Limited use of arms and hands

DipStick

This is a serious Post, so will those with nothing constructive to add, back off.

i have a health issue, that now requires me to use a disability scooter, however, whilst parts of my body are closing down slowly, the loss of feeling in my hands has been rather quick.

I am now unable to hold a pen or such things as cutlery, the pen is a major issue, this because I am now unable to sign documents, this is proving a major issue with official documents, such as immigration forms, cheques, bank requirements , the list goes on.

i am currently in hospital in HK, they got round the problem by using my fingerprint, however that’s unlikely to be accepte£ at immigration and banks etc.

Any suggestions  will be gladly received.

The TM 7 form used for Non O extensions at immigration does have an option for a right thumb print instead of a signature. So it's logical that thumb prints would be excepted in other immigration procedures as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You can use a thumb print in most places. You would have to visit your bank, etc and change your signature to a thumb print after explaining the issue. If the bank is a problem just take out all the money via ATM or transfer and open a new account using your thumb print.

Some places may require your signature to be the same as your passport however. This may mean obtaining a new passport.

For UK citizens, for example, if you can supply proof that you cannot sign then your passport when you apply, you will have "The holder is not required to sign" in the space where you signature would normally be printed.

I hope this helps you consider your options.

My dad had ALS which had similar progressive deterioration of motor abilities.  

We made frequent use of Velcro strips to facilitate the holding of pens, eating utensils, ect.  We also made pens and utensils larger and easier to grip using dense latex foam. 

2 hours ago, dddave said:

My dad had ALS which had similar progressive deterioration of motor abilities.  

We made frequent use of Velcro strips to facilitate the holding of pens, eating utensils, ect.  We also made pens and utensils larger and easier to grip using dense latex foam. 

Great ideas, many thanks