American who threw body of 7 month old son into New York river is arrested in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice thing about Thailand in these sorts of cases is that they don't have to bother with extradition.  When the US asks in these sorts of horrendous cases, Thailand typically quickly responds by deporting the American.  It makes sense.  Why would they want someone like that here?

And, of course, when terrorists are involved (even if non-US),  the Thai authorities simply stand back and let the US exercise extraordinary rendition.  Remember the Bai bomber case?  There have been several other, less reported cases involving militant Jihadists, over the years that were simply plucked from Thailand.   

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

Thailand, the preferred destination for all sorts of criminals.

Are you living in Thailand?

If yes, what type of crime are you involved in?

If no, from where dd you get your statistics, and whats the % of criminals in your domiciled country?

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Again the fault of Thailand!

What scum floats around!

Fault of Thailand ?, he commited the crime in New York,

but like many other miscreants was drawn to Thailand.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Yann55 said:

If the guy was Thai, I can't begin to imagine the general tone of comments on this Forum about Thais in general and Thai men in particular...

So what have we here ? 'Americanness' ? 'Manchild American' ? 'Typically irresponsible American man' ? 'American beast' ?

Yep.  All of the above.

31 minutes ago, Horace said:

Nice thing about Thailand in these sorts of cases is that they don't have to bother with extradition.  When the US asks in these sorts of horrendous cases, Thailand typically quickly responds by deporting the American.  It makes sense.  Why would they want someone like that here?

And, of course, when terrorists are involved (even if non-US),  the Thai authorities simply stand back and let the US exercise extraordinary rendition.  Remember the Bai bomber case?  There have been several other, less reported cases involving militant Jihadists, over the years that were simply plucked from Thailand.   

You are dead right, and that is one of best things about Thailand - they have no legal avenue for any appeal or complaint.

Thailand controls its own borders and Thailand alone decides who gets to stay. 

Remember when those Muslims in a boat demanded  to be accepted and granted asylum and claiming their boat was about to sink?

Thailand sent some engineers out to fix the boat, and then responded with the treat of sinking them if they didnt leave once the boat was assessed as seaworthy.

(pointing out that a Muslim country called Malaysia was not that far away)  

Funny how there have not been many other attempts to get to Thailand by what we call in Australia 'boat people' (and illegal economic migrants).

There are more and more countries starting to realise that this is a good thing - especially some in Europe.

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Why is thailand a magnet for foreign criminals? 

Is it all based on reputation? Word of mouth?

almost all these criminals are coming to thailand for the first time to escape dubious past deeds?  Talk about image....

I would say they all think Thailand is still very backward, no computers, no cctv, in other words they cannot track me. Most of these people are clueless about Thailand or for that matter the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, ravip said:

An American man who police say threw the body of his dead baby into a river in New York has been detained after fleeing to Thailand.

James Currie, 37, was held by police after arriving in Bangkok on Wednesday.

Officers at the NYPD say Currie carried the corpse of his 7 month old baby in a backpack around New York before throwing the boy’s body into the East River close to the Brooklyn Bridge.

No crime committed?

Really, what does the word 'crime' mean?

Could not find a proper dictionary and Google seems a bit ignorant on this!

Don't judge so fast.

There is no proof that he caused the death of the baby. (I don't deny the suspicion is there and has to be examined) .

The reminder of his actions was wrong bur might be just panic or whatever - but not a severe crime.

If it can be proven that he killed the baby appropriate punishment should (and will) follow

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Whilst he does seem to have committed some sort of crime, it seems very premature to accuse this man of being "scum" or indeed anything else. There could have been some sort of accident and he could have panicked. People do that.

Plenty of time to criticise him later when the facts are known and he has been tried.

Sorry that just doesn't cut it..  while I'm all in favour of finding the truth and giving people the benefit of doubt until proven innocent or guilty

but...

yes people panic sometimes in the event of an accident, but if it's beyond your capability to help you call a neighbour, call the emergency services, take the baby to the doctor/clinic/hospital yourself.. do anything

you do not wait unitl Monday then put a baby in a backpack and dispose of the body in a river then flee the country..

that flight was pre-booked and the death was a pre-meditated action of a man in a custody battle...

save your sympathy for someone that deserves it !!

42 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Thailand sent some engineers out to fix the boat, and then responded with the treat of sinking them if they didnt leave once the boat was assessed as seaworthy.

that's greatly reassuring, thais declaring a boat seaworthy.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Whilst he does seem to have committed some sort of crime, it seems very premature to accuse this man of being "scum" or indeed anything else. There could have been some sort of accident and he could have panicked. People do that.

Plenty of time to criticise him later when the facts are known and he has been tried.

?I guess the child could have died suddenly of natural causes, and then the man panicked?

RUBBISH! A father of 37 years of age in the NYC area who encounters an sick child immediately rushes him to a hospital emergency ward entrance, or calls 911 and a team of paramedics come with sirens blazing in minutes. No matter what he does not flee to Thailand! I'm no longer surprised by the number of posters who voice support for peados on this site but a baby killer ? A new low for TVF forum wish I had not read this thread.

3 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:
3 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

Now, that is a quality tourist . i don't why after committing a crime back home every one thinks to run to Thailand . Happy to know the Thais are evolving to start tracking criminals 

Most likely tipped off by the US police.

Well done NYPD and the Thai Police for capturing this vile pos as soon as he landed in a Thailand. Hopefully he gets swift justice back in the US for this horrendous crime. 

RIP little one, you where taken far too soon. 

37 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

Most likely tipped off by the US police.

Of course. As usual everything has to be tipped off by the US, or else the world will stop turning.

God Bless the USA for keeping us all alive and healthy!

4 minutes ago, ravip said:

Of course. As usual everything has to be tipped off by the US, or else the world will stop turning.

God Bless the USA for keeping us all alive and healthy!

As the guy was a USA citizen and he commited a crime in the USA and the USA Police were searching for him, its highly likely that the USA authorities contacted the Thai authotities 

5 hours ago, Yann55 said:

If the guy was Thai, I can't begin to imagine the general tone of comments on this Forum about Thais in general and Thai men in particular...

So what have we here ? 'Americanness' ? 'Manchild American' ? 'Typically irresponsible American man' ? 'American beast' ?

I am at least assuaged to see an American accused of such a heinous crime. It's usually some Eurp.

"Whilst", doth sound like a bleeding heart Brit. Child was alive when given to his custody, child is not only dead but grossly discarded by being thrown in a filthy New York river. He then flees to Thailand? Good work Police. Send him back in IRONS and set bail at $2,000,000. Conduct a speedy (fair) trial and sentence (if found guilty of murder of a child in his custody) him to Life in Prison without parole. Pope (bless his stupid soul) declares all human life is sacred. This man should be declared non-human and executed by being dropped from same bridge. Turn about is fair play.

7 hours ago, Yann55 said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing..... If that was the case my comment would be on page 25 by now. 

While this is a sad story and only made the news here because he is a US citizen and was caught in Thailand don't think this sort of thing ( child abuse/murder) is uncommon...... We just don't hear about it. 

12 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing..... If that was the case my comment would be on page 25 by now. 

While this is a sad story and only made the news here because he is a US citizen and was caught in Thailand don't think this sort of thing ( child abuse/murder) is uncommon...... We just don't hear about it. 

Unfortunately you are correct, it’s not uncommon, similar incidents happened in the US only a few days ago. 

What a sick world we live in. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/08/03/child-screamed-mother-tossed-her-into-florida-river-tampa-police-say/901844002/

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

No offence... but allow me to disagree completely with you, any human who gets rid of a 7-month-old child body by throwing him into a river like garbage is a scum, regardless of what preceded and whatever his legitimate panic or not.

This report really saddens me. 

Poor child. What's is wrong with humans? This is so wrong!

There may be a very good reason for what happened, but the signs tend to point in the direction of a shameless, heartless, pathetic creature, namely the father. 

I'm lost for words to express my disgust plus anxiety.

RIP. Poor child.

Archived