Thailand to launch eVisa in the UK, France, China, and UAE this year

Dont know if this is useful or not. Thai embassy in London states the following
"The Royal Thai Government is working to improve our immigration system and visa application procedure, by introducing E-visa application.

Like UK visa application, applicants will be required to fill in application form and submit their documents online, then make an appointment for a visit to the Embassy."

It clearly states e-visa rather than online visa, but also states a visit will be required. It may just be a terminology issue. All in all I think we will still have to wait and see for a while.

Further information will be provided in due course.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/28/2018 at 9:48 AM, Orac said:

Interesting stuff. A company, not affiliated with the Thai govt and registered in Majorca as a restaurant or food stand offering visas for Thailand.

http://www.expansion.com/directorio-empresas/amazing-thailand-sociedad-limitada_9393895_I58_07.html

VFS is an indian company headquartered in Dubai, non govermental and issues visas and passports for the UK...what could go wrong with that ?

2 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

VFS is an indian company headquartered in Dubai, non govermental and issues visas and passports for the UK...what could go wrong with that ?

Many things could and clearly do go wrong with VFS but they are operating under a contract and UK govt have a responsibility to manage that contract.

There is no record of any deal/contract/association between the Thai govt and this cafe in Ibiza to suggest they have any information that is new regarding visas so the article does have the potential to mislead and could also draw people into a possible scam.

3 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Actually they only process the visa applications and send them for approval by the UK government.

Same for passport applications here. They send the application to the UK where they are issued and then sent to VFS.

14 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Will METV walk-in applications still be OK for early October in the UK, or would that be forced over to an online application too ?

I don't think the online application system will be working next month. Perhaps in October of next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

If you take into account what 'this year' actually means in Thailand (elections for example) it's highly unlikely we'll see this evisa this decade.

I don’t see why the election is going to delay the eVisa. eVisa’s are neithr political or contentious.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

I don’t see why the election is going to delay the eVisa. eVisa’s are neithr political or contentious.

May I correct that for you.....

"eVisa’s are SHOULD BE neither political or contentious."

Sadly most things to do with Immigration / Visas become both political and contentious at some stage. Excuse my cynicism but TIT, Sir. ???? 

Edited by VBF

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

You've misunderstood my post. I gave the election as an example of how things in Thailand tend to get seriously delayed. Things that are promised 'this year' usually happen several years later, if at all.

• Like 1