I Need a Help. I Have No Idea.

Hello,

I really like to ride a motorcycle. But I don't understand about anything. Such as engine, maintenance, what is good or bad in motorcycle etc.

I have a work permit. So I'd like to buy second hand motorcycle. Today I went one shop;

A)First choice; Honda CBR 150. They offer me 30,000 Baht and can pay within 2 months. (I didn't take a photo. Because as they said 2 days later motorcycle back to shop. Now someone rent already.) May be this saturday I'll go and check.

My questions;

1)30,000 expensive or normal price for second hand Honda CBR 150?

2)What does Honda CBR 150 sound look like? Any video can show me from Youtube or something?

3)What's the top speed? 120?

4)As they told me this motorcycle 4-5 years old. Do you think is it ok?

B)Second choice; Honda CBR 250. 40,000 Baht and can pay within 2 months.

My questions;

5)40,000 expensive or normal price for second hand Honda CBR 150?

6)What's the top speed? 150?

7)What does Honda CBR 250 sound look like? Any video can show me from Youtube or something?

8)Actually I like black. Later can I change the color? As the shop said; you can buy or paint which part is white.

9)For green book they said only need work permit and passport. Is that true? No need driver license? Because I just apply 2 days ago. Don't have yet.

10)Or do you have any recommend sport motorcycle can be second hand and not more than 40,000?

Thank you!

40349852_289733318295023_1529544141661274112_n.jpg

40310605_413517472507091_1906090096369598464_n.jpg

40313584_650494325334528_1938074717822910464_n.jpg

40449330_459912301172175_7934094095218114560_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

For green book they said only need work permit and passport. Is that true?

That's the only point I can contribute: yes you can buy with WP and passport.

But of course you are not legal without driving license.

How long have you been in Thailand and what home country licenses do you have?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pr9spk said:

My 2 cents:

The prices look fine.

You don't need a fast motorcycle in Thailand, the roads are terrible.

You must have a Thai drivers license to be covered by Thai insurance.

Forget "top speed", just make sure your paperwork is all sorted first.

Yes I just apply Thai driver license around 2 days ago but I don't have enough time within weekdays for take a exam. When I have time I'll do it.

Could you answer my questions? Thank you!

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's the only point I can contribute: yes you can buy with WP and passport.

But of course you are not legal driving without driving license.

How long have you been in Thailand and what home country licenses do you have?

Yes I just apply Thai driver license around 2 days ago but I don't have enough time within weekdays for take a exam. When I have time I'll do it. I've been Thailand for 3 years but until now just  sometimes rent a car&motorcycle 2-3 days. I have Turkish driver license. Actually when I went DLT office they said if you translate to Thai your license from embassy then we can change. But I work in other province and no time to go Bangkok.

Could you answer my other questions? Thank you!

Edited by sananeamk0715

If it's just a few days, you could chance it, sure you'll be fine. Only time I got pulled over was about 10 years ago in Phuket and the policeman accepted my UK motorcycle license.

Of course if you get caught then it's your problem. You've got more chance of winning the Thai lottery though.

Sounds like you've got your priorities in order, though, so just sort it ASAP and you will be OK.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pr9spk said:

If it's just a few days, you could chance it, sure you'll be fine. Only time I got pulled over was about 10 years ago in Phuket and the policeman accepted my UK motorcycle license.

Of course if you get caught then it's your problem. You've got more chance of winning the Thai lottery though.

Sounds like you've got your priorities in order, though, so just sort it ASAP and you will be OK.

Yeah if I have a time I'll make it. But working 8 am to 5 pm. Let's see.

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

The details in the green book will have to indicate the new colour, if you choose to go down that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see. I think I’ll buy CBR 150 really like to color. And as my search top speed 130 km. It’s prettt enough for me.

If I ride from Surat Thani to Bangkok is that ok? How much gasoline I can spend?

2 hours ago, papa al said:

cBR 150 great bike.

Unless you already have non-Thai a motocy license,

You will prolly wreck the bike within 2 weeks,

but pretty cheap to fix.

helmet & gloves

good luck

I still not buy yet. But if I buy of course I'll make it. Unless I'll not ride Surat Thani to Bangkok. As I told you guys I'm working monday to friday. And driver license test all the time start at 9 am. Also it takes 2 days to finish everything. I fee like after 24 september I can be free.

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

OP, you do realize that this country has an atrocious record for motorcycle deaths, do you???

Please be very careful and always expect the un-expected AND enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I know but I just wanna know top speed. That's all. That's mean not I'm gonna ride all the time fast lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

No Thai driving license, no insurance.

No insurance, hit someone, big trouble. Hit the wrong person, ...

Kill someone, your mail will be forwarded to Ban Kwang , if you live that long.

Get a proper license, get first class insurance, or second class plus, at least then you have a chance.

I still not buy yet. But if I buy of course I'll make it. Unless I'll not ride Surat Thani to Bangkok. As I told you guys I'm working monday to friday. And driver license test all the time start at 9 am. Also it takes 2 days to finish everything. I fee like after 24 september I can be free.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah it's laughable YouTube can answer the questions.

Can you explain to me;

1)How can Youtube talk 30,000 expensive or normal price for Thailand?

2)When I check about sound videos all of them have different sound. There is no original sound. That's why I wanna know from people who know what is the original sound look like.

4)How can Youtube also answer 4-5 years old motorcycle ok or not?

8)I can't find everything about change color etc.

• Haha 1

Ask them to start the bike up and listen, if it is quiet-ish it will have the factory box, if loud it has an aftermarket box which the BiB may not like....

If you change the colour you must get it changed in the book....

30,000bht from a dealer, who bought it and wants to make a profit, sounds OK to me..

The bike will do 130+kph.....?

28 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Can you explain to me;

1)How can Youtube talk 30,000 expensive or normal price for Thailand?

2)When I check about sound videos all of them have different sound. There is no original sound. That's why I wanna know from people who know what is the original sound look like.

4)How can Youtube also answer 4-5 years old motorcycle ok or not?

8)I can't find everything about change color etc.

Internet 

Unless you have many years experience riding, forget about "top speed'. If you do have many years experience riding, forget about "top speed".
If you learn nothing else, be aware that Thailand for a number of reasons has the second highest road death rate in the world, surpassed only by Libya,

• "2nd in the world for road accident deaths, after Libya.
  • 24,000 people are estimated to die on Thai roads every year.
  • 73% of those killed are motorcyclists.
  • 36.9m vehicles ply Thai roads - it's gone up by 30% in the last five years."

I have been a rider since 1973, 350 CC to 1,000CC, and a CT State Motorcycle Safety Instructor as well. Also involved as a wrecker driver in the aftermath of several fatalities.
    Really prefer that you not have a starring role in one of those, dude. 
    Good luck.
  •  
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Ask them to start the bike up and listen, if it is quiet-ish it will have the factory box, if loud it has an aftermarket box which the BiB may not like....

If you change the colour you must get it changed in the book....

30,000bht from a dealer, who bought it and wants to make a profit, sounds OK to me..

The bike will do 130+kph.....?

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Unless you have many years experience riding, forget about "top speed'. If you do have many years experience riding, forget about "top speed".
If you learn nothing else, be aware that Thailand for a number of reasons has the second highest road death rate in the world, surpassed only by Libya,

• "2nd in the world for road accident deaths, after Libya.
  • 24,000 people are estimated to die on Thai roads every year.
  • 73% of those killed are motorcyclists.
  • 36.9m vehicles ply Thai roads - it's gone up by 30% in the last five years."

I have been a rider since 1973, 350 CC to 1,000CC, and a CT State Motorcycle Safety Instructor as well. Also involved as a wrecker driver in the aftermath of several fatalities.
    Really prefer that you not have a starring role in one of those, dude. 
    Good luck.
  •  

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hopefully you wont end up with the RIP model like so many before you?

Guys why you talking like this? I feel like give up to buy lol I'm not kinda person like speed. I just asked because wanna know what's the top speed about this motorcycle. That's all.

By the way if I ride Surat Thani to Bangkok. How much around do I pay to gasoline? 1,000 Baht or more?

Based on my Kawasaki 650 , you should be able to do your trip for 1000 baht. maybe 1200.

645 kilometers.

Honda CBR 150 R Mileage. Honda CBR 150 R gives a mileage of 38 Kmpl as claimed by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).

oh shit, i don't have time to do the math, my two girl massage is at the door. so i could be wrong