UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

There you go again being weak and confused, do you think that leavers are bothered about what you want.

Who's confused? Remain is remain, but Brexit is whatever you make it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Wow! A remoaner becoming full of malice and spite. Who's a nasty boy?

I'm not a brit as you know. I can't politically never be a ramoaner as you claim. 

And yes, the difference between Xi and and Putin is that China is creating new and developing new. Russia on it's end, stewarded by Putin, is developing nothing. Russia is a stagnated country without a future. Would you agree?

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

So cute by a country which joined to WWII only after it came to it's borders. So cute to claim to be the heroes of the WWII only after joining the fight when it treated her own borders.

Yes, it's widely known that the history is written by those who win the wars. However the statistics, without political tendencies, do tell the own and real story.

As I have so often said. I do not have any respect for the people who are trying to abuse the heroism by their grandfathers. I do not respect Nigel Farage a single bit. I do respect the people who have done the march themselves. 

I did my own country's military service. I can't claim that I would be much of a help in a battle, should a battle start today. I however can claim that I would do what's right to my country (even if I have said earlier that I'm more for the EU than for my country), than Nigel Farce would do in any harder situation presented in front of me. 

Nigel Farage is just like Cadet Bone Spurs. Coward. 

Dqg4Wd7XgAEATqi.jpg.78e4dddd38a5035e65a11b71345bb120.jpg

What British border was affected before the war was declared? Britain entered declared directly after Poland was invaded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What British border was affected before the war was declared? Britain entered declared directly after Poland was invaded.

None. 

Britain got involved in the war, which was fought by our grandparents, only because the war threatened British interests. Let's be honest of the history, shall we?

None of us has nothing to do with the war. None of us can claim be heroes of the war, on either side. For everyone of us the WWII is simply history we read from books and possibly have heard stories of.

When a person, who have had nothing to do with a WWII combats is trying to push his ego, using the fame of the past generation people, it's something I really don't like. 

Be authentic yourself. Don't try to rip off your grandparents graves. 

As I see, we are heading more and more closer to yet another world war, which in this time will not be happy ending to anyone in this planet, I'm darn pissied about the situation.

I'm pissed to hear folks using their grandparents actions as their own. I'm pissed to hear these low flying clowns to claim they are the heroes of the past, when they themselves have done absolutely nothing. 

On 10/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, Grouse said:

I believe in respecting the law

I believe in MPs doing their DUTY

I believe only a single forecast of a positive economic result and that was from Thatchers economic advisor Minford

I believe a majority of MPs would favour a second referendum

I believe Corbyn is a fifth columnist

I believe you are a Brexiter at best

I believe I'll have another beer

You are fairly correct, and I think even worse of Corby. Minford is one of the best economists out there, as you point out he was Thatchers and she via his advice turned the country around from the basket case it was. The issue with most of contemporary economists and in particular their universities is they all sing the same song EU good, Brexit bad as they all follow the same computer models which get proved wrong time and time again. The only remainer MP who was one of the best chancellors I do listen to and respect is Ken Clark who I think does have an economics degree. MPs have tried to thwart Brexit from day one so I suspect you are correct there is a majority to overturn the referendum result if they dare risk it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aright said:

I concur. I lost 2 uncles during the war and show absolute respect for all those who put their lives on the line many sadly making the ultimate sacrifice. This respect spills over into our recent and current global activities. We ask an awful lot of our young men and women as shown by participants in the recent Invictus Games.

I will be in Pattaya on Remembrance Sunday. Know of any Pubs which will be marking the occasion with respect and lots of stories?  

I plan to go too. Probably The Legion. I'll try and find out this week and let you know.

5 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Your correct China is advancing faster than Russia but Putin is quiet popular at home. China's economy is quiet shaky with both very high official debt and unofficial lending, plus Trumps sanctions are hitting hard so the economy could be close to recession next year if its latest economic trend continues for three quarters.

As to you first point I think other nationallities can be remainers though as there are many non Brits who attended the recent 250,000 march in central London.

Russia has not advanced nor developed itself since 80's. Russia had a time of clarity when it became free from the Soviet Union. Unfortunately she was not able to use that time of freedom as her advantage before Putin his role as tsar of Russia. 

It's rather hilarious to read stories of lost uncles and friends in unnamed wars, like the previous 'alternative right with nauseated patriotic' posters claimed.

Go on. Do you really expect anyone to believe your stories of unnamed wars?

I guess you do. Facts - the real life way to say 'fruck you' to the Ruskie trolls. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Russia has not advanced nor developed itself since 80's. Russia had a time of clarity when it became free from the Soviet Union. Unfortunately she was not able to use that time of freedom as her advantage before Putin his role as tsar of Russia. 

Actually military wise Russia has advanced very well as can be seen by their anti aircraft systems that are state of the art. The issue in the 80s was that those who understood capitalism in the old USSR made vast sums from those that didn't. Additionally, they were so far behind in the 80s it is hard to catch up. I would suggest there was no clarity only confusion for most.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Actually military wise Russia has advanced very well as can be seen by their anti aircraft systems that are state of the art. The issue in the 80s was that those who understood capitalism in the old USSR made vast sums from those that didn't. Additionally, they were so far behind in the 80s it is hard to catch up. I would suggest there was no clarity only confusion for most.

Military is less than 2% of civilised countries budgets. That's the common complain by Trump for NATO partners. NATO partners are not spending enough to buy F-35 fighters and missile systems from USA.

Meanwhile Russia cries out because everyone wishes to be part of the Western union and nobody wishes to be part of Russian federation. We all know why.

Russia has not advanced as a country since 80's. Russia has a good potential if only Russia would gain a lot better president than the old GRU general is doing. 

Currently only thing what Russia is able to do, is to try to mess with the western world. This messing up and faking of being an enemy of the west doesn't work.

As friends, we would do much better. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

We ask too much of our young soldiers, I lost many friends during the troubles many around the border which was a hostile place in the 1970s and 80s. Therefore, I don't think it's helpful of the EU to make the border such an issue as they are, with Varadka threatening bombing again, and stirring up latent hate from republicans he seems to be legitimising violence. Significantly, whilst there are no customs checks at the border there is a lot of customs activity on both sides, as most people who actually have travelled and not sat in their armchairs and never been will testify to. Additionally, there are now differences in taxes, in particular VAT so it seems not as complicated to get an agreement if the EU wanted one.

As to Brexit we all knew what sort of Brexit we voted for it was clearly laid out in the booklet Mr Cameron generously sent us. It said we would be out of the EU agencies, single market, customs union, so how can remainers say we didn't know what we voted for? We were told quiet succinctly by our very own government? I am sure it's not just Brexeteers that can read, remainers can read as well.

Pamphlets and manifestos have no legal standing. Post-referendum implementation is the responsibility of Parliament.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Brexit was suposed to be what was written in the leaflet the government provided. Leaving customs union etc etc what is known as a hard Brexit but what is in effect Brexit. Remain in truth is not remain, not on current terms anyway the rebate will be gone and our contribution will soon hit 18-20 billion. That's without considering the risks with remaining such as the large deficit the EU runs and the elephant in the room Italy and the banks holding sovereign debt.

Remain actually means very large uncontrollable risks where leave means controlling better our destiny?

The elephant in the room is Hard Brexiteers thinking they own the process.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

State of the art as in shooting airliners out of the sky.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:56 AM, rixalex said:

Maybe you can answer why you think another vote won't undermine our negotiators? I haven't had any remainer able to address that so far with anything more than a, "yes but I don't care"

Parliament has already decided that any deal reached will have to be ratified. No reason at all why this can not be done by means of another referendum. Simple.

Of course, whether or not the remain members would allow us to cancel Article 50 and carry on as if nothing had happened is doubtful! I can see them welcoming us back provided we adopted the Euro and fully joined Schengen at least.

Maybe you can answer my question; what is it about another referendum which scares Brexiteers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

You are fairly correct, and I think even worse of Corby. Minford is one of the best economists out there, as you point out he was Thatchers and she via his advice turned the country around from the basket case it was. The issue with most of contemporary economists and in particular their universities is they all sing the same song EU good, Brexit bad as they all follow the same computer models which get proved wrong time and time again. The only remainer MP who was one of the best chancellors I do listen to and respect is Ken Clark who I think does have an economics degree. MPs have tried to thwart Brexit from day one so I suspect you are correct there is a majority to overturn the referendum result if they dare risk it.

"...they all follow the same computer models which get proved wrong time and time again."  Amusing nonsense masquerading as insight.

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

State of the art as in shooting airliners out of the sky.

But, but.. the BUK missile, which killed the 200 people in that airplane was stolen or at least used without permission from the Russian government... 

pepe-putin.jpg.6e900f2f8fd640a29f405d1da307745d.jpg

17 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Maybe you can answer my question; what is it about another referendum which scares Brexiteers?

This is the question, which is really interesting. 

46 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The elephant in the room is Hard Brexiteers thinking they own the process.

Hi SW, I know you like to use Piers Morgan as a reference, so here he is doing what Piers does best. Sorry about the weak and confused Kevin McGuire. "Stick it up your Juncker" ????????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Minford was the man who thought the poll tax was a good idea - that destroyed Thatcher, just as Brexit will eventually consume the Conservative party 

Edited by tebee
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

While I think it's cute you being able to speak few words in my language, it doesn't always work. 

I do see the economies as builders and destroyers. Current Russian regime is a destroyer, while the Chinese one is more of an builder. 

Come to think. Has there ever been a period of time when Russia has been a builder of the future?

Perhaps Fabergé eggs were the peak Russia, when Russia was able to create something new. Since then, what is Russia actually doing? Selling oil and natural gas is the obvious answer, but those things are simply selling resources. 

Defeating Hitler?

Building up nuclear weapons to deny the USA world hegemony?

Defeating Napoleon?

and of course Tchaikovsky....

• Like 1