Thailand - Not for me

5 hours ago, Capt Rob said:

Great post - you would have known that you were going to press a few folks buttons with such a denigrating description of Thailand.

Still that said I have found it interesting to read responses and I am only on the first page!

With health issues it would seem that you have limited choice and I suggest you might have built your case around them - reinforcement/confirmation - something most of us have done.

Equally you are challenging the reasoning and values of other 'farangs' living here.

Sure there are many issues here to address, chiefly the plight of the folk at the bottom end of the food chain and failure to address the issues which are glaringly obvious ( road toll, corruption, critical thinking etc).

My Canadian friends including the non-French speaking ones, tell of the PC madness and their embarrassment with their government from the top down( google Jordan Peterson for some definitive words). Australia equally has some PC obsessed folk as does Europe generally - all of the forgoing will tell you nothing I suspect you do not already know.

You were a guest here of the Thai people at large so I think your words to describe Thailand are wanting.

"You were a guest here of the Thai people at large"

Do the Thai people at large run immigration and the government?

6 hours ago, Capt Rob said:

Great post - you would have known that you were going to press a few folks buttons with such a denigrating description of Thailand.

Still that said I have found it interesting to read responses and I am only on the first page!

With health issues it would seem that you have limited choice and I suggest you might have built your case around them - reinforcement/confirmation - something most of us have done.

Equally you are challenging the reasoning and values of other 'farangs' living here.

Sure there are many issues here to address, chiefly the plight of the folk at the bottom end of the food chain and failure to address the issues which are glaringly obvious ( road toll, corruption, critical thinking etc).

My Canadian friends including the non-French speaking ones, tell of the PC madness and their embarrassment with their government from the top down( google Jordan Peterson for some definitive words). Australia equally has some PC obsessed folk as does Europe generally - all of the forgoing will tell you nothing I suspect you do not already know.

You were a guest here of the Thai people at large so I think your words to describe Thailand are wanting.

There are thousands of "guests" in Canada including Thais and they don't have to apologize to Canada when they describe the shortcomings of a country and  living in fear of some computer crime act or worse. 

When people get raped, for example - the criminals get prosecuted. 

Canada is too PC? Omg, omg..... that's the worst Thai apologists were able to come up with? First world problems, no?

Visa runs, subpar Western food and dirty air are the only negative words I used to describe Thailand.... and they are all factual for a Westerner. These things affect me personally, so I mentioned them. Things like corruption, blatant disregard of  human life, no laws, the elite, people driving like animals did not affect me, so I didn't mention them. 

Anyway, thanks for bumping this thread. It was so very much dead.

Toronto 2.8 million, Bangkok 8 million.  Yet Bangkok run much better than Toronto, no ridiculous streetcars, mindless stop signs, traffic lights, no parking yet parking on major roadways, endless bylaws.

Toronto is what happens when men no longer run a place: a bunch hens pecking and implementing ideology instead of systems.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Toronto 2.8 million, Bangkok 8 million.  Yet Bangkok run much better than Toronto, no ridiculous streetcars, mindless stop signs, traffic lights, no parking yet parking on major roadways, endless bylaws.

Toronto is what happens when men no longer run a place: a bunch hens pecking and implementing ideology instead of systems.

Canada, and some Europeen contries have reached some of the most perfect systems for humans ever in History, but also been a very short period it have worked like that. Most who is not from those countries, or those who have run/escaped from those countries av several reasons (economic fear of sharing might be one of them) Say it is not sustainable societies. Well we see how other countries treath their people, and how the situation is in those countries they prefer as a better system or better living terms. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

No, there isn't. I had a tenant living in my place for the past 4 years and paying my mortgage. He moved out and I moved in. The plan is (was?) to fix up the place a bit and charge more rent. I also have some health issues that are worse in Thailand.I just don't want to go back to a filthy country anymore. 

If you think there is anything else you can add it to the story with your vivid imagination.

What a hell does it mean "bottled it??"

The  "urban  Dictionary"  defines  it .

On 8/29/2018 at 8:15 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I can't be responsible for people who interpret their own version of this thread. Never did I say I am staying or leaving. All I said is that I like Canada better.... and got viciously attacked for it. But I expected this, so no hard feelings on my part.... for now.

So  still  bored  and  trolling  about . ho  humm

• Like 1

There's a lot of Thai bashing going on in this forum. But sometimes we also get a bit of Farangland bashing, which balances things out.

There is no perfect place in the world. Live life and adapt. Let's keep this quote in mind.

"It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able to adapt to and to adjust best to the changing environment in which it finds itself."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Thanks for the lolz.

20 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Bangkok run better?

You have to be joking right?

Have you tried to drive in Bangkok?

Air pollution levels always way over the limit

Trash everywhere.

Scammers abound.

Taxi's that don't want to pick you up

The Middle East has moved into the lower Soi's

The street life/vendors has been crushed away

Flooding still an issue in heavy rains

Is that the Bangkok that is run so well?

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, billd766 said:

Who would I believe about the violence in Toronto?

This article https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/increased-murder-and-mayhem-new-norm-for-toronto

Or you?

This article has the link and the information about Toronto.

You have no link or information about Toronto so you try to divert it to something about gun violence in Thailand.

That is true enough but not what you say about Toronto.

The thing about the western world is reporters report ALL the news.

In Thailand you never know what to believe because the govt suppresses any news that will hurt tourism, deals with govt corruption and a host of other things. If you are following the Thailand news and believing Thailand is a safe place, better keep your eyes and ears open.

6 hours ago, The Theory said:

It’s not about moving to Canada. 

This guy was financially supported by wife (as he told in his old posts). He is a “Serb” who is holding Canadaian citizenship. He complained a lot about Canada and the system as well in his posts. My guess is things has gone sour and no more support by wife. 

Lie.

I was never supported financially by my wife. Find me 1 post where I said that.

Your "guess" couldn't be more wrong. By all means, keep that username alive by theorizing. I'm "guessing" it's jealousy that I am not paying my wife a salary and that she is a self sufficient Thai woman who I didn't have to buy a house to win her heart. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:
8 hours ago, The Theory said:

It’s not about moving to Canada. 

This guy was financially supported by wife (as he told in his old posts). He is a “Serb” who is holding Canadaian citizenship. He complained a lot about Canada and the system as well in his posts. My guess is things has gone sour and no more support by wife. 

Lie.

Your "guess" couldn't be more wrong. By all means, keep that username alive by theorizing. I'm "guessing" it's jealousy that I am not paying my wife a salary and that she is a self sufficient Thai woman who I didn't have to buy a house to win her heart. 

some of your postings could have easily lead to this theory even though the theory might not apply.

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Lie.

Good for you.  A bit of a question if you don't mind.  If you won her heart why is she in Thailand and you in Canada?

56 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It's ok.... .I only explained it about 50 times.

You missed my point.  She has reasons for staying in Thailand I understand.  You didn't win her, that's what you don't understand.  Maybe if you bought her a house and gave her some money every month you would not be alone in Canada. 

I don't know you so I said, "maybe." 

I told my son, "boy, you don't get a trophy wife unless you can afford to buy the trophy."

I'm watching a male bird bring the building straw for a nest and food to his mate right now.  It is nature. 

If it is news to you that all women want a man to buy a house and pay the bills you need to grow a bit older and wiser. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:46 PM, bwpage3 said:

The thing about the western world is reporters report ALL the news.

In Thailand you never know what to believe because the govt suppresses any news that will hurt tourism, deals with govt corruption and a host of other things. If you are following the Thailand news and believing Thailand is a safe place, better keep your eyes and ears open.

I watch BBC International and CNN International.  They have a few stories in common but basically CNN is a political station aimed at telling the viewers how to feel about the news and BBC reports the news.  Looking at the recent stories in Thailand about women being banned from the Police Academy and the political stories I find your view not complete. 

55 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You missed my point.  She has reasons for staying in Thailand I understand.  You didn't win her, that's what you don't understand.  Maybe if you bought her a house and gave her some money every month you would not be alone in Canada. 

I don't know you so I said, "maybe." 

I told my son, "boy, you don't get a trophy wife unless you can afford to buy the trophy."

I'm watching a male bird bring the building straw for a nest and food to his mate right now.  It is nature. 

If it is news to you that all women want a man to buy a house and pay the bills you need to grow a bit older and wiser. 

Yea... some nature. I also watched the same thing the idiot male bird build a nest in my mailbox. I spent 3 days trying to feed the poor thing until one morning I found her dead on the ground because it fell down. Any more brilliant analogies?

34463906_10156417460379334_5100316179881

Why would I buy her a house? She has her own house. The reason for her staying in Thailand is that she has a good job - unlikely to ever get one in Canada.

My wife is not a "trophy" wife.... whatever that means. 

I can (and I will) always go back to her place.

Keep paying... and when you stop watch her leave. I leave that life to you.

• Like 2

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Yea... some nature. I also watched the same thing the idiot male bird build a nest in my mailbox. I spent 3 days trying to feed the poor thing until one morning I found her dead on the ground because it fell down. Any more brilliant analogies?

34463906_10156417460379334_5100316179881

Why would I buy her a house? She has her own house. The reason for her staying in Thailand is that she has a good job - unlikely to ever get one in Canada.

Must be a big bed 

43 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

May I suggest you don't pay and that is why don't have a wife with you.  I pay and have a wife with me.  I leave that decision to you.  You will find the same in Canada.  My wife does not have to work in Thailand or North America so her job is a moot point.  If I wanted to move to North America my wife would sell or rent her houses in Thailand and move with me. 

A trophy wife is one sufficiently above average to be sought after for some quality be it intellectual, or physical or bank account. 

I'm not trying to read your beads but I think you are fooling yourself.  It is fairly obvious you are regretting your decision to leave your wife but are deluding yourself as to the reasons she would not accompany you. 

You have failed in some way to provide a reason for her to come with you.  Man up and take the blame and don't blame Thailand for your emotional backlash.

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

And if I pay more, I will have your wife with me.

Some life ?

Most people know this.  I guess you think it's news.  Not only can you have my North American x wife but half of everything I made while we were married.  A beach house and a condo and a farm too. 

But you don't have the wearwithal to keep a Thai wife so I guess I should not worry too much.   Where were you raised that you don't know these things?

You got to listen to that song again.