Transformation of Sukhumvit Sois 5 to 19

Mike West

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We were using one hole in the wall place by Soi 23 next to the Crossbar for the last year or so.

Really good and cheap indian veg curries.

Sadly now closed and usually its greedy landlords upping the rent in that area.

The longer term Indians like Mrs Balbir seem to do OK but the others gawd knows how they survive!

an Ex gf knew people who had a hairdresser room and knew they paying 12k rent a month.
but had no customer eventually people moved out, took fittings etc
shop empty and vacant for nearly 3 months,one day the gf sees landlord and ask her how much rent for the tiny empty room.
15k says she
so gf talk to her more and hint about how it been vacant so long and ask her if can do better.
she say..like i said its 15k

yeah the greed is one thing but some these landlord are quite idiotic in a business sense.

who would not drop rent to get a tennant but rather leave 
the place empty and get nothing!!

cannot work it out myself

They set up the construction barriers on the Sukhumvit median.  The city is extending the Nana BTS with a skywalk that will allow you to walk directly into the Hyatt Regency.  Similarly, Q-House has direct entry to the Nana BTS, no need to access the street.  These rich folk are going to be missing out on all the fun.

Most of us living close to Nana bts or Asoke bts rarely use the BTS anyway T21 opening changed all that . Your pretty much covered with everything you need between the 2. The rich folk will probably not be catching the bts to work at 1 to 5 million USA DOLLARS per condo

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

One busy place I notice is Dosa King....and rightly so....good food and relatively inexpensive at about 140 Baht for a dosa.

(Its 60 Baht at the mall in Pahurat but that is a long taxi ride)

Thats why I live in Thonburi. Everything is half the price.

2 minutes ago, blackhorse said:
9 hours ago, camble said:
They set up the construction barriers on the Sukhumvit median.  The city is extending the Nana BTS with a skywalk that will allow you to walk directly into the Hyatt Regency.  Similarly, Q-House has direct entry to the Nana BTS, no need to access the street.  These rich folk are going to be missing out on all the fun.

Most of us living close to Nana bts or Asoke bts rarely use the BTS anyway. Your pretty much covered with everything you need between the 2. The rich folk will probably not be catching the bts to work at 1 to 5 million USA DOLLARS per condo

Doesnt that bother you just being in that area and not seeing anything else in this huge, fascinating city? Not being critical, just asking how one can survive mentally in just that once little area.

Thats wrong, I couldnt do it, each person is different...but Im curious, what is the attraction?

Doesnt that bother you just being in that area and not seeing anything else in this huge, fascinating city? Not being critical, just asking how one can survive mentally in just that once little area.

Thats wrong, I couldnt do it, each person is different...but Im curious, what is the attraction?
That little area has more resteraunts, bars supermarkets, girls, than most towns combined.

Doesn't mean I never have explored BKK. Breen there done that.. What it means is I leave my condo and have everything at my finger tips. That's how I lived my life in the West as well

Never could understand those that downgrade their life style when arriving in BKK to the outskirts in a shoe box

It's 3rd world so surely living like a thai would be embarrassing

14 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

That little area has more resteraunts, bars supermarkets, girls, than most towns combined.

Doesn't mean I never have explored BKK. Breen there done that.. What it means is I leave my condo and have everything at my finger tips. That's how I lived my life in the West as well

Never could understand those that downgrade their life style when arriving in BKK to the outskirts in a shoe box

It's 3rd world so surely living like a thai would be embarrassing

Thanks. I understand!

The law of the Jungle says if businesses over head cost exceed the money its taking in then that business will soon be bankrupt....Yet some how Indian restaurants all over Thailand have found a way to stay in business despite having very few to almost no customers.. 

Guys this is not just a curiosity....This should be front page news that 100s and 100s of Indian restaurants have figured out a way to stay in business with virtually no customers..lol

Loads of Indian restaurants Bangkok,Pattaya,Chang Mai,Phuket......If they were just in one area a real estate play could be a possible explanation but they are not...

Surely some one out there can explain this? Dont be shy..

Maybe some of us would like to operate a successful business with no customers too...   

Could you imagine living in the new Q House right by Nana? I wouldn't move there if it was cheap, and they cost $1M [emoji23]
That's just the lowly units with no view. They go up to 4.5 million USA dollars

I'm sure the buyers of these condos wouldn't move to your village if you paid them either [emoji16]

On 10/25/2018 at 11:36 AM, fforest1 said:

I miss the tunnel on Soi 5....Now that place had atmosphere....It was kind of run down but I loved it....The tunnel was magical in a seedy sort of way...Its one of the things that made Bangkok great.... 

I saw the biggest rat in my life down there and saw the kebab vendor drop his "doner" skewer or whatever you call them and watch it roll down the road in the rat piss...

RAZZ

3 hours ago, fforest1 said:

The law of the Jungle says if businesses over head cost exceed the money its taking in then that business will soon be bankrupt....Yet some how Indian restaurants all over Thailand have found a way to stay in business despite having very few to almost no customers.. 

Guys this is not just a curiosity....This should be front page news that 100s and 100s of Indian restaurants have figured out a way to stay in business with virtually no customers..lol

Loads of Indian restaurants Bangkok,Pattaya,Chang Mai,Phuket......If they were just in one area a real estate play could be a possible explanation but they are not...

Surely some one out there can explain this? Dont be shy..

Maybe some of us would like to operate a successful business with no customers too...   

I think perhaps they are either eherm..."laundrettes" for cleaning money or operating as lenders/and or illegal money changes.

RAZZ

On 10/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, blackhorse said:

Wrong. That's the time you got there not when they opened. I've lived there for 12 years and the tables were out as early as 7 pm. And then you had the street stalls on both sides of the foot path

I was so happy when the junta shut it all down.

I don't want that crap on my front door and it appears you visit 9 months ago. You probably live in quite soi somewhere

go to soi 4 or soi cowboy both tucked away in side sois . Are there not enough bars for you? Must be a hundred between them

if u didn't want it on your front door, then why the hell did you move there? 

On 10/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

I find this hilariously amusing. If you think the well heeled Indians are even remotely interested in eating in a fleapit restaurant between Soi 5-19 you are gravely mistaken.

Often see parties of them having lavish banquets at indus or the Rang Mahal however.

Or wedding receptions at the finest 5* hotels in Bangkok.

Too expensive for them? You have no idea.

no one cares about them, sheesh 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:31 AM, Dick Crank said:

I saw a black lady from Kenya on the street there with a huge shaped curvy arse. She was in the biz of selling relief to weary and jet lagged travelers.

How did you know she was from Kenya?

Archived