UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Ford engines are built here but no cars since 2002 import duties are a 2 way thing if EU slaps 10% import duty on the UK the UK will slap a 10% import duty of the EU 

the EU countries represent 82% of the UK’s motor vehicle import volume, worth €38 billion. ^

The Green Party will be happy

Sorry, I don't understand. So why would it make sense for Ford to continue building engines in the UK to export them to the EU?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Ford engines are built here but no cars since 2002 import duties are a 2 way thing if EU slaps 10% import duty on the UK the UK will slap a 10% import duty of the EU 

the EU countries represent 82% of the UK’s motor vehicle import volume, worth €38 billion. 

The Green Party will be happy

It's not just the Green Party, but all of us who enjoy the clean air, who are pretty happy to switch from pollutive cars towards to electric vehicles. 

Don't get me wrong. I used to support the 'Green Party' few decades ago, until they got all single synapses ideology of hating nuclear power. Perhaps they'll get to their senses once again. Most likely not. 

Whatever happens, I still want to have a clean breathable air and hopefully one day again, being able to drink directly from the rivers. That's a long shot, but I'm a realistic dreamers. 

31 minutes ago, Stupooey said:

Sorry, I don't understand. So why would it make sense for Ford to continue building engines in the UK to export them to the EU?

they produce engines for the worldwide market not just the EU

FORD TO BUILD THOUSANDS OF NEW ENGINES AT ITS DAGENHAM PLANT

The American automotive giant is introducing a new diesel engine to its F-150 truck range which will be built at its Dagenham plant in the UK.

Ford will be launching its new diesel F-150 truck range in the Spring, with dealers across the US taking pre-orders as of mid-January.

http://www.bqlive.co.uk/london-the-south/2018/01/08/news/ford-to-build-thousands-of-new-engines-at-its-dagenham-plant-29828/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How interesting. Please tell us all what cars are manufactured in Finland.

Could it be these, most of which are no longer in production?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmet_Automotive

I like it when you answer your question yourself. ????

(Sometimes I think you are just like me. Starting a 'feels' reply based on educated guess, while doing fact checking in background. Afterwards getting unexpected results, including those results, with grunt, as only the facts matter)

You are quite right Talbot Horizon nor Saab 96 are no longer in production. ????

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Don't give up on an independent Scotland - it is closer than ever. 

I would agree, but will it any cleaner or shorter than Brexit? I doubt it and one will still be left with half the country not wanting it.  Another sxxxfest!

I sincerely hope Scotland does not devolve, but I fully understand the reasons why.  It really is out of sheer despair at Westminster rather than a genuine desire to split from England, Wales, and N.Ireland, and that's not good!

Any Referendum must be won by super majority- surely we can all agree with that after this Brexit fiasco.  In my opinion, there really shouldn't be a referendum for another 25 years or so, however, we do live in strange times.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes,

and Scotland would be back in EU swifty - would suit Grouse

Why would Scotland be back swiftly? I don't see that at all. I would say 10 years minimum, because first the UK has to fully exit the EU, then devolve from the UK, and then go through the application procedure for the EU. Countries like Spain could even block Scotland- most unfair I know.

You have to learn from Brexit...surely?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Why would Scotland be back swiftly? I don't see that at all. I would say 10 years minimum, because first the UK has to fully exit the EU, then devolve from the UK, and then go through the application procedure for the EU. Countries like Spain could even block Scotland- most unfair I know.

England has reached her age of menopause. She is currently experiencing hot flashes, feelings what she could have been, but she wasn't. The wonderful memories of the past, when she was frutail country, everyone wished to be with. Those good old times have passed.

England tends to put the blame to her lovers, primarily to EU but also to also to parts of her extensions, Scotland and Northern Ireland. As an elderly woman, she doesn't anymore care how her Wales looks like anymore. 

Scotland, as England's old lover, might think that as England's grumpiness is reaching it's peak, it's perhaps time to change the company to be with.

Scotland can see a much more virile EU being a much interesting partner than aging England is. 

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

England has reached her age of menopause. She is currently experiencing hot flashes, feelings what she could have been, but she wasn't. The wonderful memories of the past, when she was frutail country, everyone wished to be with. Those good old times have passed.

England tends to put the blame to her lovers, primarily to EU but also to also to parts of her extensions, Scotland and Northern Ireland. As an elderly woman, she doesn't anymore care how her Wales looks like anymore. 

Scotland, as England's old lover, might think that as England's grumpiness is reaching it's peak, it's perhaps time to change the company to be with.

Scotland can see a much more virile EU being a much interesting partner than aging England is. 

What an odd reply!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

It's not just the Green Party, but all of us who enjoy the clean air, who are pretty happy to switch from pollutive cars towards to electric vehicles. 

Don't get me wrong. I used to support the 'Green Party' few decades ago, until they got all single synapses ideology of hating nuclear power. Perhaps they'll get to their senses once again. Most likely not. 

Whatever happens, I still want to have a clean breathable air and hopefully one day again, being able to drink directly from the rivers. That's a long shot, but I'm a realistic dreamers. 

You like clean air, but you live in Thailand. Did I see you the other day marching down soi bhukhoa in your leiderhosen whistling Edelweiss fully backed by the Von Trapp family?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

What an odd reply!

Sometimes the replies are not for nor against your point. Sometimes the replies are just what they are.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

You like clean air, but you live in Thailand. Did I see you the other day marching down soi bhukhoa in your leiderhosen whistling Edelweiss fully backed by the Von Trapp family?

I do like my clean air. That's one of the reasons I live in Southern Thailand. 

The last time I drunk directly from a river was, uh, 30 years ago in Finnish Lapland, where the rivers are still pure and drinable. 

Water tasted wonderful and pure. Have you ever even experienced that?

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

According to WTO rules, if the UK slaps a 10% tariff on autos manufactured in the EU, then it's obliged to do the same for all autos except those from nations or trade blocs with which it has a trade agreement or treaty.

Sounds like not much of a problem then. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I do like my clean air. That's one of the reasons I live in Southern Thailand. 

The last time I drunk directly from a river was, uh, 30 years ago in Finnish Lapland, where the rivers are still pure and drinable. 

Water tasted wonderful and pure. Have you ever even experienced that?

Yes. Many times.

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes. Many times.

Did you say yes for supporting clean air and clear river water?

Or did you say yes that you have been drinking from clear river water directly from the river many times? IF so, Where did you drink directly from a river and when? Many times.

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You seem to be quite an expert on menopause.

Are you a child who has no understanding of menopause and the hormone cycle of people?

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

Did you say yes for supporting clean air and clear river water?

Or did you say yes that you have been drinking from clear river water directly from the river many times? IF so, Where did you drink directly from a river and when? Many times.

Yes for both. I can't remember the names of the rivers, mostly tributaries in N. India (no Bombay belly at all) and New Zealand. And melting ice and streams from that in Norway, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

well Scotland is keen on the EU

if Scotland jumped UK I reckon she could make it back in EU fairly quickly

yes Spain could block that, I dont think Spain has the guts for that against the wish of the heavyweights in EU

(would mean hard land/sea border around Scotland - Schengen border)

• Like 1

UK famers have all the needed infrastructure they paid for the past years and thought it would be good for their future. 

What's the worth of farming live stock in UK anyway? Those dirty sheeps, which doesn't fit well to Mogg's money loving spreadsheets.

I really can not understand why real British patriots still support Brexit. Brexit is supporting the rich, not the people who build the Great Britain. 

3 hours ago, oilinki said:

UK famers have all the needed infrastructure they paid for the past years and thought it would be good for their future. 

What's the worth of farming live stock in UK anyway? Those dirty sheeps, which doesn't fit well to Mogg's money loving spreadsheets.

I really can not understand why real British patriots still support Brexit. Brexit is supporting the rich, not the people who build the Great Britain. 

Yes, quiet an eye opener!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Crick_Institute

Just reading this made me wonder if Brexit is genetic? Is there a gene responsible for a pro-Brexit predisposition? ????

6 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

well Scotland is keen on the EU

if Scotland jumped UK I reckon she could make it back in EU fairly quickly

yes Spain could block that, I dont think Spain has the guts for that against the wish of the heavyweights in EU

(would mean hard land/sea border around Scotland - Schengen border)

You know the incredible mess Brexit has caused.  This is something that will go on for years and decades.  Scottish devolution is a similar situation. To blithely say it would be done swiftly and talk about it in such vague terms shows you have learned nothing from even recent history. 

To even talk about what Scotland wants ignores the fact that about half wouldn't want it, and, as pertinently, large regions within Scotland were staunchly pro-UK to the extent that they were prepared to remain part of the UK and not Scotland.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oilinki said:

Real British e

21 minutes ago, Thaimike370 said:

The major problem with Brexit is remainer Theresa May.  We, the UK. need a new Prime minister.  The Conservative party MPs should remove her immediately and replace her with Jacob Rees Mogg, he is a true Brit who cares for OUR country and it's people.  PM May is doing to the Conservative party what Corbyn is doing to the Labour party, writing it off.  

It's the far right of the Tory party that is causing the problem, and it's that cohort that needs to be hived off so it can form a credible English Nationalist Party.

27 minutes ago, Thaimike370 said:

The major problem with Brexit is remainer Theresa May.  We, the UK. need a new Prime minister.  The Conservative party MPs should remove her immediately and replace her with Jacob Rees Mogg, he is a true Brit who cares for OUR country and it's people.  PM May is doing to the Conservative party what Corbyn is doing to the Labour party, writing it off.  

Corbyn's threat to the Labour Party is fundamentally that of being an extremist, but I guess that small point just simply passed you by. :cheesy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Real British e

It's the far right of the Tory party that is causing the problem, and it's that cohort that needs to be hived off so it can form a credible English Nationalist Party.

You'll never see that. The media and the establishment would put a stop to it immediately.

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Yes, quiet an eye opener!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Crick_Institute

Just reading this made me wonder if Brexit is genetic? Is there a gene responsible for a pro-Brexit predisposition? ????

It's all British. No reason why foreign scientists should not be able to work here in the future.