Bangkok traffic nightmare: Motorists face more congestion and frustration

rooster59

4 hours ago, todlad said:

Rubbish! You mean, there is a problem here in Bangkok so it MUST BE because it's the worst planned city in the world? I wonder how many cities around the world you have really, carefully studied? I know, you will tell me it's thousands.

I asked around: which are the worst planned cities in the world and there are lots of candidates:

Jakarta seems to come out as THE worst

Then you can take your pick from

Rio

LA

Mumbai

Naypyidaw

Dhaka

Dubai

London

Delhi

Just google this question to see why these are prime candidates and, by the way, in all of the sites I visited, not one of them mentioned Bangkok.

Now, do please appreciate that I am not saying that Bangkok is the epitome of town planning excellence since clearly it is not. Then again, glibly saying it's got to be Bangkok without giving a thought to why that might be case is the usual TV nonsense.

Try the traffic in LA, NYC, Chicago, Phoenix, Boston, Moscow, Shanghia.....

Try the Tokyo Subways. Or NYC.

Thats why I dont live in any of those places.

so when things are not up to western standards, I just scratch my nuts whilst I gaze into a cell phone listening to Jimi Hendrix, see all the school uniforms around me, and smile as I remember that Bangkok is a big place, a little over 200 years old and the biggest city in a country that has only been "modern", if even that, for 100 years. I cut it some slack, and dont ride at peak times....for those of you who work, the San Saeb Canal is very nice. Put a bandana or mask on and sit on the inside.

Such complaining and monday morning quarterbacking I cant beleive.

On 8/20/2018 at 6:47 AM, luk AJ said:

What do you suggest than people do on the train? Stare a each other? Picking their nose?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can't people simply be alone in their thoughts? Contemplate the day, their lives. Think about the weekend. Sad I need to spell it out for you as well.

Vapid sheep

Ironic you ask this without sarcasm in a Buddhist country.

It's 40 minutes on all rail lines end to end. It IS sad that people need to prattle endlessly on phones, play mindless games, flick endlessly at nothing on FB...

What I do, I study people and I've come to the conclusion that anyone preoccupied with a phone has a low IQ. I make this judgement based on a number if factors, but one is people with high IQs generally speaking are not addicted to their phones