UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Yes, people really don't realize just how delicate our complex, intertwined society is today. 

And how easily it all turns to manure when you start breaking things ......

you want GB to grow and be great again? manure is required

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Try average 28 THB to GBP, October 1984. An Orwellian forex rate if ever there was one! And we'd been in the EEC for 11 years by then, so anything is possible, innit?

if you get to 25 baht/pound it will be much easier to convert between thb and GBP

or if you manage 50 baht/pound it will also be easy

any level between 25 and 50 should be avoided

• Like 1

What next for Brexit? Four possible outcomes

https://www.ft.com/content/80774838-e8f5-11e8-a34c-663b3f553b35

Britain holds a second referendum

The most likely route to this outcome is that Mrs May’s pact fails to be approved; Labour then calls a motion of no-confidence in the government and it fails to pass; Labour and Conservative MPs then opt for a second referendum believing the other options (no-deal or renegotiation) to be untenable.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Where have i claimed to know which way the country would vote in the event of another referendum? I wouldn't have predicted the 2016 vote. Did you? Seems to me it would be rather foolish to believe one could predict how another would turn out, not that that seems to stop remainers, who seem to already be celebrating victory.

I guess though, if you get your way of having the leave voters split in two, things might be rigged sufficiently in your favour to warrant such confidence.

As for, "don't you believe in Britain?", what an absurd question for a remainer to ask. Remainers lack of belief is why we are where we are, and why they are so desperate to overturn the democratic process.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The believe in Britain comment is a parody on the views of no deal zealots. Like they are the only people who care about their country, and anyone who fails to fall in line somehow doesn’t believe in their unicorn promises. I believe in the country, what I don’t believe in is doing something stupid because some others think it’s a great idea. If you care about your country that is a logical position to take.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

The most likely route to this outcome is that Mrs May’s pact fails to be approved; Labour then calls a motion of no-confidence in the government and it fails to pass; Labour and Conservative MPs then opt for a second referendum believing the other options (no-deal or renegotiation) to be untenable.

the door for prolongation of a50 and changing the deal has already been launched as open

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

motion of no confidence in the government is unlikely to pass and that would be the same as a board of directors  ( Conservative MP voting themselves out of a job with all the benefits that go with that job) more likely is May will go and a new Conservative leader will be chosen rabb or JRM

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

According to adammike is was 41.90 yesterday and most of the credit for the drop in sterling should go to the remainers/remoaners

Thats got to be the most I***&*&ic comment today

Its comments like that that blow all Brexit credibility if they have any

RIDICULOUS

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Try average 28 THB to GBP, October 1984. An Orwellian forex rate if ever there was one! And we'd been in the EEC for 11 years by then, so anything is possible, innit?

Well I live in the real world

You want to quote exchange rates from 1984? Be my guest.

16 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

motion of no confidence in the government is unlikely to pass and that would be the same as a board of directors  ( Conservative MP voting themselves out of a job with all the benefits that go with that job) more likely is May will go and a new Conservative leader will be chosen rabb or JRM

the best you can do? Raab or Rees-Mogg? gosh-shiver

Rees-Mogg until Brexit is set, then Raab from then on

Edited by melvinmelvin

24 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Plans that the Uk will have no choice but to accept Remainers have shown their poker cards to the EU 

All the EU has to do is stay accept everything on the table or leave your choice and we all know which way the remainers would go

Sure, like it's only the UK who would object, and the EU would want to go through all that again, or risk the same with other members? The ability of the EU to force the hand of every member is much exaggerated on here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Sure, like it's only the UK who would object, and the EU would want to go through all that again, or risk the same with other members? The ability of the EU to force the hand of every member is much exaggerated on here.

we will see if the subjects are discussed if a 2nd referendum ever takes place 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

EU  says deal or No Brexit or No Deal - No Brexit it is then. Remainers get the french champers on ice ........I smell victory.....

Tusk actually said 

European Council president Donald Tusk ruled out renegotiating Theresa May’s Brexit deal today, saying if parliament rejects the agreement then Britain must either crash out of the EU with no deal or abandon Brexit altogether.

So no deal and leave the EU is on the cards

http://www.cityam.com/269975/no-deal-brexit-remaining-eu-only-options-if-theresa-mays

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Dumb and Dumber? Or dumb, then dumber.

there are not that many Tory Brexiteers to choose from

BJ, DDavies and Raab should be avoided at all cost until Brexit is set if you want a good dialogue with EU

after; doesn't really matter