White House wobbles on U.S. flag after McCain death

webfact

tRump  is a pig and has the same class as one.  Sometimes this pig puts on lipstick, and creates a few jobs, or gets the stock markets to have a good day.   I guess this is why he still has lots of supporters who turn a blind eye to the person he is. Pond Scum comes to mind.    I just hope that the majority of the Americans who actually vote have come to the decision to end his time in the White House.

Geezer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tRump  is a pig and has the same class as one.  Sometimes this pig puts on lipstick, and creates a few jobs, or gets the stock markets to have a good day. I guess this is why he still has lots of supporters who turn a blind eye to the person he is. Pond Scum comes to mind.   I just hope that the majority of the Americans who actually vote have come to the decision to end his time in the White House.

Geezer

Seems like everyone has gone nuts over this.  It is customary for flags to be lowered to half mast for a day and a half after the death of a sitting member of Congress.  That was done.  On Monday the flag went back to full staff.  Evidently it seems later on Monday it was recognized that McCain, because of his high profile, should be given a proclamation having flags at half staff until internment.  That was done.  The media has made much out of nothing, noting it was pressure that made the White House issue the proclamation.  Anti-Trumpsters enjoy making a lot out of this not knowing if it was a <deleted> or intentional, but surely will play it as intentional.

Not taking anything away from McCain, but was he a hero or a survivor?  To me military hero's are Medal of Honor recipients, hero's are people who go above an beyond. I think the word hero is being thrown around too easily these days. The military, police, firemen, etc. all seem to be hero's these days. McCain was a fighter pilot who did his duty like thousands of other fighter pilots and soldiers who did their duty. He became notable as a POW because he was the son and grandson of two 4 star naval admirals. Did he suffer in the Hanoi Hilton, you bet. Did he refuse a release, yes. Does that make him a hero? There were about 600 hundred POW's released at the end of the Vietnam War, all serving varying periods of time as POW's and they all deserve special respect for what they have been through.  McCain deserves that respect but no more or less than other POW's of Vietnam or other wars. But he has received the most notice because he has been in politics. My uncle was in a POW camp in WWII so to me McCain is no better or no less a man than my uncle and thousands of other POW's that suffered through various wars. So whether McCain is a hero is how one defines a hero. Certainly he showed some courage in the face of adversity. With regard to the feud between McCain and Trump, it started way back when McCain was running for President and Trump posed the question as to whether McCain was a hero for being captured and being a POW during an interview.  Probably the result of the campaign pushing the narrative of McCain being a war hero.  I would dare say that McCain would be the first to deny being a hero in traditional sense.  Although Trumps remarks may have started the feud back during McCains presidential bid, McCain has also made veiled and direct remarks about Trump as well and Trumped doubled down on the McCain remark during his presidential bid.  McCain until the end issued unfavorable statements about Trump. McCain was a controversial figure for sure. Now that he has passed, even those that disliked McCain in Congress are now praising him.  Maybe that's as it should be as one has to let bygones be bygones.  McCain was surely a decent man, but he was opinionated as well, and certainly pulled no punches. He certainly spent his life in the public eye, not always an easy thing to do. He will be interred on Thursday and will pass, sadly, only to be a footnote in history as few men, even most Presidents make it to the history books. 

Trump has done nothing wrong here.  Another baseless witch hunt from the left.  I am sure this post defending trump will be deleted as were my other 3 posts in this thread where i actually point out all the problems with this so called issue between McCain and Trump. 

1 hour ago, jimmyyy said:

Trump has done nothing wrong here.  Another baseless witch hunt from the left.  I am sure this post defending trump will be deleted as were my other 3 posts in this thread where i actually point out all the problems with this so called issue between McCain and Trump. 

You're wrong, why would it be deleted, no violation of policy.

You're not giving much arguments though why the WH did nothing wrong. Also, the main criticism so far has come from the conservatives like McCain.

On 8/28/2018 at 6:09 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The White House lowered its U.S. flag to half-staff, raised it back up and on Monday lowered it again after the death of Senator John McCain, in an unusual and confusing break with protocol on the passing of a national leader...

...Trump's White House lowered its flag on Saturday, then raised it back following the minimum period under law. Trump also delayed issuing the customary proclamation for flags to remain at half-staff for longer than the two-day minimum..."

What a petty, petty, man.

There are many in the world who criticize the US for a variety of reasons, but rarely did I ever hear about a lack of basic decency. Before now.

I have said it before and (sadly) need to say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

God help us all. 

As a compromise, the flag should have been set to three quarters... 

(Sarcasm warning)

John McCain often said that he was not a hero - I can't find a decent Youtube clip - and that he served with many, many, many heroes.

I suspect that even in the afterlife he's not making any noise about the vertical position of flags in his honor? He is probably disappointed that we can't come together, if only for a week or so?

5 hours ago, Trouble said:

Seems like everyone has gone nuts over this.

I don't think anyone is "going nuts over this", other than tRUmp defenders.

Rather it was just the confusing manner in which the Whitehouse's responses were carried out: flags up, flags down, flags up, flags down; up at Agriculture, down at State; an Instagram post prominently feature tRUmp girth, then a tweet; WH proclamation vetoed by tRUmp, then WH proclamation issued.

I guess we shouldn't be shocked at the haphazard style of governing by now, but it does make the administration look incapable of handling even the most basic events, and it makes it difficult for tRUmp supporters to stay on message throughout any 24 hour period.

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

tRump  is a pig and has the same class as one.  Sometimes this pig puts on lipstick, and creates a few jobs, or gets the stock markets to have a good day.   I guess this is why he still has lots of supporters who turn a blind eye to the person he is. Pond Scum comes to mind.    I just hope that the majority of the Americans who actually vote have come to the decision to end his time in the White House.

Geezer

While I agree with you, pigs are actually better than him. I wish someone would invent an App for TV and phones that immediately change to another subject when his face or voice interrupt our lives.

10 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

It seems you were wrong yet again.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Flag still at half mast on my ship, yeah I'm out here working on behalf of our country. Unlike the bunch of POTUS haters on here. 

41 minutes ago, Becker said:

And this you know how?

36 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Enlighten me.....

That's obviously impossible.

11 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Trump is such a vindictive petty ignorant ass. How millions of Americans think he's so great is a mystery to the world.

1.      Ignorance of his followers - Ignorance caused by their surroundings

2.      Hypersensitivity to Threat

3.      Terror Management  - Fear

4.   High Attention Engagement - He says the same thing over and over again

Archived