makaani

SteveK

I guess you have been misunderstood?

You put this in the Isaan forum for a purpose?

And is " makaani" an attempt to transcribe a Thai or Isan language word?

If so the thread could be put in the Thai language forum.

I don't recognize the word and a reverse transcript search brings no result.

ok , so where are you hearing this word ?

Issan or South Efrica ?

if it is in Issan you are probably hearing the Buckarnee/Makarnee word, some of the ways they pronounce their words make it exceptionally difficult to differentiate between sounds.

2 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

ok , so where are you hearing this word ?

Issan or South Efrica ?

if it is in Issan you are probably hearing the Buckarnee/Makarnee word, some of the ways they pronounce their words make it exceptionally difficult to differentiate between sounds.

Yes I agree, because it doesn't take much to be slightly out, e.g. I heard my son say to a word to his brother the other day, the word was gohawk, I asked my wife what gohawk meant, she said she doesn't know, I said one of the boys said it to the other, so she called them in, and said puppa wants to ask you something, I said what does gohawk, mean, they said they don't know, anyway, long of the short, the penny finally dropped, oh you mean gohaaaaaawk, meaning you have to drag it out for them to understand, I give up, and yes I found out the meaning to be liar.

As for Makaani if it is the actual way he is spelling it, it can either have something to do with the horizontal air motion (Hawaii) or an Indian dish cooked in rich sauce, but if its Bakkani, it's a cheeky bugger, usually referred to a kid

It's definitely "makaani", heard lots of people say it but nobody who speaks English. The surprise or startlement seems to fit. 

Where did you here it said (geographically)? And in what context??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived