"Brand New" Red Ferrari slams into tree after collision on Friendship Highway

webfact

7 hours ago, inThailand said:

You don't get brakes with a new Ferrari? Or the driver doesn't know how to use them? 

brakes are optional equipment.

looks like there wont be any thai formula 1 champions in the near future

1 hour ago, transam said:

Rich numb nuts are among us .......

Many thanks! That was 5 minutes of great entertainment. There's something satisfying about idiots with too much cash wrecking their expensive toys.

The pedestrian at 3:42 was very quick-footed and lucky.

This is an excellent reason not to drive a Ferrari or any other super car in Thailand. There is a temptation to go fast, and that is a very dangerous thing to do here. Regardless of your skill level. There are alot of drivers here who are not in possession of impressive driving skills, nor are they paying attention sufficiently, nor are they planning and calculating correctly, or showing respect to other drivers, when making a move in traffic. So, better to drive with great caution, something the Ferrari driver does not appear to have been doing. 

39 minutes ago, atyclb said:

brakes are optional equipment.

looks like there wont be any thai formula 1 champions in the near future

I hear that they are in high demand as drivers for the next "Death Race" movie though!

9 hours ago, inThailand said:

You don't get brakes with a new Ferrari? Or the driver doesn't know how to use them? 

Thai drivers first reaction to an impending collision is to swerve.  I guess they do not brake because that would wear out the brake pads - a bit like Thai motorcyclists who disable their rear lights to save on fuel  ?   

There is a 26 year old Brit guy in Dubai who rented a Lambo Huracan and run up 172,000 AED (About 1,5 Million B) in speeding tickets in 3 days. The rental was about 27,000 B per day. What a clown. The funny thing is that the rental company still has his passport. That takes some doing. Get out of that one mate. I think some jail time is coming.

1 minute ago, amdy2206 said:

It does not really matter which car you have if you drive outside the limits. Stupid driving causes accident4s - if it rains slow down!!! 

The problem with so many of these drivers is that their limit comes into effect at 10kph.  ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kannot said:

ill take that bet

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Ferrari could also give a free drivingcourse to all carowners...stories like this give the brand a bad name..And no doubt this was to blame to the driver, who sais he was thai anyway?

I thought that Ferrari & other High Performance car dealerships did offer instruction to customs on how to handle their vehicles. Perhaps not in Thailand as they might incur a liability if driver error causes an accident.   

2 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:
9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ferrari was unable to brake in time, said the report.

AKA as travelling too fast for the conditions.

AKA Thai Bivalve Brain Syndrome.

30 minutes ago, saltire1 said:

Thai drivers first reaction to an impending collision is to swerve.  I guess they do not brake because that would wear out the brake pads - a bit like Thai motorcyclists who disable their rear lights to save on fuel  ?   

You can't loose speed, it'd be losing face, better to ram on full speed, the peasant should yield.

• Haha 2