Custom audio cables for home theatre?

miCRoSCoPiCeaRthLinG

Hi,

Are there any shops in Bangkok that can create custom (length) audio cables for home theatre systems? The default ones are too short for my room and I need longer ones made. The cables need a specific kind of termination at either ends compatible with my platform.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oxygen free copper with 24 carat gold plugs...only 1000 UKP per meter ? ? ?
Haha. Sure - as long as you're footing the bill :)

Mine require one end twisted and soldered into a solid lead (goes at the back of the speakers). The other end has a connector that's specific to certain models of Panasonic.images.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

What in controlled listening tests 99 percent of reviewers can’t tell from 12 gauge lamp cord wire.

With the extremely high quality you are obviously aiming for, I assume the room the equipment in has been designed / modified to allow for the quality you are looking for?

Those Panasonic plugs are unusual but the recessed pins on the backplate look quite standard:

6c-82mm-speaker-connectors-made-for-Pana

So some ordinary insulated lugs should fit and anyone with a crimping tool could attach them to some suitable cable.

And of course anyone with some insulating tape could splice extra cable onto your existing plugs.

• Like 1

I don’t know about that.

Those look like proprietary connectors.
The use these on cheaper models for ease of installation as they “click in”and are
Color Coded. I had a cheaper Samsung blue ray that had these. Becomes a problem when changing speaker wire/length. I found a third party supplier that sold them on eBay, they were a hassle to splice because the connectors are
so narrow.

I recommend the OP going with a higher level AV amp that uses standard Banana plugs. Give the Panasonic away.

12 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Those look like proprietary connectors.

Check the photo I posted the other day, and the photo the OP posted. The plug is specific to Panasonic but the pins on the backplate look entirely normal to me.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:44 PM, KittenKong said:

Those Panasonic plugs are unusual but the recessed pins on the backplate look quite standard:

6c-82mm-speaker-connectors-made-for-Pana

So some ordinary insulated lugs should fit and anyone with a crimping tool could attach them to some suitable cable.

And of course anyone with some insulating tape could splice extra cable onto your existing plugs.

Thank you - that's a great idea. Don't have a crimping tool - but I can carry out the splicing by myself.

Should I expect any degradation in quality due to the splicing?

On 8/28/2018 at 12:48 PM, miCRoSCoPiCeaRthLinG said:

Thank you - that's a great idea. Don't have a crimping tool - but I can carry out the splicing by myself.

Should I expect any degradation in quality due to the splicing? 

I would not expect it to be noticeable at all.

• Like 1