Gold&Bitcoin

dorchester

If you have a Thai bank account and you are not American then it is very easy to sell BTC here for THB, then use that baht to buy Gold. 

If you don't have a Thai Bank account and/or you are an American then use Localbitcoins.com to find a buyer here to give you cash (baht) for your bitcoin and again, use the cash to buy gold.

Why would you want to buy gold with your bitcoin if you have some? I am just asing since I am a miner myself and I am not sure that it is worth doing so or am i wrong? My genesis contract allows me to maintain my living at quite good level so I am not sure about the reasons behind that. And if you consider all the codes for discounts I've used on my contract you would know that saving is really the most profitable thing you can do with your cryptocurrencies.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 6:22 PM, InvestMarco said:

Gold is universal and will always be in the price, so it is always worth having it at hand. Even if all the world's currencies have disappeared, then you would only pay with gold.

How would you buy a toothbrush with a bar of gold? 

14 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

How would you buy a toothbrush with a bar of gold? 

You'd be able to buy a lot of toothbrushes. I've changed my mind about the aphorism there is no such thing as a stupid question.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You'd be able to buy a lot of toothbrushes. I've changed my mind about the aphorism there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Bitcoin IS the   gold of the digital age! 

It has property's and utilities gold bars will never have 

You can send a penny or multi million dollars  , 24/7 to any country 

Try that with 50kilos of gold and let us know how much it cost

Screenshot_20181007-012336.jpg

On 10/6/2018 at 8:34 PM, Ks45672 said:

Bitcoin IS the   gold of the digital age! 

It has property's and utilities gold bars will never have 

You can send a penny or multi million dollars  , 24/7 to any country 

Try that with 50kilos of gold and let us know how much it cost

In case of Bitcoin you might beat the time frame BTC arrives at your wallet. 

It can take 2 days till BTC arrives and has past the checks. Ethereum on the other hand is way faster. 

Many coins are faster but almost all lack the retailers which back BTC. Or Gold for that matter. 

The advantages of Etherums are documented > https://hx8800.com/ethereum/bitcoin-and-ethereum.html most likely not only there. 

IMHO if the coiner crowd does not wake up and start to drum for Blockchain support or retailer acceptance many will fail. Some already have. 

18 hours ago, neo555 said:

It can take 2 days till BTC arrives and has past the checks. Ethereum on the other hand is way faster. 

Many coins are faster but almost all lack the retailers which back BTC. Or Gold for that matter. 

The advantages of Etherums are documented > https://hx8800.com/ethereum/bitcoin-and-ethereum.html most likely not only there. 

IMHO if the coiner crowd does not wake up and start to drum for Blockchain support or retailer acceptance many will fail. Some already have. 

And of course XRP is faster than Ethereum

18 hours ago, neo555 said:

I own ethereum too but i think btc already won this

6 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I own ethereum too but i think btc already won this

7 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

And of course XRP is faster than Ethereum

Its a little bit like the video standard where beta was way better but vhs won. 

In respect to XRP and Ethereum I think the few seconds don#t really matter, what matters more is the acceptance of the coin, there Eth is clearly the winner. XRP is not so much a better version of BTC as ETH is, IMHO. 

On 10/10/2018 at 12:28 AM, neo555 said:

not sure what checks you mean. btc isnt yet instant but I can get it into a bank account within an hour, and Im pretty sure it will be quicker then that within a year

13 hours ago, phycokiller said:

not sure what checks you mean. btc isnt yet instant but I can get it into a bank account within an hour, and Im pretty sure it will be quicker then that within a year

In my case it needed about 3 hours between bitcoinwallet and uphold, passed 6 checks which are the delay actually.  https://www.blockchain.com/en/charts/avg-confirmation-time

There are checks when passing BTC from one wallet to another. And when using different wallets you loos about 10 % of the value you passed on. My personal experience in that issue.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:42 AM, neo555 said:

Its a little bit like the video standard where beta was way better but vhs won. 

In respect to XRP and Ethereum I think the few seconds don#t really matter, what matters more is the acceptance of the coin, there Eth is clearly the winner. XRP is not so much a better version of BTC as ETH is, IMHO. 

RKT

The race for No. 2: Ripple’s XRP is growing, and Ethereum is shrinking. Why?tt://globalcoinreport.com/ripple-xrp-grows-ethereum-shrnks/

https://globalcoinreport.com/ripple-xrp-grows-ethereum-shrinks/

Actually a few seconds is a big deal for mass adoption of cryptos, BTC was created as a P2P method of payment now transfers between 2 parties in many cases an hour or two may not matter, but for mass use of crypto its a big problem... imagine your local 7/11 starts accepting crypto to purchase your daily somtam, they will want paying instantly not hours later, same as cash/debit card/cc, ergo BTC doesnt cut it in that regard, this is one of reasons it hasnt seen mass adoption along with costs as well

XRP and similar settlement in 3 to 4 seconds, quicker than debit, credit cards and i guess even cash in some respects, further Ripplenet/XRP is due for an upgrade called "Cobalt" in the near future with reported settlement time of 1 second on the ledger 

20 hours ago, phycokiller said:

Lightening network which i think are referring to by all accounts is a dead duck and yet to be tested "at mass"

2 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Lightening network which i think are referring to by all accounts is a dead duck and yet to be tested "at mass"

sure, things dont appear from no where, they have to be designed and built. so far tests are fine and there is no indication it wont work

8 hours ago, neo555 said:

In my case it needed about 3 hours between bitcoinwallet and uphold, passed 6 checks which are the delay actually.  https://www.blockchain.com/en/charts/avg-confirmation-time

There are checks when passing BTC from one wallet to another. And when using different wallets you loos about 10 % of the value you passed on. My personal experience in that issue.

someone is doing well out of you, I regularly transfer between wallets for less then 10c and takes about 30 minutes for 3 confirmations, admittedly I usually transfer more the $1 at a time

3 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

10 hours ago, neo555 said:

10% lol

Whose ripping you off? 

3 hours ago, phycokiller said:

sure, things dont appear from no where, they have to be designed and built. so far tests are fine and there is no indication it wont work

Ah but theres the thing, its not in "production" yet, others ledgers/cryptos are running 3 to 5 seconds already in production, and with the rumoured upgrade to RippleNet coming soon, ie Cobalt, - 1 second settlements will be the normal at 15k transfers per second, scalable it is rumoured along certain corridors upto 45k tranfers per second

So as we sit the lightening network for BTC is not even off the starting blocks and the operational networks are already making improvements to a live system..

Its a bit like the old Betamax/VHS thing...BTC will get left behind if its not careful 

Archived