Farang Marriage Training Clinic Opens In Khon Kaen

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seminar doesn't seem to have attracted many father-in-laws. Anyone have any thoughts about why this might be the case? I know Thailand doesn't have a jury system, but can you imagine if the ladies in this photo were the jury pool? Would be your worst legal nightmare, wouldn't it? :biggrin:

p6_CHY7aa4.jpg.cf4cc86639f9a1b3c709f3610b2fc199.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Seminar doesn't seem to have attracted many father-in-laws. Anyone have any thoughts about why this might be the case? I know Thailand doesn't have a jury system, but can you imagine if the ladies in this photo were the jury pool? Would be your worst legal nightmare, wouldn't it? :biggrin:

p6_CHY7aa4.jpg.cf4cc86639f9a1b3c709f3610b2fc199.jpg

Is that all the Thai wives with ferang husbands at the meeting? I take it the husbands were barred?

Or are they all the "also ran", who fell at the first fence?

What a load of <deleted>. So this Falang and his wife are experts and going to teach everything about a mixed marriage. Never heard so much <deleted> in my life. Ohhh yes its perfectly fine to ask husband for money for family and if he doesnt give it just try and con him out of it. If he finds out you can always run away with your Thai boyfriend.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:26 PM, greenchair said:

Oh that's just rad coming from them. ?

Thai women, scammed, cheated and abused. 

What about all the foreigner scammed into buying them houses, scammed into 50 percent shares in a company they put nothing into, only to divorce and get half back. And abused, well, just how many foreigners have fallen off balconies lately. Top of the list would have to be the problems these poor innocents face when confronted by angry husbands because they can't be faithful. 

Do thai spouses even understand that word ? 

Faithful. ? not sure there's even a Thai translation. 

I'm sure glad I never went looking for Thai women where you must have gone.

On 8/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, colinneil said:

Therapists, therapists who needs bloody therapists, just give the wife a good slap every now and then keep her in line.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

You tried to be funny because I hope i know you don't mean it.   But it is not an area to make fun when peope dont know you.

Farang Marriage Training Clinic Opens In Khon Kaen

so they are going to teach us how to give in to every request from the family to give money by way of a non repayable loan!!

Do they really believe that this will shut down the loan sharks??

Some bright spark said they are going to teach all these farang husbands how to drive the Thai way, because the Thai way is best !!

When you think about it the Thai way wipes out large numbers of the population every month so what a good way for the wife to get her hands on all the old buffalo owns.

They know all the scams these Thais

Some marriages to Thai women are not bad, and some women are honest hard working

and faithful people. Try not to let sisters or brothers of your Thai wife live with you

as that complicates a complicated marriage. My one relative was conned out of money

from some of the GFs, but now he found a lovely, honest and hard working lady and is now,

happily married, only  3 tries. I do feel sorry for the people on this forum who have

been cheated on by their wives, but think that there are very few angels anywhere

on earth., even on this forum..

Geezer

On 8/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, wwest5829 said:

Recommended reading, “Thai Fever”. Opposing pages referring to an issue with one page in Thai, one in English. One of the books to help introduce differences in cultural outlook.

If you need a book to help you with the obvious factors that matter in a relationship, you are going to be in for a tough ride no matter what. In any relationship:

1. Communicate. Keep on communicating, don't take anything for granted. People change over time. Keep on communicating. About your feelings, desires and everything else. 

2. Being a bit flexible, trying to put yourself in the position of others. Being kind and caring and not some selfish **** that puts 'me' first far above anything else.

3. Better find a partner that you share common things with. It's certainly helps if your characters are not too far apart, social class not too far apart, education (Or intellectual capacity if you like) not too far apart, age not too far apart.

Cultural difference are a rather minor thing if your personalities are compatible and you keep on communicating. 

As for the training centre: why is it one sided? It only aims at Thai women and the dangers and struggles that they may face. What about the foreign men? Same sex couples? Thai men with a foreign girl? Tips for the foreigners?

What exactly does the clinic contribute compared to a clinic that advices women (and men?) About general dangers, issues and problems they may face in a relationship? It's a good thing to remind women not to put up with an abusive husband (And what to do if he is an abusive bastard) but his nationality is irrelevant.  So what exactly does this add what a general help centre or hotline couldn't achieve?

29 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Stop fantasising yourself. 

Put lipstick and a gucci dress on a fox, it still behaves like a fox. 

BTW, I love foxy ladies.  You can go to Paris or New York but you will never find the best local food if you only eat at cheap dirty street stalls.  It is the same with finding a life partner here. Too many foreign men here look in the wrong places to find a decent and faithful wife.

4 hours ago, Donutz said:

{snipped}

As for the training centre: why is it one sided? It only aims at Thai women and the dangers and struggles that they may face. What about the foreign men? Same sex couples? Thai men with a foreign girl? Tips for the foreigners?

What exactly does the clinic contribute compared to a clinic that advices women (and men?) About general dangers, issues and problems they may face in a relationship? It's a good thing to remind women not to put up with an abusive husband (And what to do if he is an abusive bastard) but his nationality is irrelevant.  So what exactly does this add what a general help centre or hotline couldn't achieve?

It seems the centre appears to be one-sided towards women because it's being held at "the Rattanapa Center for Women’s and Family Development in Khon Kaen city, a pilot learning center set up by government social development ministries."

This Khon Kaen centre seems to be nowhere near as impartial as the meeting I went to last year (see post #47), organised by the same ministry. A real shame.

10 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

BTW, I love foxy ladies.  You can go to Paris or New York but you will never find the best local food if you only eat at cheap dirty street stalls.  It is the same with finding a life partner here. Too many foreign men here look in the wrong places to find a decent and faithful wife.

Even the Thais know they can't be faithful. Unless you have an ugly wife of course. That helps. 

Or sometimes if you're too rich to risk it. 

Archived