Pattaya police told to smarten up their act and be polite - especially with tourists

webfact

6 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Yeah And not do what Australian Police from Victoria ask them to do!....I was illegally followed in Pattaya  

in Nov 2015 by Australian & Thai police so much so that i went to my embassy in Bangkok to report it!....

They even entered my hotel room and placed items there to intimidate me........

Are you a mate of Sharkey 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

OK....I'll try and make sense of it for you.....

As i said i have a drug user past.....things happen as you can imagine in this lifestyle....The Aus cops

want me to make a drug purchase in aus so they can possibly pin other/different charges on me.

(more serious).....Before i ever even set foot in Thailand i used to frequent Aus prostitutes...

Then i started going to thailand which is no good for their cause.....as the drug purchase they seek 

has to be made in australian jurisdiction.....so what did they do?.....They boarded a plane when i 

went on holiday & followed me around pattaya trying to set me up to make a drug purchase...But 

the real reason for this was to have me charged knowing i would return to Aus before any thai court

date and be too scared to return to thailand.........

So if you leave thsiland there is only one place to go and that is oz??

Teaching this bunch of highway robbers is an interesting challenge leading nowhere. Never came across more rude officers hidden behind face masks and sun glasses (in the middle of the night that was) trying to cream off some cash. One even tried to "fine" me for a road tax sticker which, according to him, expired on 7. February. I asked him, if he is really Thai as the sticker would say August and that I would be able to read Thai. Walked away and wanted to fined me (officially that is) for being "impolite to Royal Thai police" with THB 1'000. As I have a dash camera recording also the conversation I managed to bring this to an end - hopeless bunch of crooks! 

My encounters with thai police have been nothing but courteous and professional.

Then again I dont try to lord it over them and make it they are unprofessional and incompetent as many from good old back home attempt to do.

Treat as I find..then again I am mature, content and amenable.

Some of you should try it

I dealt with the tourist police once on a hotel billing issue.  I called the 555 or whatever that number was.  Two men showed up.  One spoke decent English. I explained my side.  He called the cell phone of the hotel manager who had stopped answering my calls.  Right after that the lady called me back and was very upset I had called the police.  I said, well, you stopped answering my calls or resolving the billing issue.  The next day I got my refund and all was well.   I tipped the two cops enough to pay for a decent lunch and I think they took that in a good way

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I dealt with the tourist police once on a hotel billing issue.  I called the 555 or whatever that number was.  Two men showed up.  One spoke decent English. I explained my side.  He called the cell phone of the hotel manager who had stopped answering my calls.  Right after that the lady called me back and was very upset I had called the police.  I said, well, you stopped answering my calls or resolving the billing issue.  The next day I got my refund and all was well.   I tipped the two cops enough to pay for a decent lunch and I think they took that in a good way

Good story .

We can laugh about the police here but they are actually there to assist you and most of them will do exactly that . 

16 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

Yeah And not do what Australian Police from Victoria ask them to do!....I was illegally followed in Pattaya  

in Nov 2015 by Australian & Thai police so much so that i went to my embassy in Bangkok to report it!....

Is it just me or do you have a criminal tattoo on your forehead????

I think the balaclavas suit them the same way highwaymen in the olden days used to wear them, after all Thailand is light years behind the rest of the free world. Whoops wrong choice of word  free should be deleted 

I have never been stopped by Pattaya police, and since I only take the baht buses to get

around, I likely will not be stopped. In Hua Hin I was stopped for going the wrong way on

a narrow soi. 500 cash fine, then I was allowed to go one more block to MacDonalds.

The guy was honest enough, he sad, Its the end of the month after all! 5555

Geezer

On 8/30/2018 at 2:43 PM, Nasrullah said:

Let's just put aside what it's all about for a moment shall we....

Are you saying or condoning that it is ok for Victorian Police in Aus  to break serious laws in order

to catch someone.....??.....ONE of the laws broken would be stalking....which carries an 8 year max

sentence.....

I am just guessing that you are engaged in some criminal enterprise and are shocked that the Thai police are not hamstrung in their investigation like their Australian brothers, whatever it is, don't come to the Philippines. 

On 8/30/2018 at 1:28 AM, z42 said:

Well when dishonesty, incompetence, and outright criminality seem to embody all ranks of the force both inside and outside of this world class family resort am not gonna hold my breath on this.

The only thing you can almost bank on them doing is whitewashing and walking around with their hands out around this time of any given month

Easy for the top brass to issue the directions, almost impossible to implement. The word is out on how the RTP work and it is impacting Thailand's reputation overseas which could eventually impact tourism, especially repeat visitors. Of course leading by example...well...

On 8/30/2018 at 2:30 PM, spidermike007 said:

its true what you say. the other day a watched a 'hyway police car' drive past a bike with 3 teens on it with no helmets. 12 yr olds... the police car overtook them and probably didnt notice them

On 8/30/2018 at 2:53 PM, NCC1701A said:

A friend of mine, not me,:clap2: said doing a lot of coke makes you paranoid. what do you think?:cheesy:

No it doesn't. You can ask the the two guys who I think follow me around every night when I walk my dog. I sit at home wondering what my dog has done wrong.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:38 PM, Nasrullah said:

They would only do that Nasrullah because you are a person of interest 

Archived