Only in Thailand? Drains built ABOVE the road

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my home country we have schools for people with that brain level.
But they are not called university...
Or did the missing money for the road construction disappear in some wallets already ?
Maybe...

51 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

only one metre? Good luck with that.  Only joking.  My house and swimming pool are 2 metres above road level, which is ideal when I clean the pool to waste. 

With sea levels rising so fast and a lot of thailand not much more than half a meter above the sea now it wont be long till thailand is a series of islands anyway ( one of which will be your house and pool )

Bangkok is due to sink below the waves in less than 20 years already (too much weight on poor soil )so the government announced again but still they build more  , should look pretty though all those tall buildings surrounded by water and people in water taxis  . so will all new houses in thailand be fitted with davits for the lifeboats as per the next thai building requirement ?

18 hours ago, doremifasol said:

And BTW, didn't you know these are the skilled workers that don't need 

any help from foreigners? They know best.

Pffffff......... pathetic!

It's even worse in Nigeria. Nearly everyone resents expats being there and apparently we aren't needed! ????

2 minutes ago, travelling wilbury said:

With sea levels rising so fast and a lot of thailand not much more than half a meter above the sea now it wont be long till thailand is a series of islands anyway ( one of which will be your house and pool )

Bangkok is due to sink in less than 20 years already (too much weight on poor soil )so the government announced again but still they build more    so will all new houses in thailand be fitted with davits for the lifeboats as per the next thai building requirement ?

The prices of sh longtail boats will rise soon.
Honda and Toyota are planning to enter the local boat market...

As this thread seems to have developed into the intelligence of thai people

Has anyone else noticed how someone will set up a roadside shop,  and seeing that the shop takes a bit of money 25 other people will open up next to the first one selling THE SAME THING ensuring no one makes any money now it that  intelligence lever  IQ -2000

11 minutes ago, travelling wilbury said:

Bangkok is due to sink below the waves in less than 20 years already (too much weight on poor soil )so the government announced again but still they build more  , should look pretty though all those tall buildings surrounded by water and people in water taxis  . so will all new houses in thailand be fitted with davits for the lifeboats as per the next thai building requirement ?

"When I started here, and the lands were swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle on this swamp!"

It's sort of like the section of highway 11 south of Lamphun where they have ripped up the shoulder and motorcycles are now forced to ride on the main road (which is incredibly dangerous considering the nut-case car and truck drivers on the road as well as the nominally suicidal motorcycle riders who seem oblivious to the fact that their lives are in jeopardy).  That was weeks ago and there is no sign that the 'authorities' are planning to resurface the shoulder anytime soon. 

In Pattaya. Big money man sets up housing project but no money for promised picnic area plus pool. Now fenced off and in litigation. City builds nice streets (SOI 6, 7, etc) but not cross streets as they are responsible of original crook who is long gone (TIT). Residents have to patch chuck holes as best they can, meanwhile cross streets continue to deteriorate. Again TIT. Just wondering; JUST HOW MUCH MONEY DO THESE CROOKS NEED to attend all those fancy banquets and have all those much adorned uniforms tailored. Where do all those medals come from? What WAR?

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

As soon as I saw the picture I thought that gap will soon disappear when a new surface is put down. Loads of houses round mine that used to be above  road level are now below it.

Agree,  seems to be the norm.  Me thinks the official in charge may own a soil cartage business.  Everyone that can afford it will order truck loads of fill to return their land to previous level.  Those that can't will have to sell their now flood prone property at less than market value. 

1 hour ago, travelling wilbury said:

Bangkok is due to sink below the waves in less than 20 years already (too much weight on poor soil )so the government announced again but still they build more  , should look pretty though all those tall buildings surrounded by water and people in water taxis

First time I read this was 30 years ago, didn't believe it then ? 

Recent / ongoing installation of drains in a nearby soi.  The unfinished drain is already 20cm higher than this poor chaps driveway.  Now prior to the installation I can't recall this area ever being flooded.  Post this supposed improvement,  water now spews out of the drain and floods the area.  Now it would be a lot more severe but thanks to careful and considered planning,  the water is able to drain away into private property fairly quickly.

IMG_20180824_124446.JPG

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

What also gets me is that the people in those houses have sat around watching this drain/wall being built. 

I don't know about anyone else here but if Somchai turned up building a wall right outside my house, i'd get the Mrs to go outside and ask what was going!

Can see who wears the trousers in your house ?

Mr. Smith wants to have a wall built around his house, so he calls Paddy Construction Ltd, and Paddy himself comes out to do the job. Smith tells Paddy that he will not pay anything until the wall is completed to his satisfaction, and Paddy agrees to this condition.

When the wall is complete, Smith goes to check it, is appalled by the terrible quality of the work, and refuses to pay a penny. "That's the worst wall  I have ever seen in my life," he says.

"I've seen worse," says Paddy.

"I doubt that very much," says Smith, and then adds cockily, "if you can show me a worse wall than this, I will pay you in full!"

"Right, come with me," says Paddy, and he takes him to view another wall only a short distance away.

Smith is dumbfounded by the awful workmanship and admits, "You're right; this one is even worse. Who the hell built it?"

"I did," says Paddy.

Archived