On-line Screens For Thai Stocks?

Here Click under "real time" and you have 3 options for watching live on-line stock prices. I've never used them though. You will have to register first.

Hope this helps :o

Thanks, but streaming quotes are not quite what I'm searching for. Looking for a screen where I can input various options that would give me a list of stocks that fit these parameters. In my case, trying to find Ben Graham type value stocks in Thailand.

Here Click under "real time" and you have 3 options for watching live on-line stock prices. I've never used them though. You will have to register first.

Thanks, but streaming quotes are not quite what I'm searching for. Looking for a screen where I can input various options that would give me a list of stocks that fit these parameters. In my case, trying to find Ben Graham type value stocks in Thailand.

Finding Value stocks is based on accurate, reliable, financial data above all - do you believe you will get that here? If you haven't noticed, corruption is the name of the game!

hi,

i know with kimeng account you have a few options to compare some fundamentals, like P/E, or P/BV, etc., however not as a screening, but only in SET groups, or stock as whole. this isnt what you look for really.

unfortunately, i never met any real screening program, like the ones for american stocks.

i think there is some truth, that the numbers arent that accurate...ok, and so the brokers lie with the recommendations, but they do that everywhere.

however, i believe like everywhere, on the thai market there are some good opportunities time to time.

all the best to find them!

• 4 weeks later...

Finding Value stocks is based on accurate, reliable, financial data above all - do you believe you will get that here? If you haven't noticed, corruption is the name of the game!

A few days ago Berkshire Hathaway released it's annual report for 2006. In it they announced that they'd bought shares in a Korean steel company called POSCO. Now obviously Warren Buffett wasn't thinking when he bought it, that "all" these Koreans are a bunch of crooks, so why should I think any differently about Thai management?

A few days ago Berkshire Hathaway released it's annual report for 2006. In it they announced that they'd bought shares in a Korean steel company called POSCO. Now obviously Warren Buffett wasn't thinking when he bought it, that "all" these Koreans are a bunch of crooks, so why should I think any differently about Thai management?

because the thai baht is a mickey mouse currency. additionally the korean economy is one of the top 10 largest in the world and the thai economy is not

The economy of South Korea is the 10th largest and therefore in the Top 10 economies in the world according to GDP measured by nominal, and the 11th when measured by PPP, as of 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korean_economy

because the thai baht is a mickey mouse currency. additionally the korean economy is one of the top 10 largest in the world and the thai economy is not

The economy of South Korea is the 10th largest and therefore in the Top 10 economies in the world according to GDP measured by nominal, and the 11th when measured by PPP, as of 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korean_economy

I fail to see how a country's GDP size has anything to do with whether one should invest there or not. Believe it or not, Thailand has a larger GDP in nominal terms than Israel. That didn't stop Buffett from buying into an Israeli company (Iscar) last year.