Man stopped at roadside after accident killed by speeding pickup

webfact

Man stopped at roadside after accident killed by speeding pickup

By The Nation

news75845_855.jpg

Picture: Channel 3

A 62-year-old motorist was killed by a speeding pickup truck in Pathum Thani Saturday night just as he and another man finished settling terms over a minor collision they’d had.

Worawit Wannathawee died instantly from a fatal head injury at the roadside.

The other motorist with whom he’d had a fender-bender was injured. His name has not been released.

They were discussing a settlement at the side of Lam Lukka-Khlong 4 Road in Lam Lukka district at 9.30pm.

They were about to get back in their vehicles when the pickup truck driven by Suchat Saenmieng, 24, crashed into them, an insurance company representative told police.

Suchat was also injured.

A passing motorist told police he saw the pickup racing with another one before the driver lost control and struck the two men at the roadside.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352466

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-20
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

That would be no good because race circuits have corners and Thais are just straight line drivers !  Anything with a curve or bend they are incapable of driving around properly

Well, as long as the corners had reinforced concrete walls...if you see what I mean, Ha!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Esso49 said:

that Thai male drivers will be allowed to do this again and again with almost impunity due to zero police enforcement and worthless punishment to fit the crime .

Any idea how raciest and pathetic you sound. 

How about loosing the 'Typical Thai Male blah blah blah' attitude, or go back to your own country if you have an attitude like this.

Plenty of Farang drivers that do stuff like this.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

laws need to change so motorist will face heavy fines of 3000-5000 baht for minor infractions such as speeding. and 10,000 and up for heavy infractions (not saying hitting someone should be fine 10,000 it should be a lot more plus jail time). I believe most folks don't even see jail time if they simply give some money to the victims family and ask for forgiveness.

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

And yet another Thai pick-up , driven by a Thai male kills an innocent party .   Brake failure or brain failure.  Waiting for all the Thai apologists on this forum to justify it as an unavoidable "accident".   The only thing unavoidable is the knowledge that Thai male drivers will be allowed to do this again and again with almost impunity due to zero police enforcement and worthless punishment to fit the crime .

typically the advertising for pickup trucks shows them in the light of performance and how fast they can go

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

And yet another Thai pick-up , driven by a Thai male kills an innocent party .   Brake failure or brain failure.  Waiting for all the Thai apologists on this forum to justify it as an unavoidable "accident".   The only thing unavoidable is the knowledge that Thai male drivers will be allowed to do this again and again with almost impunity due to zero police enforcement and worthless punishment to fit the crime .

Why the emphasis on "Thai" and "male" so much, are Thais the only nationalities that have accidents?  Are males the only ones also?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I doubt that there is a single family in Thailand that hasn't had a member killed or seriously injured.

You could be right. I was smacked off my m'bike from behind by a truck trying to pass a car on the inside and amazingly got off lightly tho' the bike was wrecked. My son was hit off his bike by a car pulling out into him and he suffered traumatic brain injury. My daughter was hit by a car that turned right at a traffic light and drove straight across her. My wife was run into by another m'bike who drove straight out at a T junction. All this in Chiang Mai province. 3 of these accidents had witnesses to testify that the other drivers were at wrong but the police chased up nothing, didn't take any statements, refused to take an interest and so those drivers got away unpunished. Its all treated with mai pen rai.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Any idea how raciest and pathetic you sound. 

How about loosing the 'Typical Thai Male blah blah blah' attitude, or go back to your own country if you have an attitude like this.

Plenty of Farang drivers that do stuff like this.  

Name one. I don't know if you believe what you say, but haven't you heard that Thailand is the world"s number one in road deaths. Take off the rosey specs and get with it.

Why are you all even here if you hate the Thai people so much and consider it the worst country in the world for 'this and that'. 

Clearly you are so afraid to drive here you must stay in you house 24 / 7 posting Thai bashing idiotic stuff on here.

Even saying that I condone road deaths.... What kind of people are you?  Wake up, do something positive about it, rather than crying like little spoilt brats on here.

5 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Name one. I don't know if you believe what you say, but haven't you heard that Thailand is the world"s number one in road deaths. Take off the rosey specs and get with it.

I know one or 2.  I don't want to name them as I would get in trouble legally.  One American guy in my area killed someone while driving drunk on the wrong side of the road... got off by paying money to the victims family.

Another English guy kill 2 women when he was driving drunk and did a hit and run.. again money pay off.  

There are plenty.  We are in the minority here... so of course we are going to have less road accidents... can you comprehend that?

• Like 1

Note how they are  pushing the "speeding" part, reality was  the driver wasnt paying attention is  way more  likely.

Thats said  I often see  numb nuts on the  hard  shoulder wandering aimlessly about.

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

did they pull fully off the road and turn on their hazard lights? Rarely have I ever seen this common sense to an emergency used here. 

In Thailand, "hazard lights" are only used in intersections when you want to go stright ahead.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us hope that Suchat Saenmieng gets charged with manslaughter, and spends at least a decade in prison. And this kind of thing could be addressed by penalizing his family. Who are his parents? How did they raise him? A massive fine should be imposed on people who act with such a lack of concern toward others. 

Why such a nonchalant attitude about safety? He killed a man! This kind of negligence should not go unpunished. It sounds like this could have easily be avoidable if he was not acting like the brain dead, vapid, useless, absent minded, dull, non visionary, dimwit creep that he is. 

Like most Thai pick-up drivers he never knew his Father and his parents no doubt were ever married - If you follow my logic

• Like 2