Standing Orders

argoscrete

I have just tried to set up a standing order from Kasikorn Account to pay my monthly rent to the owner, whose account is with Kungsri Bank.

I had naively assumed this would be a straightforward inter bank payment ie a Standing Order.  However, despite visiting two Kasikorn banks to check, it appears they simply do not offer this service!! I am amazed.

I could, however, stay in the bank, sign 5 pieces of paper (one of them 3 times), pay Kasikorn bank 60THB and the payment could be arranged for this one month only.

Anyone had similar experiences and/or can anyone suggest a more convenient way of setting up a simple, direct monthly payment.

Many thanks. J

Not a direct answer to your question, but the power companies (MEA in greater Bangkok, PEA elsewhere) offer automatic monthly payment to pay your power bill. But I know nothing more than that, I have never done it myself. Perhaps try the bank's call centre and explain what you want,  and get the necessary Thai terminology from them. Keep the name and number of whomever you speak to, so you can call them back if you encounter the mai dai stonewall at the bank counter.

11 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

with kasikorn online banking, you can pay you can pay companies/others   and have the choice

to make a one-off or scheduled   payments

Yes, both Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial offer to make transfers recur as required.

• Like 1

I pay my water and electricity by direct debit, ie the utility company ask for the variable amount from my account each month.  That was a devil to set up, but that was over 15 years ago and hasn't changed since.

But standing orders are different.  Kasikorn will only allow you to set up a standing order to another  Kasikorn customer and then only for one year.  My daughters are at uni and every January I have to set up  new standing orders for them for the forthcoming year to their Kasikorn accounts.  I can transfer money to my wife's account, but have to do that manually each month as she is with another bank.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lungbing said:

Kasikorn will only allow you to set up a standing order to another  Kasikorn customer and then only for one year.

Indeed. I just tried it with K-Bank and no way to do recurring transfer to other bank.

Bangkok Bank does but also limited to 12 transactions max.