My workpermit is cancelled already 2 months before and i have not cancelled my non b extension visa yet

My workpermit is cancelled on 11th june 2018. My boss cancelled it but i have extension of my non b visa until 31st march 2019 so i would like to know that what happens to my visa?? Also i already manage to open my own new company in thailand so the problem is i have to cancel my old extension visa so that i can apply it for my own new company ( also i am director of my new company). Can i go to immigration and cancell my old non b extesion and can they give me 7 days time after cancelation so that i can apply for new visa without leaving country ( i already cancelled my workpermit before 2 months already) it already 2 months cancelled my workpermit. I take 2 months time and stay in thailand to open my new own comapny so that i can make visa in my own new company but i dont know if i can make my old visa cancel to immigration and get 7 days time to make my visa in company because my workpermit is cancelled before 2 months.    Plzzzz help me i am very stressed about my visa bacause some agent tell my i am on overstay now but it is not 90 days complete yet so i not banned for 1 year yet but it is possible that i can pay fine 20k and get 7 days extension so that i can make my new visa with out leaving country because if i leave country it will be very long process for me to bring new non b visa from my home country because my company is new and i dont have some documents that are required to obtaining new non b visa from my home country plzzzzz guys somebody help me

• Like 1

Your current permission to stay is based on your work, so when that ended your extension of stay should have been cancelled. You are technically on overstay. If you have all the paperwork to apply for a new extension for the new job/employer, the immigration office might let you pay the overstay fine and process the new extension. They also might refuse and send you out of the country for a new 'B' visa.

If you leave the country, by air, your extension of stay will end, you won't be fined for overstay, and you can get a new visa to start again.

• Thanks 1

Immigration would not allow you to pay an overstay and grand 7 days to leave the country since you do not qualify for any extension. 

Your best option is to leave the country by air and apply for a new non-b visa if you can provide the supporting documents.

If you have a valid re-entry permit immigration on entry to the country could insist on using it if you only have a tourist visa or no visa.

• Thanks 1

If his Non b is still valid why does he have to leave ! If it’s a non b visa or extension of stay with an end date and it’s in passport and not cancelled he’s ok! I once had a non b visa and a separate blue work permit book! The WP ended but my Non B continued no problem !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

If his Non b is still valid why does he have to leave ! If it’s a non b visa or extension of stay with an end date and it’s in passport and not cancelled he’s ok! I once had a non b visa and a separate blue work permit book! The WP ended but my Non B continued no problem !

A valid multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate remains valid if the job ends.

A extension of stay based upon working or teaching ends when the job that supported it ends. That is written on the conditions for a extension of stay form you sign when you apply for an extension.

image.png.36e378b6f3ef5f1cc9c54cfdc03374b5.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A valid multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate remains valid if the job ends.

A extension of stay based upon working or teaching ends when the job that supported it ends. That is written on the conditions for a extension of stay form you sign when you apply for an extension.

Wow, hang on, i'm confused !?

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa it remains valid even when you resign ?

If you have a single entry non-b visa then it's cancelled when you resign and then you have 7 days to leave the country, right ?

Cause the common practice would be to have a single entry non-o visa + a multiple re-entry permit (i guess that's what 99% of the foreign workers have).

If it is like i said above, i thought all kind of non-b visa would be cancelled upon resignation and that you would have 7 days to leave the country ...?

15 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Wow, hang on, i'm confused !?

If you have a single entry non-b visa then it's cancelled when you resign and then you have 7 days to leave the country, right ?

Cause the common practice would be to have a single entry non-o visa + a multiple re-entry permit (i guess that's what 99% of the foreign workers have).

If it is like i said above, i thought all kind of non-b visa would be cancelled upon resignation and that you would have 7 days to leave the country ...?

Hence the correct terminology is important.

If you get a single entry nonB it's valid for 3 months. For purposes of work it is then converted to a one year extension of stay. 

The single entry non B does not exist any more. The record of having held it to allow you to get an extension is its only function.

Hence end of work, end of extension.

A multi entry non B will have a life of one year but will require leaving and returning every 90 days. ( no 90 day reports to Imm' )

If the job finishes after 6 months you can continue using the multi entry non B visa until it expires.

Edited by overherebc

4 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate you have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days.

A single entry non-b visa only allows one 90 day entry. Near the end of that 90 days you would either have to leave the country or apply for an extension of stay based upon work or teaching at immigration. The reason for the extension of stay being issued is for having a job so when that reason ends you have to leave the country. There is not automatic 7 days to leave the country.

Your confusion is because you you are calling a extension of stay a visa.

4 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

I assume you meant a non-b visa not a non-o visa.

Re-entry permits are issued for permits to stay not visas.

As soon as you enter the country you are on a permit to stay not a visa.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate you have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days.

A single entry non-b visa only allows one 90 day entry. Near the end of that 90 days you would either have to leave the country or apply for an extension of stay based upon work or teaching at immigration. The reason for the extension of stay being issued is for having a job so when that reason ends you have to leave the country. There is not automatic 7 days to leave the country.

Your confusion is because you you are calling a extension of stay a visa.

I assume you meant a non-b visa not a non-o visa.

Re-entry permits are issued for permits to stay not visas.

As soon as you enter the country you are on a permit to stay not a visa.

Yea i meant non-b, sorry i was already confused there was no need for additional mistakes ?

I have tons of questions but i think it's just gona make the OP more confused, i'm gona sit & wait for a while ?