Labor Department refusing to put home address on work permit

I live in Phang Nga and this year we bought a car. Realized that my home address was not on my work permit so ended up having to get a cert of residence from immigration.....painful.

So yesterday HR went to the labor department as they are renewing my work permit. Asked for them to put my home address on the permit and they refused saying they dont do that here. 

Has any one ever heard of a labor office refusing to do what they should be doing like this and any advice? 

" Realized that my home address was not on my work permit so ended up having to get a cert of residence from immigration.....painful. "

Why? The address on the registration is not really important, your work address would have been fine.

1 hour ago, secondfusilier said:

Have you checked in the back pages of your work permit?

When I renewed mine I noticed that my address was not at the front, as was the case with the older work permits.

I later found out that my home address was now printed near the back of the book (a few pages in).

Na - its no where to be seen. They admit its not there. 

37 minutes ago, stevenl said:

" Realized that my home address was not on my work permit so ended up having to get a cert of residence from immigration.....painful. "

Why? The address on the registration is not really important, your work address would have been fine.

Ill let them know that the next time they ask lol. They wernt fine with it. 

5 minutes ago, CiaranKL said:

Ill let them know that the next time they ask lol. They wernt fine with it. 

You realise nearly everybody with a workpermit has his work address on the DL?

But up to you if you want to make it more complicated than necessary.

Edited by stevenl

At the Department of Labour in Bangkok they will put your residential address as the same as your work address, but they need a letter from a Director stating that the Director gives permission.

Each regional Labour Office does things their own way - if they point blank refuse you will probably have to live with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

You realise nearly everybody with a workpermit has his work address on the DL?

But up to you if you want to make it more complicated than necessary.

Indeed you are right but your DL cannot be used as a certificate of residence when having dealing with government agencies etc.  Further more to renew your DL u must bring a certificate of residence with you. They won't accept it as your proof of address either. 

12 hours ago, CiaranKL said:

Indeed you are right but your DL cannot be used as a certificate of residence when having dealing with government agencies etc.  Further more to renew your DL u must bring a certificate of residence with you. They won't accept it as your proof of address either. 

Workpermit is accepted in stead of CoR.

I perchased 2 cars previously and work permit with work address was accepted without a problem. However, my 3rd vehicle which I purchased around 4-5 months ago they demanded the home address, I also had to go through the immigration thing. The rules must have changed recently, TIT.. 

Admittedly, I didnt find the process that painfull..

On 8/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, CiaranKL said:

Na - its no where to be seen. They admit its not there. 

If these public servants can give thai people a car licence instead of a bike licence "oops" do you

take their word for anything?