Fish Killed after Rapid Increase of Water in Ping River

snoop1130

Fish Killed after Rapid Increase of Water in Ping River

by CityNews

S__7905357-1024x768.jpg

CityNews – Fish die off from the rapid increase of water in the Ping River.

A Ruby fish farmer have to sell off most of their fish after they were killed by recent rises in Ping River water levels.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/fish-killed-rapid-increase-water-ping-river/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-8-20

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

A Ruby fish farmer have to sell off most of their fish after they were killed by recent rises in Ping River water levels.

Note to self:  Don't order the fish special for lunch.  Especially if it's at a discount.

This type of fish not used to water? I'm sorry but I just don't believe this. Masses amounts of fresh water running into the sea can kill salt water fish but runoff of rain doesn't kill fresh-water fish. I wonder what came with this water. Run-off from farms using pesticide, discharge from a factory or just regular household sewage. Plenty of poisons to be found around Chiang Mai.

Tilapia can live in low oxygenated waters, the runoff must have

contained some pesticides,contaminated water,we have a small

river at the back of our house that runs into the Ping,and sometimes

the water just smells like pig shit,one day there was even a 

pig floating past,a very big one, so suspect upstream there will

be at least 1 pig farm.

P.S. don't eat Tilapia for a while. 

regards worgeordie

It's deffo run off from farms.the water will have oxygen.cant really be anything else.paraquat and fish don't mix...nice to see the woman is more interested in making a few baht and poison her customers.it don't take much chemicals to kill most fresh water fish.ammonia at a ratio of 4,000,000 to 1 is enough to kill koi.these fish look heathy in the pic so I would say whatever killed them must of been high in concentration to do it so quick.the other thing is where the fishery dept with all this going on.oh I forgot TIT.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:51 AM, arithai12 said:

quickly, before they are tested for chemical contaminants.

Would that be those same chemicals that were declared safe by the doctors who were employed by the large chemical companies and paid to lie through their teeth?

2 hours ago, MisterTee said:

You may have uncovered one of the reasons for compulsive Thai-bashing.

Don't get it, who are the Thai-bashers here? For me it would be the small member bashers.... 

Or do we have plenty of first degree primates on TV?

• 11 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 5:19 PM, Esso49 said:

Lack of sufficient oxygen levels in the water more like,  not just the increase in water levels as fish are quite good at swimming at any level

Or wash off of chemicals put on the land. 

Archived