other poster is a 'Russian forum sleeper'. Prove it or it is just more BS.

Your incomprehensible post had inferrences that very much looked like you were accusing me of being Russian. 'Acting like a Russian'? Sounds like paranois to me.

It's a pity that you don't seem to possess an open mind, with all the Russian accusations and inferences. To repeat - paranoia in every word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunken said:

Once again you are full of accusations without proof. And no, I won't skp the other FACTS just because they are too embarassing to you. There is a huge difference between an unproven accusation of killing one or two individuals and proven mass slaughter of hundreds, thousands & hundreds of thousands of people for political & economic ends.

So the other poster is a 'Russian forum sleeper'. Prove it or it is just more BS.

Your incomprehensible post had inferrences that very much looked like you were accusing me of being Russian. 'Acting like a Russian'? Sounds like paranois to me.

It's a pity that you don't seem to possess an open mind, with all the Russian accusations and inferences. To repeat - paranoia in every word.

I think we all have already seen all the facts there is to be seen to make our minds ?

The real question are why doesn't Russia allow free press to be shown to their subjects? Why doesn't Russia's Tsar Putin allow people with different kind of ideas to rule the country in the way it would benefit the ordinary well behaving Russian people?

Why Putin has to be in constant fight against his own subjects?

On 8/10/2018 at 11:14 PM, khunken said:

Only those with a paranoia against Russia would take everything on the Russian media as state supported or approved. No doubt the Russian media is controlled - as is the case in many countries - but it is farfetched to take a talk show conversation as state instigated.

Killing opponents goes on every day in the world - currently in Yemen, Syria, Palestine, Afghanistan and Mali. Not long ago it happened in Iraq & Libya. These are proven, not like the case in England which is not.

Russia has a particular way of controlling the press - killing reporters.

Happens all the time in the US, EU - not!

Away with you and your false equivalence between Russian and Western news/media.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Russia has a particular way of controlling the press - killing reporters.

Happens all the time in the US, EU - not!

Away with you and your false equivalence between Russian and Western news/media.

I have not made any 'false equivalence' between the Russian media & western media - that was another poster.

Nor did I mention killing reporters. I did mention, however, that killing civilians and opponents in various foreign countries is very much a feature of western countries. I also did mention that some western countries don't care about proof when it comes to finger-pointing at others and that's the subject of the Op.

On 8/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, khunken said:

I have not made any 'false equivalence' between the Russian media & western media - that was another poster.

Nor did I mention killing reporters. I did mention, however, that killing civilians and opponents in various foreign countries is very much a feature of western countries. I also did mention that some western countries don't care about proof when it comes to finger-pointing at others and that's the subject of the Op.

What you said is that "...Russian media is controlled - as is the case in many countries...". Since we're discussing this in the context of the West's reaction, do tell - in which Western countries is the media controlled to the same degree? The implied equivalency suggested is nonsense, at best. 

The other bit about it being "farfetched" to assume this or that instance appearing on Russian media is "instigated" is not supported by anything much. That's just your opinion, and it's not a particularly solid one.