Future Forward Party execs summoned to hear charges

snoop1130

Future Forward Party execs summoned to hear charges

Thanathorn150361b.jpg

Future Forward Party’s acting leader Thanathorn Jungroongreangkit and two other  party executives have been summoned to report to the Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) to be charged with violating the Computer Act on Aug 24 for their comments alleging the military junta’s role in poaching of former MPs.

The other two FFP acting executives summoned by the TCSD are Jaruwan Saranket and Klaikong Waithayakarn.

The summonses were issues after Col Burin Thongprapai, a legal affairs officer of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), filed a complaint with the TCSD accusing the three of violating Section 14 (2) of the Computer Act.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/future-forward-party-execs-summoned-to-hear-charges/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-8-23

4 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Agree with you, Rob. The one political party in Thailand that really does give me hope is Thanathorn's Future Forward Party. I believe that it's time has not yet come - but that one day it (or a later incarnation of it) will lead Thailand into a much more sane and just future. Unfortunately, for now and the foreseeable future - we are stuck with an autocratic military junta.

Yes seems we are stuck with the junta for a while, but maybe the PTP will win. For me it will be interesting to watch, the junta has been throwing around so much money. I always said that the PTP won partly because of the money they threw around. If the PTP get less votes as last time (48% or so) its a sign that throwing money around works. If they get more I have to revise my opinion.

Anyway lets wait and see what happens, and let us hope Future Forward can beat this charge.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

They do not know enough to care.   Ask people on the other side of the Cambodian border, and you will find they care.  They will at least have an opinion and that opinion comes from a recent genocide.  If and when it starts to effect them, they will care, but by then it is too late.  The damage is done.  It is best to care, to have a say and not allow coups or military governments.   

You cannot compare the junta with Hun Sen, whatever the junta its faults they are not doing such a bad job the Thais dont seem to care. Only those who like democracy have something to complain but otherwise they run the country ok not better or worse then YL. Sorry I really don't see much difference. Obviously the Thais also don't see much difference or they would care a lot more. I think in this case your the one with a minority opinion. I really think that if it was bad a lot more Thais would care you would not see the apathie there is now. 

Edited by robblok

I do expect the court to throw out the charges as they did for the MBK 24 activists charged for illegal assembly and few other similar cases. Seem the courts have recently started to act independently. There is a tug of war going on at the top. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I do expect the court to throw out the charges as they did for the MBK 24 activists charged for illegal assembly and few other similar cases. Seem the courts have recently started to act independently. There is a tug of war going on at the top. 

I hope your expectation come true. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...oh wake up.....

...he doesn't represent Thais....

...for the good of the people......???

....like a couple of other 'philanthropists'....???

After the elections we will see if he represent Thais, and yes I remember a lot of people thought Thaksin would not be corrupt because he was rich already. He was one of the most corrupt, lets hope this guy is indeed not after money.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

After the elections we will see if he represent Thais, and yes I remember a lot of people thought Thaksin would not be corrupt because he was rich already. He was one of the most corrupt, lets home this guy is indeed not after money.

I have always hedged my support for Thanathorn around with caveats. He is still pretty much an unknown quantity. His very rich background naturally makes him suspect (the rich usually work for the rich). 

BUT he appears (and I stress the word 'appears') potentially to represent a future for Thailand that is so very much better than what we have now. To that extent - I would give him my support.

Of course, the sad truth is that we foreigners cannot vote anyway. But - neither can the Thais (not in any genuine and fair election)!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I have always hedged my support for Thanathorn around with caveats. He is still pretty much an unknown quantity. His very rich background naturally makes him suspect (the rich usually work for the rich). 

BUT he appears (and I stress the word 'appears') potentially to represent a future for Thailand that is so very much better than what we have now. To that extent - I would give him my support.

Of course, the sad truth is that we foreigners cannot vote anyway. But - neither can the Thais (not in any genuine and fair election)!

Yes the guy is an unknown factor, we really don't know and not all rich are for the rich there are some that are not Bill Gates is a good example. I also think he appears much better and I would support him too and like you I cannot vote (only with my feet).

I agree that the election won't be fair as far as campaigning goes, but unlike others I doubt there will be vote falsification. That just requires too many people to keep a secret, something like that always comes out. I am genuinely curious about the elections but I know that nobody that I like will win. The 2 most probable winners are of course PTP and junta (junta if enough allies). So that means I don't really have a horse in this race. 

If i had to chose, i would select PTP as the least bad of the two only because they will be checked more.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

You cannot compare the junta with Hun Sen, whatever the junta its faults they are not doing such a bad job the Thais dont seem to care. Only those who like democracy have something to complain but otherwise they run the country ok not better or worse then YL. Sorry I really don't see much difference. Obviously the Thais also don't see much difference or they would care a lot more. I think in this case your the one with a minority opinion. I really think that if it was bad a lot more Thais would care you would not see the apathie there is now. 

Not comparing juntas and gangsters and drop dead gorgeous prime ministers.  Comparing attitudes.  Before the Vietnam war and before Pol Pot, Cambodians had a similar attitudes as modern day Thais.  Remember old adage: "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ?   You can learn from historical happenings that are not your own.  You even mentioned that in a post a few days ago with the washing machine analogy.  If you are not vigilant and do not care, bad things can happen to you.  If I had a girlfriend like yours, that is something I would talk about, because Thailand seems to repeat history on an almost daily basis. 

• Like 2