Excessive sweating from left armpit even in air con rooms

punchandjudy

About a month and a half ago, I started sweating excessively from my left armpit.

This has continued every day since then, and I mean serious sweating with sweat dripping down my left arm.

I am in Bangkok but I do not believe this issue to be temperature related as even sitting in an air conditioned room all day I have this problem, and I have been in Bangkok for ages.

I have Google searched the problem and tried everything from trimming armpit hairs to eating bananas more often to ensure I am getting enough magnesium.

What puzzles me is why my right armpit and the rest of my body does not seem to sweat constantly but my left armpit does.

2 questions:

1. In England you can get some heavy duty anti perspirant from Boots, but I have looked here in Thailand and Boots just has the usual ones. Anyone know where I should look? Big C?

2. Anyone have a hunch as to what is causing my left armpit only to sweat constantly even when I am not hot? From Google it appears to be "hyperhidrosis"

2 hours ago, Stevetaylor123 said:

Is it your dominant hand? 

I developed this under my right arm which is my dominant and I can only control it with the industrial strength sprays.  Try and get some perspi guard,  it’s great stuff although can sting and leave a rash but it does work.

Thanks for the reply @Stevetaylor123.

No I am right handed.

Ok I will check out this product, which store sells it?

• Over-the-counter (OTC) antiperspirants: these can be applied to the hands and feet, as well as the armpits. Hyperhidrosis that's controllable by OTC treatment doesn't need a doctor's visit. Antiperspirants can even be used at bedtime.
  • Prescription antiperspirants: Most people with hyperhidrosis will sweat through OTC antiperspirants. A doctor can prescribe a higher-strength, aluminum salt-based antiperspirant. This can be effective for mild cases of excessive sweating.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hyperhidrosis-sweating-when-should-you-see-doctor#1

You should really make sure that your blood pressure, etc is okay, Eat a healthy diet, do some sport and smile more often. 

I'm not a doctor, please take that with a pinch of salt. Get well soon, I can imagine that it's a strange phenomenon. 

• Like 1

Some heavy duty stuff available from Lazada.

Haven't tried myself,  so I can't vouch for them. I use the Thai crystal anti-perspirants and find them quite effective.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/certain-dri-prescription-strength-roll-on-355-ml-i217849-s214283.html?spm=a2o4m.pdp.recommendation_2.4.6a3d3117MJhX6R&mp=1&clickTrackInfo=4f09c091-62ae-41ab-b20b-e7101f46ea79__217849__4176__1&scm=1007.16389.99110.0