border runs

with the low rate against the pound I wont bring in any money from UK to qualify for my annual resisdency this year it would appear then I will have to carry out border runs

What are my options from Chiang Mai.I dont want to travel too far so I guess it will be Mayamare

1 hour ago, gennisis said:

annual resisdency this year it would appear then I will have to carry out border runs

How long do you want to stay?

It sounds like you want to do land border runs (without visa) to get 30 day stamps.

Are you aware that this is limited to three entries per calendar year?

Whether Myanmar ("Burma") is the option? Others will know.

One year ago on 1 Sept, it was 1UK to 42.90 baht, now it is 41.90. Is this a lot of difference?

Anyway, border runs are restricted to max number of times per year and each time it is restricted to 14/30 days by land.

They keep changing the numbers so I won't know what's the number now.

Your options (by land) are

1. Mae Sai to Myanmar

2. Khon Kaen to Laos

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

2. Khon Kaen to Laos

A quite long trip to Nong Khai/Vientiane.

Might even need an overnight.

Question: don't you have the opportunity to get a Non-O multiple entry visa from London(?).

This would give you a realistic chance to spend a year without transferring much money.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

A quite long trip to Nong Khai/Vientiane.

Might even need an overnight.

True but it's still cheap by bus and it's nearer than going to Cambodia or Malaysia.

Some people might not want to travel to Myanmar for various reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gennisis said:

with the low rate against the pound I wont bring in any money from UK to qualify for my annual resisdency this year it would appear then I will have to carry out border runs

Do you have any income you could combine with the money you have in the bank to reach 800k baht?

If you’re sure you can’t do your extension then best to give a few more details on your situation as you won’t be able to just keep border hopping. You’ll need a visa of some sort to stay longer term. Whether you can get a non o if married or have a kid or even if it means tourist visas but border hopping alone will be no good to you