Trump backs boycott of Harley Davidson in steel tariff dispute

webfact

3 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

HD are in trouble and they can blame Trump all they like - but they caused their problems themselves through failing to change.

Words...nobody want to buy  HD nowadays(Too big for daily rider) but they're seeing Asia as "New Mone"y because HD has drop sales in the US  and seein Asia as new market.Hwever Asia are stuck with day to day traffic jam,most people who buying HD competitor ( Triumph, Royal Enfield , Kawasaki ) expect to use motorcycle as daily rider yet still cool enough to hangin around for the weekend. Their authorized dealer in  Indonesia close down the shop due to drop on sales.

Edited by NonthaburiBear
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, superal said:

If that was his motive it would have been exposed by now and dealt with . H.Clinton and supporters are bad losers , they are trying everything to bring Trump down but unsuccessfully . D.T is a bit like marmite , like or dislike but difficult to argue that he is a strong character and out of a different mold .  He no longer wants to have America seen as an easy touch and thus the reformation .

Brown (well orange) sticky certainly. Mouldy I'm not sure.

The man is a despot and should be removed.

In the meantime, RoW must move to protect against the USA going mad again in future

The main thing that Delta Tango has cost America is trust. Sorry, you may be rich and powerful but we can't trust you anymore. Bye.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Brown (well orange) sticky certainly. Mouldy I'm not sure.

The man is a despot and should be removed.

In the meantime, RoW must move to protect against the USA going mad again in future

The main thing that Delta Tango has cost America is trust. Sorry, you may be rich and powerful but we can't trust you anymore. Bye.

Mouldy , whats that all about ?

Despot  POTUS  ?  not achievable in the USA where congress gets the final say .

Watch , listen and learn from Trump who is a successful business tycoon , going against the grain of staid US politics .  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Mold / mould was a quip, a Bon mot. You were not expected to understand!

Trump is a disaster for the world and you will lose all trust; you probably don't care

So off and play with your guns while a new world order is established.

At least we will be spared a Trump Autobiography; the **** can't read let alone write!

?

Suggest you take a little more water with your libation  

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Unsuccesful business tycoon. Bankrupt 3 times, if he had invested the money his father gave him he would be 10 times richer now. Man of straw owning a house of cards.

Trump is worth 3.5 billion dollars and employs over 23,000 people throughout his business empire .

Is that unsuccessful ? He has delegated his business interests to others whilst potus . He does not draw a salary from his job as president in order to show there is no conflict of interest  . 

I rest my case .

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, superal said:

Trump is worth 3.5 billion dollars and employs over 23,000 people throughout his business empire .

Is that unsuccessful ? He has delegated his business interests to others whilst potus . He does not draw a salary from his job as president in order to show there is no conflict of interest  . 

I rest my case .

First off, no one really knows how much Trump is worth since he refuses to release his financial information. 

And do keep in mind that he inherited 40 million dollars in 1974

Finally, he has not cut himself off from managing his business. To do that, he would have to have created a blind trust. In fact, the tax bill of 2017 gave unusual preference to real estate companies and pass-through entities. Which oddly enough constitutes the vast bulk of Trump's businesses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Becker said:

I just read that. Thanx.

You just can't make this shIt up. Bikers for Trump.  $8 too expensive made in the USA. Have to outsource. It's hilarious.

I don't think the guy (El Presidente) interviewed, realized what a complete Dick he sounds.

:cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy:

10 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

I just read that. Thanx.

You just can't make this shIt up. Bikers for Trump.  $8 too expensive made in the USA. Have to outsource. It's hilarious.

I don't think the guy (El Presidente) interviewed, realized what a complete Dick he sounds.

:cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy:

It beggars belief that they don't see the mind-numbing hypocrisy but that's the hallmark of most Swamp King supporters. 

As you said you really can't make this sh!t up. The "dickness" is strong in this one. 

Edited by Becker
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, superal said:

I rest my case .

Not even 1 billion dollars. Don't believe the Trump hype/lies.

I rest your case.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:16 AM, Tradewind777 said:

The redneck Harley riders now conflicted are going to be facing a big decision. Their hero clown in Washington is now telling them to boycott Harley. Which if his argument is to hold out, they must stop riding bikes and buy American cars instead because he forgot one small point in one of his regular moments of lunacy: Harley Davidson has no American competitors! So if they want to follow his line (and keep riding bikes), maybe they will buy a Honda Gold Wing instead. Is this buffoon all America can produce as a “leader”?

Actually there are several other of those "motor sofas" on the market, Indian and Victory most prominently. You don't have to buy Japanese (although don't look too closely at your Harley or other "American" bike or you will spot many, many components manufactured abroad).

48 minutes ago, Byron Allen Black said:

Actually there are several other of those "motor sofas" on the market, Indian and Victory most prominently. You don't have to buy Japanese (although don't look too closely at your Harley or other "American" bike or you will spot many, many components manufactured abroad).

Why do people repeat the same nonsense they read elsewhere?

Victory stopped production in January 2017, Victory Motorcycles was an American motorcycle manufacturer with its final assembly facility in Spirit Lake, Dickinson County, northwestern Iowa, United States. It began production of its vehicles in 1998, and began winding down operations in January 2017.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Motorcycles

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Why do people repeat the same nonsense they read elsewhere?

Victory stopped production in January 2017, Victory Motorcycles was an American motorcycle manufacturer with its final assembly facility in Spirit Lake, Dickinson County, northwestern Iowa, United States. It began production of its vehicles in 1998, and began winding down operations in January 2017.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Motorcycles

Thanks... I should have checked my sources. There are other smallish American brands as well but since I have always ridden and raced Nipponese rice-grinders I do not follow the dreamboat-crowd closely.

As for Hardly-Ableson they represent the typical stubborn American attitude of producing for a declining clientele. Just like the 'Big Three' automakers in the 1970s ~ 1980s, when the Japanese just walked in and ate their lunch.

The average H-D rider is probably pushing 60 and many who bought their $30,000 Hogs are neither employed nor employable. 

Actually the whole motorcycle market has been having a couple of bad years, and prospects are pretty gloomy. Millennials do not seem interested in the sport, by and large - even the few who have enough money to plunk down for a motor.

This is why Harley, the European manufacturers and the Japanese are going bananas on third-world exports. The Repsol Hondas in MotoGP have slogans in the Indonesian language: their second-biggest market.

I'm just a simple Brit.

So the US president is backing a boycott of one of the most iconic US brands?

Here's the thing (as my American friends say) - trying to pursue a tariff policy based on 19th century notions of international trade is not going to work in the 21st century.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2018 at 11:47 AM, Cereal said:

I've been riding for 4 decades. I've always owned Japanese bikes because I thought they were better. I used to live in Calgary, Canada, which had a large HD store. Every summer HD would have a open drive weekend. All you had to do was show up with a bike license, helmet and leather jacket of some sort and you could sign up and take any HD model for a long drive - follow the leader style. It was about a 20 minute drive through a neighbourhood onto a highway and back around through the 'hood to the dealership. You could do this as many times as you wanted. Just keep signing your name beside a different model.

I rode every model they had. Nice bikes but none were worth $20,000 + more than my Kawasaki Vulcan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motorcycles/top-alternatives-to-harley-davidson-cruisers/ss-BBNhDs1

HD have good bike but ower prize 5x too lot. i hope all HD manufactory move india etc other cheapen country and prize drop normal bike level, 5x less need be have ok prize HD bike.only idiot pay ower prize than many same size and style bike have lot around world and cherapen lot and cheap but better lot too.

Everyone likes McDonalds. No one likes Harleys, they're just not great bikes. Owned a Buell briefly, pile of junk.
I find all American cars and bikes are junk.
American cars don't do well outside the U.S because they are not up to the standards of Japanese and European cars.
They build cars nobody else wants.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

• Like 2