UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Twenty years ago it was more difficult to relocate.

Raise it back up and see how many companies flee.

So if you raise corporate taxes, who will end up paying it:
1. The CEO
2. The Stockholders
3. The Workforce
4. The Consumer (i. e. the workforce)
5. The Country (they move)

Absolutely. So it was a bloody stupid reckless dog eat dog idea to start trying to attract business by reducing corporation tax. Tell you what, make it zero as Dyson wants. I don't want your dystopian world thanks.

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Do you actually read what you post, or do you just hope people don’t check and find out? Or do you just do it like your fat orange idol in the US and completely ignore the truth? 

From the article you linked (annotations by me):

D55B4F9D-B53F-41F4-91CB-A89E6801C40C.jpeg

You likes a good game of 'arrers, eh matey!

44 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Are you confusing independent with neutral? The BBC is legally bound to be neutral (but frequently misunderstand that they must quote idiots when they have broadcast a world expert) 

The press are not obliged to be neutral

I find the independent, the economist and the BBC to be good sources. But then I am biased. As is everyone.

Patriot666 is clearly not intelligent enough to present intelligent ideas, at this point. 

After annoyed enough of these accounts, It's time to move the ownership of the account transfers to a more senior member of the Russian community. 

This also means that it simply costs much, for the Russian troll factory to pay their salaries, compared to pay Patriot666 accounts. 

So, why not have a bit of fun with these Russian accounts? After all, it's the Russia who has to pay for all of the fun we are having.

Edited by Guest

Absolutely. So it was a bloody stupid reckless dog eat dog idea to start trying to attract business by reducing corporation tax. Tell you what, make it zero as Dyson wants. I don't want your dystopian world thanks.

Make it 90% and build utopia
  • Like 1

I'm annoyed the heck out of my time, why the patriotic people, like billd766, don't simply say "Well, this whole thing was frucked beyond all repairs, let's make it worth of who we really are". 

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Make it 90% and build utopia

I think,

its right to say that around 30% is found by a bunch of European countries to work out reasonably well,

ok for them and ok for the industry

empirii suggests that

15 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm annoyed the heck out of my time, why the patriotic people, like billd766, don't simply say "Well, this whole thing was frucked beyond all repairs, let's make it worth of who we really are". 

Have YOU ever tried to make your government, Finland in your case, do what you want it to do?

The only control I have over my government is at general election time when I cast my vote. If more people agree with me and vote against the current MP, then my MP can be replaced, if they disagree then the MP stays.

I am only 1 of 82,882 voters in the constituency. That means my vote counts but not that much.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Looks bleak for a Commons vote. I believe no deal will end up being no Brexit. What I first regarded as highly unlikely is becoming possible.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-news-latest-ministers-could-resign-over-betrayal-as-dup-slams-theresa-may-a3985716.html

what a total mess

the UK leadership manages to make of things, amazing really - not promising

easily compares with big joke - prawit and prayuth

32 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Here's a poll which flies in the face of current reported trends. 

Headline reads: Just 9% of voters want fresh referendum on EU membership if MPs reject Brexit deal

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/99713/just-9-voters-want-fresh-referendum-eu-membership-if-mps

it does, indeed

Elswehere, the survey found that 48% of voters believe leaving the EU will have a positive impact on the British economy over the next 10 years.

this one is interesting, at least a positive spirit for having a go with trade outside EU

•  
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Have YOU ever tried to make your government, Finland in your case, do what you want it to do?

The only control I have over my government is at general election time when I cast my vote. If more people agree with me and vote against the current MP, then my MP can be replaced, if they disagree then the MP stays.

I am only 1 of 82,882 voters in the constituency. That means my vote counts but not that much.

If it's ok enough that I had a sit down with our current finance minister, who happened to be my student time friend, then yes. 

If I want to get something to be done, he would be just one resource to go forward. 

16 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

what a total mess

the UK leadership manages to make of things, amazing really - not promising

easily compares with big joke - prawit and prayuth

seems to me that PM and #10 don't do any political footwork,

they just dream up ideas and put them forward without ensuring, through elaborate footwork, that the ideas will fly,

happens over and over

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

it does, indeed

Elswehere, the survey found that 48% of voters believe leaving the EU will have a positive impact on the British economy over the next 10 years.

this one is interesting, at least a positive spirit for having a go with trade outside EU

•  

Brexit is brilliant as can be seen, People outside the cities don’t want a millionaire vote sponsored by non UK donors!

36 minutes ago, Orac said:

Didn’t take many minutes. Boris’s brother Jo has just resigned from govt - calling for a second referendum.

https://medium.com/@JoJohnsonUK/why-i-cannot-support-the-governments-proposed-brexit-deal-3d289f95f2bc

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

this is rather hard to believe and to take seriously, Monty Python couldn't dream this up

just unbelievable - speechless

swallow a camel - kick tory and dup away - give tiller to labour

shocking

that a big country can be run by such people in such a way

this is not good and not promising for the future of UK

Edited by melvinmelvin

16 minutes ago, bomber said:

The UK is a total joke,give me a german or french master any day over our looney MPs and benefit scrounging population.

UK politics is abusive. Their politicians are only for themselves and the UK folks seems to be just fine how abusive their representatives are. 

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Dyson has moved production to Singapore. Please keep up.