Pattaya police told to smarten up their act and be polite - especially with tourists

webfact

Pattaya police told to smarten up their act and be polite - especially with tourists

8pm.jpg

Top Brass police orders have reached Pattaya telling cops there to smarten up, stop hiding behind masks and balaclavas and communicate more effectively with tourists.

Local police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch told Pattaya News that the orders had reached his office and he was busy disseminating the information to his men. This was especially important as Pattaya is a big tourist town, he noted.m

Traffic cops are being told to implement the law fairly and solve traffic problems at the resort.

They are being told to provide a better service, help the public at all times and tidy up their procedures when it comes to searches and arrests. Better communication with tourists is also required.

And - as has been reported in other areas of Thailand - the cops are once again being told to dress properly and be polite.

Masks and balaclavas or anything obscuring their faces is now a "no-no" as the top brass attempt to improve the image of the cops among Thais and tourists alike at one of the country's leading holiday destinations.

Thaivisa notes that last year the chief arranged haircuts at the station for 400 men as a previous set of orders came from on high. On another occasion he organised keep fit sessions in the Beach Road station car park.

It remains to be seen what the chief decides to do this time to improve the attitude and dress sense of his men.

Source: Pattaya News 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-30

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when dishonesty, incompetence, and outright criminality seem to embody all ranks of the force both inside and outside of this world class family resort am not gonna hold my breath on this.

The only thing you can almost bank on them doing is whitewashing and walking around with their hands out around this time of any given month

Yeah And not do what Australian Police from Victoria ask them to do!....I was illegally followed in Pattaya  

in Nov 2015 by Australian & Thai police so much so that i went to my embassy in Bangkok to report it!....

They even entered my hotel room and placed items there to intimidate me........

5 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

Yeah And not do what Australian Police from Victoria ask them to do!....I was illegally followed in Pattaya  

in Nov 2015 by Australian & Thai police so much so that i went to my embassy in Bangkok to report it!....

I am sure this type of thing happens all the time to honest law abiding citizens.

50 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I am sure this type of thing happens all the time to honest law abiding citizens.

Let's just put aside what it's all about for a moment shall we....

Are you saying or condoning that it is ok for Victorian Police in Aus  to break serious laws in order

to catch someone.....??.....ONE of the laws broken would be stalking....which carries an 8 year max

sentence.....

1 hour ago, Nasrullah said:

....and of course you are totally innocent. Love to hear the reason as to why the Police from two seperate nations are so interested in you. 

47 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

Are you saying or condoning that it is ok for Victorian Police in Aus  to break serious laws in order

to catch someone.....??.....ONE of the laws broken would be stalking....which carries an 8 year max

sentence.....

So next time the Police of any given nation decide to investigate or follow a suspected fellon or criminal would you prefer if they gave you fair notice they are after you? 

Do you feel they're conduct was unsportsman like?

51 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

sentence.....

If you're a criminal on the run then I think they can do whatever it takes to capture you and take you back to face the consequences of your actions. 

5 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

....and of course you are totally innocent. Love to hear the reason as to why the Police from two seperate nations are so interested in you. 

Well it's not so much the Thai Police that are interested in me!.....It's the Australian Police......

You see.......everyone has a past right?.....And mine has involved being a drug user.(none for 14 yrs)....

But i think the Aus police are still trying to pin something on me from my past.....I never was a 

dealer BTW.......

1 minute ago, Nasrullah said:

Well it's not so much the Thai Police that are interested in me!.....It's the Australian Police......

You see.......everyone has a past right?.....And mine has involved being a drug user.(none for 14 yrs)....

But i think the Aus police are still trying to pin something on me from my past.....I never was a 

dealer BTW.......

Tell it to the judge Bruce. I've heard so many hard luck stories in LOS that you could ever poke a stick at.

6 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

So next time the Police of any given nation decide to investigate or follow a suspected fellon or criminal would you prefer if they gave you fair notice they are after you? 

Do you feel they're conduct was unsportsman like?

NO illegal!!!!!.......That's right ILLEGAL........I ask you......Are police above the law?.....IS it okay

for them to break SERIOUS laws to charge someone with an other offence?

2 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

NO illegal!!!!!.......That's right ILLEGAL........I ask you......Are police above the law?.....IS it okay

I would turn yourself in for carrying on like a Pork chop. It's sounding so embarassing, all things considered.

8 minutes ago, Araiwah said:

If you're a criminal on the run then I think they can do whatever it takes to capture you and take you back to face the consequences of your actions. 

You are correct Sir.......But i've not been charged with anything....As i said,this happened in nov 2015....

Your statement  and my response is what makes it illegal.....I am not on the run and they are free to 

question me anytime!

11 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

dealer BTW.......

A friend of mine, not me,:clap2: said doing a lot of coke makes you paranoid. what do you think?:cheesy:

9 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Tell it to the judge Bruce. I've heard so many hard luck stories in LOS that you could ever poke a stick at.

LIsten.....I'm telling my story.....so if you have nothing else to add .......................................

5 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

perhaps you are paranoid from all that drug taking years ago, after complaining at your embassy  they informed the Thai police that you may be mentally unstable and should be kept under observation. 

Quit stopping tourists on their rented motorbikes to collect an easy 200 baht. Start patrolling Pattaya Beach promenade at night; give speeding tickets to “ting-tong” bus drivers; walk around the city instead of sitting in those “police booths. In other words: Be more pro-active.

3 minutes ago, toenail said:

Quit stopping tourists on their rented motorbikes to collect an easy 200 baht

Quite a lot  don't wear helmets and/or don't have a driving licence..so yes its easy money

but  less road blocks would be nice...also they could improve traffic flow by using  smart traffic lights and not let PC plod ( ermm PC Somchai Plod)  control the lights..instead  Plod could be stationed during rush hours at every "yellow box" junction  and  "turn on red traffic light"  junctions  to usher vehicles on  that block them...Stopping those huge double decker tour buses entering town

( should only be allowed to Sukumvit) would help a lot too.

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The police care little for the people, do not engage in any sort of traffic safety, only show up after an accident has taken place, do not ever pull anyone over for reckless driving, threatening lives on the highway, speeding, or driving while drunk.

Correct, they are not allowed to do that, for well known reasons.

How about they stand 2 Police Officers on duty at each set of pedestrian lights on beach road and stop and fine all drivers that go through the red lights. RED LIGHT means stop, not speed up and aim for the pedestrians, please police this first. If you can't do this simple job Pattaya will never be a family friendly first class resort.

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

A friend of mine, not me,:clap2: said doing a lot of coke makes you paranoid. what do you think?:cheesy:

OK....I'll try and make sense of it for you.....

As i said i have a drug user past.....things happen as you can imagine in this lifestyle....The Aus cops

want me to make a drug purchase in aus so they can possibly pin other/different charges on me.

(more serious).....Before i ever even set foot in Thailand i used to frequent Aus prostitutes...

Then i started going to thailand which is no good for their cause.....as the drug purchase they seek 

has to be made in australian jurisdiction.....so what did they do?.....They boarded a plane when i 

went on holiday & followed me around pattaya trying to set me up to make a drug purchase...But 

the real reason for this was to have me charged knowing i would return to Aus before any thai court

date and be too scared to return to thailand.........

1 minute ago, Nasrullah said:

OK....I'll try and make sense of it for you.....

As i said i have a drug user past.....things happen as you can imagine in this lifestyle....The Aus cops

want me to make a drug purchase in aus so they can possibly pin other/different charges on me.

(more serious).....Before i ever even set foot in Thailand i used to frequent Aus prostitutes...

Then i started going to thailand which is no good for their cause.....as the drug purchase they seek 

has to be made in australian jurisdiction.....so what did they do?.....They boarded a plane when i 

went on holiday & followed me around pattaya trying to set me up to make a drug purchase...But 

the real reason for this was to have me charged knowing i would return to Aus before any thai court

date and be too scared to return to thailand.........

Thank you for the additional details. So, what you are saying is that Australian police followed a simple drug user to another country in an attempt to lure them into a simple "for use" drug purchase, in the hopes that they would flee that country for home. Given it is Australia, these police would either be acting on their own initiative or would require department authorization for this "operation". Including airfare, hotels, and living expenses. I am sorry, but it all sounds fantastic.

Archived