Big C current Stamp collect promotion

John9

Big C household equipment promotion offer of free gifts with stamp collection. Promotion literature says it runs till October 2018. I collected 50 stamps ( free gift offer - free steamer with payment of 99 bhat) went to customer service counter was told promotion ended. When I said your promotion ends in October they took my stamp book and gave letter confirming they will

phone me when gift ready. Over a month no phone call. just wandered if promotion is genuine or foreigners are denied or reasons behind not giving as per offer ?

• Like 1

I'm looking at the promotion online and it tells me I can collect stamps  up until 1 Oct 2018 and redeem them up until 15 October.

Dang, I need to get another 22 stamps in the next month as I want four of the things they are promoting. (I use the minimum # of stamps and pay the difference. Still cheaper than the retail price of the items and they are usually much better quality than what the store sells.)

I collect the stamps for every promotion. Never had a problem...

7/11, now that is a different kettle of fish. I don't think I have ever managed to claim anything.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Yes, the promotion is genuine and stamps will be issued until October 1, with collection available until October 15.

If you convert your stamps to the Big-C stamp app, you get a 5 stamp bonus. You get 2 bonus stamps on Wednesdays if you spend 900. You'll also get a notification if they have a special double stamp day.

I have already been using the 2 most expensive items (wok and large pot) for over a month. I'm not too happy with the quality of the Teflon coated wok though. I only use plastic implements and I'm gentle with it, yet it is scratching up quickly. At this rate, I can't imagine it will last a long time, which surprises me considering it is touted as being worth 4000 baht retail.

If they don't have the item you want in stock, you have to order it. I ordered the wok in the afternoon and the next day I picked it up. The large pot was there when I asked for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

I collect the stamps for every promotion. Never had a problem...

7/11, now that is a different kettle of fish. I don't think I have ever managed to claim anything.

The current promotion is a 1-baht stamp for every 50 baht you spend. All you do is give them to the cashier when you buy and they subtract the amount from your total. It couldn't be easier.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes, the promotion is genuine and stamps will be issued until October 1, with collection available until October 15.

If you convert your stamps to the Big-C stamp app, you get a 5 stamp bonus. You get 2 bonus stamps on Wednesdays if you spend 900. You'll also get a notification if they have a special double stamp day.

I have already been using the 2 most expensive items (wok and large pot) for over a month. I'm not too happy with the quality of the Teflon coated wok though. I only use plastic implements and I'm gentle with it, yet it is scratching up quickly. At this rate, I can't imagine it will last a long time, which surprises me considering it is touted as being worth 4000 baht retail.

If they don't have the item you want in stock, you have to order it. I ordered the wok in the afternoon and the next day I picked it up. The large pot was there when I asked for it.

Do you clean the wok yourself?  I bought a coated fry pan, Teflon utensils and a sponge with green Scotch- Brite. Told my wife to use only the non-metal utensils when cooking and the green pad to clean it. MIL came and stayed and used it like her cast iron skillet and used a steel pad to clean it. 

• Haha 2

Yesterday I got 5 stamps at the checkout but the cashier said my store card didn't scan.

So I went to the customer services counter to get a replacement and was told no more cards for foreigners but I could sign up again and use my phone number at the checkouts.

Anybody else had a similar experience?

• Like 1

If they tried that nonsense with my wife, believe me, there'd be hell to pay.  Hell hath no fury than my wife if she feels like Big C cheated her out of a satang! 
"Why you no give me five baht discount.  I have receipt.  Receipt say I get five baht discount.  You do over again.  I want five baht discount."
I kid you not!  I've seen her in action.  :clap2:When she turns her stamps in, they better produce!  I pity them if they can not.

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Do you clean the wok yourself?  I bought a coated fry pan, Teflon utensils and a sponge with green Scotch- Brite. Told my wife to use only the non-metal utensils when cooking and the green pad to clean it. MIL came and stayed and used it like her cast iron skillet and used a steel pad to clean it. 

I'm the only one who touches it. I never touch it with the green pad as that is still too abrasive and only use the soft sponge. The whole idea of a teflon surface is non-stick, so why would it even require scrubbing? I know quite a bit about quality teflon coatings as I've used them for decades, and always buy top end as I prefer not to eat teflon. This particular pan is scratching more than I would expect from a high-quality surface. It's scratching from stir flying, not cleaning. It could be the salt I add when stir frying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

If they tried that nonsense with my wife, believe me, there'd be hell to pay.  Hell hath no fury than my wife if she feels like Big C cheated her out of a satang! 
"Why you no give me five baht discount.  I have receipt.  Receipt say I get five baht discount.  You do over again.  I want five baht discount."
I kid you not!  I've seen her in action.  :clap2:When she turns her stamps in, they better produce!  I pity them if they can not.

Don't worry, you won't need to fight to get your items.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Took me two years to 'train' my Mrs not to use metal tools on coated pots and pans and in the end i just chucked all the metal utensils in the recycle bin.  No problem with MIL as she's dead !

3 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Took me two years to 'train' my Mrs not to use metal tools on coated pots and pans and in the end i just chucked all the metal utensils in the recycle bin.  No problem with MIL as she's dead !

Surely you would have had to chuck all the coated pots out too.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

A phone number they can spam and sell to other spammers

Wonder when the anti thai stuff would start.

All companies all over the world sell info you provide, to other organisations. 

Sorry to disavow you . Scammers/spammers are all over tje world not just thailand.

If you think it is worse here then you do have options I suppose

5 hours ago, eddi said:

Yesterday I got 5 stamps at the checkout but the cashier said my store card didn't scan.

So I went to the customer services counter to get a replacement and was told no more cards for foreigners but I could sign up again and use my phone number at the checkouts.

Anybody else had a similar experience?

Yes, I understood it to be no more cards for anyone. Told to use my phone number.

50 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Sorry to disavow you . Scammers/spammers are all over tje world not just thailand.

I wondered when a Thai apologist with a chip on his shoulder would come around who would claim that a post, that had NOTHING to do with Thais in general, was Thai bashing.

As you say yourself, it happens worldwide, but it is your own choice to engage in it or not.

I myself for that very reason don't have a a Big C, or any other shop loyalty card,however I shop at Big C daily because i don't want my info to be sold.

And guess what, I also don't get called by boiler room scum, or get spam sms from other companies, and never have to start a thread here about how i get rid of those sms messages that deduct my phone credit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Expatthailover said:
4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

A phone number they can spam and sell to other spammers

Well, all I can say is that Big C have had my phone number for nearly 10 years and I NEVER get any spam from them. The only SMS I get are useful ones telling me about coupon promotions that I like to know about, and these messages are highly infrequent. I can also verify that they DO NOT sell your info to 3rd parties as I never get unsolicited messages.

Edited by tropo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think they mistranslated it to you. I think what they mean is they "run out of that item" you're interested in. They should have told you to go to a different branch of Big C rather than making you wait for a re-stock. This promotion is both for Thais and Foreigners. The only promotion i didn't get was the 1 baht AIS phone because they "require"  me to show a Thai ID card. or maybe, again, they might mistranslated it to me that time.