Australian archbishop begins home detention over sex abuse cover-up

webfact

2 hours ago, Cats4ever said:

You may disagree with my conclusions, but I respectfully (you should try that) suggest that you learn how to read and comprehend.

You do have a point. I had been reading an account from one of Fletcher's victims who said that when, as a twelve year old, Fletcher subjected him to anal intercourse  "he had never felt pain like it in his life".  So when I read about "the whole of society being complicit", yes I kicked off a bit. The end of your post does provide some balance.

Edited by rott
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Small Joke said:

Bet no Catholics will bother with this incredibly eloquent address, BUT I did, and learned, among other horrors, that Thomas Moore (now a Saint) tortured and murdered Londoners for reading or even owning a copy of the Bible, written in English.

Jesus wept.

At that time and after, this was standard practice by the RC Church for anyone possessing a Bible in English. To quote Hilary Mantel, "Moore was not slow to use the rack and the rope" and therefore little deserving of sympathy.

Just now, hyku1147 said:

Yes, I heard that earlier on the news.  As we go along there are more and more instances of abuse and an organisational cover up extending to the highest reaches of the church.  It is hard to comprehend the thought processes of these people that think the reputation of their organisation is more important than any abuse of children.  The church has lost all authority to preach morals and good behaviour.  

It claims to be a nation state and the Vatican is considered so; but if the diplomats of any other nation state committed such acts on a widespread scale, and were protected by their country, there would be international sanctions and reprisals on a global scale.

• Like 1

Not liked in Prison. Years ago at Silverwater, they pet a kiddie lover in with a car jacker. The kiddie lover was dead in 30 minutes. Now some may say fair justice, but it was thought this was premeditated due to the other guys reputation. The sad thing for the guy left alive was he went on manslaughter charges; an extra 8+ years in goal.

Any way hope he has problems with his prostrate. Are they going to put a sign outside his house?