UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

15 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

thank you for the kind offer to subscribe to ft

a heavy burden fell off my shoulders when I received this generous offer

Yes, a bit of a downside, seems a bit of hit and miss with FT.

Restricts info to limited sources.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

I wonder if Nick Clegg and the LibDems are eating their words and choking on them now?

You do surprise me Bill.

I was on a Luftwaffe base during an exercise and couldn't believe the state of the German equipment,looked first world war rather than second.

I would have thought that you of all people would appreciate the need for forces working alongside each other to be equipped and trained to a similar standard.

In WW2 the UK had to ask the USA for assistance, if the USA was the enemy, to whom would the UK turn?

The general consensus in Brussels yesterday was a further 4 years and some suggested as long as 7, unlikely I will see a conclusion but fear for those left behind.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Clegg Idiocy, EU Army is Dangerous Fantasy Lie (April 2014)

Well that explains a lot, if you think that Nigel Farage is to be believed. It was people like him scaremongering on the failings of Theresa May's, as Home Secretary, overall immigration policy that got us into this mess.

From March 2016

Mr Farage also questioned whether human rights law would allow the EU to send migrants back to Turkey, adding: “So the argument is we have paid them a fortune not to reduce numbers and yet we have given in and we have said visa-free access for 75 million Turks from June of this year.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/650972/ukip-nigel-farage-european-union-eu-turkey-migrant-crisis-brexit-grassroots-leave

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nontabury said:

That is why the remoaners are so against democracy.

Unless of course the decision goes in their favour.????

What utter tripe.

You really can not believe in altruism; how sad for you

I'm 64. Nothing really matters to me personally but I do care about my greater family and the country where I was born and still have roots. Democracy only works if there is equality in education and access to information. It clearly would not work in the U.K. Which is why we have representative parliamentary democracy. The fact that you do not understand that after all this time tends to prove my point. Who did you vote for in the last election? CON or LAB? Have they been voting Brexit or Remain. That you had s vote is your democratic right. No more, no less.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Your personal circumstances (and that of your family) are all a matter of public record on here. Why? Because you've told us all. Are you going to now deny that being in the EU has been personally very beneficial? And are we expected to believe your personal benefits play no part in the forming of your opinion on this matter? Pull the other one.

And while you're at it, you might want to wind your neck in a bit too. "Get suspended"?!

Who do you think you are? Leave the moderating to the moderators.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I will indeed leave your ill manners for the moderators.

Historically, 40 years ago and 20 years ago, the UK being a member of the EU was useful to me. Right now it is useful to my sister who has retired to Aragon.

I always planned to retire to Denmark. Such a civilised place.

My stance on Brexit is largely altruistic. I would like others to benefit as I was able to in the past

Kindly cease your ill mannered comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Please tell us why you are superior to the 'large proportion

of the population'.

What precisely do you mean?

Assuming you refer to knowledge and/or education, I have no idea, but that certainly seems to be the way that it is. I assure you this has been quite an eye opener for me. Maybe I was just more diligent at school? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rixalex said:

Your personal circumstances (and that of your family) are all a matter of public record on here. Why? Because you've told us all. Are you going to now deny that being in the EU has been personally very beneficial? And are we expected to believe your personal benefits play no part in the forming of your opinion on this matter? Pull the other one.

And while you're at it, you might want to wind your neck in a bit too. "Get suspended"?!

Who do you think you are? Leave the moderating to the moderators.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nice to see you all snuggling together for comfort and warmth. Bless ????