Returned to UK

2 hours ago, CH1961 said:

1000+ tax for plenty of crime: https://crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode/po11 9ad

Horrible weather: https://www.bbc.com/weather/8299619

At place 26 (of 50) in Crap Towns, Pan Macmillan ?

No, thanks .. will stay in Pattaya ?

Oh yes, I forgot Thailand is safe!!  Always someone to criticize.

I'm not trying to say the UK is great, but neither is Pattaya if you are in poor health!!

Anyways I hardly think the below chart give no concern, probably less than one week in Pattaya!

And as for your comments about Crap Towns, I see your list suggests Brighton, Liverpool, Winchester, London, Basingstoke etc are more crap, so I would not believe everything you read, according to adverts Thailand is safe and secure, and many polls say that as well Ha Ha!!

image.png.0e4cc939f69845af4290dc5a6ca0a4a4.png

• Like 2

Can't believe the food pricing is the same. Yeah maybe you can get some chicken and mushroom pasties on a buy 2 packs for £3 job but last week I nearly ordered a small fish and chips and the price was £10.45. I cancelled it and opted for a save loyalty and chips for £5.50. Pricing on food is a joke and quality costs a lot compared to Thailand. 

• Like 1

Spent several weeks back in Yorkshire over the summer, and fish and chips was of the order of £5. £7 for large. One of the things I see in the UK is the cost of eating out, and drinking has risen significantly. I think the problem here, largely, is the council / business rates, coupled with more home entertainment options. Fewer people go out to eat so it gets more expensive. Similar to Thailand in a way: business is down, so put up the prices - but the problem largely is the cost of doing business, rather than profiteering. Market stalls (many of whom now think they are entitled to be premium priced 'farmers' markets, are now so far ahead of supermarkets, that it isn't funny. But supermarket pricing is very cheap. There's a whole bunch of things - not just bread, cheese, wine - that I think the UK now is much cheaper. Thailand has gone up, and the exchange rate particularly to the pound has had a bad effect on disposable incomes for expats - but it makes the UK look pretty cheap, even if prices there have risen too.

• Like 2