Inserting Links

Mossfinn

Tywais! I thought you were ignoring me biggrin.gif
Well, Maybe you're not

Looks like you are changing the quote tags. Try one just using selecting the quote posts, hit Add Reply but don't type anything in then Add Reply, or better still Preview Post.

Hi

I need a little advice... I am going to Thailand in June for 3 weeks and realising that this is when the seasons change I need to know which parts will be hot/wet/dry/sunny.

When I went there in May in 2002, it was sunny on the east but wet on the west - will it be the same in June?

If anyone can help so I can plan my trip better - much appriciated thanks

We went to Phuket and Samui last June and it was definitely much wetter in Phuket...the weather is far more predictable in the east that time of year.

Hope that helps !

yes that does thanks - was it sunny in samui and phan nan? Any idea about the rest of the country - thanks

Here's an example of a more advanced technique. One window has one topic and looking here in this topic in another window(tab). Selected the "Quote" for 3 posts in the other topic and they show up here quoted.

Here's an example of a more advanced technique. One window has one topic and looking here in this topic in another window(tab).

Stuff it.

what i was trying to do, was quote a line and comment about that, then quote another line from the same post and comment on that, in a segmented reply.

But it is beyond hope! and I am getting frustrated and as I can't have a drink, it is best to give up.

Thanks for trying

Good Luck

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

O.K another thought.

I have just upgraded Firefox, all by myself I might add, but am still administering a small problem.

I can now successfully upload pictures, so that is one sorted out.

Another, as can be shown above, the first link is using Scouse's method and the name changes which is good, but there is no link and reverts to the usual empty dialogue box!

The second is using Thaiways Copy and Paste version, which works, Hurrah!!

Anyway any thoughts why Scouse's way is ultimately unsuccessful, apart from me being hopeless.

And finally, when I go to close the link down, it tells me I am closing all tabs, so I then have to go thru the process of opening Mozilla again, how do I get away from this?

Thanks for the all help, finally got there, nearly.

Good Luck

Moss

Maybe like this? :o

When you insert in a Link from another site, it appears as the http:// name where it came from.

How do you change the name of that link, to say perhaps, Click Here or whatever?

C'mon Tywais, I am timing your response :D

Good Luck

Moss

Oh dear, Endure, I have no idea what you have just asked me to do?

I will try again tomorrow when my mind isn't so cluttered with the Irish Constitution.

Sorry, a comment on a previous thread of mine.

Thanks for the help, I will sort it tomorrow.

Good Luck

Moss

When you're writing a post there are 2 bars of icons above the space where you type. It's the 7th icon on the 2nd bar.

Still playing. :o

Edited by gusG

• 3 weeks later...

Mossfin - when you see this post hit reply - you'll get a screen up where you can type a reply. DIRECTLY above the 'typing space' is a row of 10 icons, the first of which is 'b'. The 7th icon along has a little green cross on it. If you click that icon you'll get a dialogue box which says 'Please enter the full URL'. You enter the URL you want the link to point to and then hit RETURN. You'll get a second box which says 'Please enter the title for this item'. This is where you put what you want to appear as the link title.

Sorry endure, I believe I have thrown you a wrong steer here.

This thread has morphed into several 'How To's' and on this occasion I was trying to multiple quote, something I still can't master, much to my annoyance.

On this occasion I was trying an alternative method called, 'Quicknote', but it wasn't what I wanted, so I deleted to save confusion.

I have with many, patient words of advice now mastered the, 'the change of name link' and have used it quite extensively.

Which just goes to show that you don't take much notice of my posts. :o

Thank you for your help and perseverance, I will succeed in the end :D .

Good Luck

Moss

Sorry endure, I believe I have thrown you a wrong steer here.

This thread has morphed into several 'How To's' and on this occasion I was trying to multiple quote, something I still can't master, much to my annoyance.

On this occasion I was trying an alternative method called, 'Quicknote', but it wasn't what I wanted, so I deleted to save confusion.

I have with many, patient words of advice now mastered the, 'the change of name link' and have used it quite extensively.

Which just goes to show that you don't take much notice of my posts. :D

:o