Phuket beach surf safety urged amid ‘monsoon surge’

webfact

Phuket beach surf safety urged amid ‘monsoon surge’

By The Phuket News

1534139605_1-org.jpg

Tourists in the water at Nai Harn yesterday despite the powerful surf pounding the west coast. Photo: Phuket Naiharn Surf Lifesaving Club

PHUKET: Swimmers at all Phuket beaches have been urged to exercise high caution today (Aug 13) as a strong ‘monsoon surge’ pounds the west coast with powerful waves.

The warning comes from the Royal Thai Navy Hydrographic Department and the International Surf Lifesaving Association (ISLA).

The Royal Thai Navy Hydrographic Department has issued a warning of a “Monsoon Surge” as strong waves pound the west coast, causing much damage as the beaches are being eroded by the waves.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-surf-safety-urged-amid-monsoon-surge-68224.php#6OEAx7M3f98aj4OA.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-08-13

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Swimmers at all Phuket beaches have been urged to exercise high caution today (Aug 13) as

the newly employed lifeguards seemed to be as much use as a chocolate teapot, based on recent live-saving events carried out by members of the public, whilst the lifeguards stood around and watched.

• Like 1

I say if they are thick and ignorant enough not to take notice of the warnings and red flags then they deserve to join the Darwin club.its a slow process but we will get there in the end.i can't for the life of me think why someone books a beach holiday in the middle of monsoon season.

• Haha 1