100 investigators to join ‘Phoenix’ probe, says Tourism Minister

webfact

100 investigators to join ‘Phoenix’ probe, says Tourism Minister
By The Phuket News

1535011206_1-org.jpg

Tourism Minister Weerasak Kowsurat (left) joined the mass ceremony at Saphan Hin last night (Aug 22) to honour the spirits of the 47 Chinese tourists who died in the ‘Phoenix’ tour boat disaster. Photo: PR Dept

Minister Weerasak was in Phuket yesterday (Aug 22) to join the mass ceremonies to honour spirits of those lost to the Phoenix tour boat disaster, which killed 47 Chinese tourists when it capsized and sank in a storm off Koh Hei (Coral Island) on July 5.

The two days of ceremonies, being held at Saphan Hin, conclude this evening with a special multi-faith service.

During his address last night, Mr Weerasak said, “The Thai government would like to hold activities to heal the hearts of Chinese tourists’ relatives who were affected by the Phoenix incident. This is why Phuket Provincial officials have united with the Thai-Chinese Tourism Association, the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Tourism and Sports to hold this event.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/100-investigators-to-join-phoenix-probe-says-tourism-minister-68357.php#dcLqLuzUGeE0OLjY.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-08-23

"Now, Royal Thai Police Deputy Commander Gen Rungrot Saengkhram will lead the investigation which is being carried out by 100 other investigators who will gather evidence in the case."

Go on, I'll be the first to ask: Why do they need 100 investigators?

Is it some attempt to impress the Chinese with the numbers? That's about two-to-one investigators per death, (not that I can see the relevance of it).

• Like 1

...gotta wonder....do they even have the word...'sincerity'.....in their vocabulary...

...after the fact...damage control....and poorly scripted words and gestures....

...disgrace upon disgrace...

...more shameless business antics....

...jeez...

On 8/23/2018 at 4:47 PM, happy chappie said:

100 investigators,I don't know why they need so many,maybe a show that they mean business.best not all go on one boat if I was them.

Good point, I can just imagine;  100 investigators need to be moved to another island or whatever to do their work.

Without any thinking they all get loaded onto a boat rated to carry 50 people and missing safety equipment.

• Thanks 1