"Big Bike Man" who stole tourist's shoes arrested after coordinated police manhunt

webfact

"Big Bike Man" who stole tourist's shoes arrested after coordinated police manhunt

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A large police manhunt that also involved the local authority has tracked down "Big Bike Man" who pinched a foreigner's shoes at Wat Doi Suthep.

In a poor attempt at mitigation the thief said that the shoes looked like his but were newer - so he took them anyway.

Pheeraphat, 24, was apprehended on Chang Khlan Road yesterday following the theft on Monday.

He was wearing the Adidas trainers and admitted it was a fair cop.

He had earlier fled the scene on his Kawasaki Ninja 650cc motorcycle earning him the Big Bike moniker.

Phuping Khratniwet police led by Pol Col Pitipong Butpiam joined with other cops and the municipal authority in examining the getaway route of the miscreant caught on several CCTV cameras.

Within two days they had their man.

He admitted everything but said that the black and white shoes bore a strong resemblance to his own, though they were a lot newer.

He stole them anyway and has been charged with theft committed in a place of religion.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-23

This brought a huge smile to my face. How wonderful it is that police has the time to launch such an operation for a stolen pair of shoes. Noteworthy that there is a special category for theft at places of worship. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Although supposedly he admitted it, I don't see how you could prove he stole them. It seems he put on another persons shoes instead of his own. It's something anybody could do by mistake and most people are prepared for this at venues where lots of people remove shoes. It is the kind of venue where you take your 50 BT flip flops , not your 10k sneakers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, krystian said:

"large police manhunt that also involved the local authority"

Must be a big time thief or 100k pair of shoes!

What about "large police manhunt that also involved the local authority" for Kho Tao rapist !!! Oh I forgot the Myanmar nationals are in jail already LOLS...

Do not forget to take your medicine next time, this kind of obsession, repetitive, completely off topic, it's very bad for your health.

By the way, those who have clicked like could take their medication too :cheesy:

On 8/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, StefanBBK said:

This brought a huge smile to my face. How wonderful it is that police has the time to launch such an operation for a stolen pair of shoes. Noteworthy that there is a special category for theft at places of worship. 

Stealing shoes is as low as you can go.

9 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I wold like to see his 650 Kwak, it might be newer than mine, guess what !

Vroom............................................

Yup, wonder if he would still be nonchalant if someone had taken his Kwak and left him a 10 year old Honda Wave in it’s place.....?

On 8/24/2018 at 11:01 AM, cmsally said:

Although supposedly he admitted it, I don't see how you could prove he stole them. It seems he put on another persons shoes instead of his own. It's something anybody could do by mistake and most people are prepared for this at venues where lots of people remove shoes. It is the kind of venue where you take your 50 BT flip flops , not your 10k sneakers.

If he bought them at the sneaker show at Central Festival a few weeks ago, he could have paid anywhere up to 100K Baht for a pair of sneakers! The surprising thing was that there was no shortage of buyers dropping 20-30K on a pair of sneakers; many of whom were 20ish kids.